Sponsored

Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best?

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not currently but a part of Turn Offroad's mission statement is to bring all of our manufacturing in house here in the USA.

As we grow and expand we are slowly beginning to bring production back to the US.
If you have any other questions please let us know!
So where are they made?
Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thread title. Hammerbuilt? AGS? RTR? Etc?
I am pleased with my Turn tailgate reinforcement and adjustable tire carrier. I have been out several times since it was installed and it is SOLID.

turn.carrier.jpg

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just an update, have the turn off road full tailgate kit and have no issues still. Been off road quite a few times as I hit the dirt each weekend, sometimes multiple times. No issues over washboard trails, or during flexing and such.

If I were to start over, still would purchase the same item.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the RTR and it's fantastic. Very stout design and I'm super happy with it. I have the tire carrier, plate and the mount for a 5 gallon Jerry can.

Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pleased with my Turn tailgate reinforcement and adjustable tire carrier. I have been out several times since it was installed and it is SOLID.

turn.carrier.jpg
Where did you get these brackets?

Screenshot_20240128_115442_Chrome.jpg

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you get these brackets?

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? Screenshot_20240128_115442_Chrome
The brake light bracket is from SDHQ with Baja Design lights, the bracket in the tire with pods lights is all Baja Designs. Both brackets fit very well and the quality is very high.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks like broncbuster has a clean and simple reinforcement available.
Ahh yes, I see he released them. He was speaking about these in one of his podcasts/youtube updates before he went to KOH.

I have the DV8 reinforcement mated with a Turn-off road carrier. VERY stout. With the two combined, my RIG has ZERO issues with the 37 on the back. Heck, I even banged it, and it rattled me more than it.

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? 1707506482867

Doubleajaybrock

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are they currently made? When are these expected to be US Made?

Not currently but a part of Turn Offroad's mission statement is to bring all of our manufacturing in house here in the USA.

As we grow and expand we are slowly beginning to bring production back to the US.
If you have any other questions please let us know!

Sponsored

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the Hammerbuilt and wish I had not. I plan to eventually switch it out for a Turn Offroad tailgate reinforcement.

1. Hammerbuilt’s customer service is suspect at best. They didn’t send me the bolts for the can mount accessory. They then tried unsuccessfully to mail them in a standard envelope (never made it) and did not respond to subsequent emails.
2. The strut that Hammerbuilt uses to stop their accessory mount from damaging your Bronco sucks. I removed it after a week of use and went back to the factor strut.
3. Turn Offroad’s mount replaces the hinge and is way beefier.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Hammerbuilt and wish I had not. I plan to eventually switch it out for a Turn Offroad tailgate reinforcement.

1. Hammerbuilt’s customer service is suspect at best. They didn’t send me the bolts for the can mount accessory. They then tried unsuccessfully to mail them in a standard envelope (never made it) and did not respond to subsequent emails.
2. The strut that Hammerbuilt uses to stop their accessory mount from damaging your Bronco sucks. I removed it after a week of use and went back to the factor strut.
3. Turn Offroad’s mount replaces the hinge and is way beefier.
I installed the @Turn Offroad tailgate and have nothing but great things to day about it! Very happy with my decision to pony up for it instead of a brace. I'm looking forward to them releasing accessories for it too. I was surprised it was relatively easy to install by myself. Just read the tips from others and you can do it. Well worth it

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That guy sure does think highly of himself. Asking as much for the hinges as most are asking for the entire brace, tire mount, and new hinges.
I understand as a small business owner it cost more to produce product than a larger competitor but it does seem like he adds a bit more to the cost than what is reasonable for the product. Other companies of similar size seem to be priced better for the market. TBH I have never met or dealt with Bronco buster but there is something I don't trust about him. Just a vibe I get. That's just my opinion and nothing against him.
Sponsored