Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been driving and fixing 20+ year old shitboxes for years now, and I'm excited that finally a modern vehicle comes along that actually catches my interest and actually seems worth the cost of admission, unlike so many others. I've saved a lot of money by driving those shitboxes, and it's time to treat myself, so I'm still super excited. The wait kinda sucks but it's okay. It forces me to really consider the purchase and be sure that it's what I want.
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gets heightened every day. This forum makes the anticipation worse. It’s been a long wait but it’s closer than ever.

ive come close on FJ’s and Tacoma TRD Pros. Like just about to sign at the dealership. Walked away because i knew this was two years away at the time. Its a Bronco, man. It’s iconic.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not in the least. Driving home from work in the wife’s staid midsize Mercedes SUV, all I do is dream of getting off the highway in my Bronco and heading towards Rainier. The Mountains are calling, and I must answer.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really, but I got new car fever like crazy and am always tempted

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been infatuated with Broncos, Blazers, Jimmys and Ramchargers since the 70's. I missed the boat financially to buy new on any of them and then the last "real deal" went away in 1996. I have two pristine but old vehicles and have decided this may be my last chance to get what I wanted all those years ago. I've been second-guessing myself lately post-reservation but then come back around and say "Hell yea this time it is for me!"

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, the fact that they haven't released the configurator has actually resulted in the opposite - the more I read, the more I have changed my mind to the Badlands... Without knowing full price, it'll be what I have my mind set on.

Also, the speculation and slow leaks are killing me - love reading people's thoughts on where things will be in the production model.. it's a blast and I can't stop visiting the forums.

Here's to hoping I can secure x-plan pricing and a bronco in June haha

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
It kind of makes me glad I can't get one for 10 or so months. By then I may realize my money will go further buying something else that has rebates, dealer incentives, x plan and lower interest financing.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess the initial excitement has died down. Most of us every day Bronco6G posters and lurkers are still exited about learning new things and seeing new pics of the truck daily. Once the online build opens up, you’ll see a lot more excitement come back.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, I'm still riding high on the hype train and driving my Wife absolutely crazy with each new bit of info I find. *laughs*

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
Yes.

I grew up as a Jeep guy. Had 78, 87, 90, 97, 98, 2005 Jeeps. I couldn’t find a classic 66-77 Bronco in my price range as a 16-year-old kid, so I went with a jeep, fell in love, had tons of fun and still like Jeeps. The classic Bronco is just design perfection in my eyes though.

Then I bought a Toyota. I LOVE my 4Runner just as much as Jeeps (even if it is underpowered). The reliability can’t be overstated in Toyota’s in my opinion. The rear window roll down and sunroof give me plenty of open air feel that I had in the Jeeps too. The classic Bronco will always be my dream vehicle, but I admit that as I grew older I wanted more luxury and creature comforts. So a new Bronco with classic styling and modern tech feels like a dream come true.

Except, I’ve got a family of 5 and a dog now, and the kids are getting into their teens. So I need space. My 4Runner is very similar in interior size as the new Bronco, so I’m worried I’m not even remotely solving my space issue.

I was dead set on the crew cab Tundra when they redesign in 2021/22, depending on looks and that new (rumored) twin turbo V6 with 400hp and 450ftlbs that gets high 20mpg. But then Ford knocks it out of the park with this Bronco. It really is my dream car, or very close to it, but I worry it just isn’t remotely practical for me and my family and I’m not buying a truck AND a Bronco. The Tundra makes more sense, but my heart wants a Bronco.
Sponsored