Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was ten when the original came along in '66. As a kid growing up in to a man I loved the first run that ended in 1977. It was a time of muscle cars to be sure and other great legends from Detroit like the Bronco!None of which I could afford. I bought a new 1990 but with kids and all the other stuff life throws in, it had to go way before its time. It could turn on its own axis, what was I thinking by selling it?! So having endured the Mustang II and Bronco II era, and if I can say the name without vomitting, Cadillac Cimmaron, ohh it almost came up (seriously Detroit???) I never thought that this day would come. It took Ford wayyy too long but at least this red, white and blue beast is going to be a reality. Thank you car Gods! So I am buying one and all the x-plan complaints, back seat dimensions are too small comments," it should have had this-it should have had that" snivelling is just white noise to me. I say buy the darn thing equipped as best you can, drive the heck out of it, love it and don't ever look back. When you are on your death bed, you won't say to youreslf, "Gee, I should not have not bought that 2021 Bronco....." Remember this is the country that brought you rock and roll. Buy it and drive it like you-and it-were born in the USA! These ARE the good old days!
Sponsored

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can you lose excitement when you now need to think what tire cover will look best on either your 2-Door or 4-Door Black Diamond/Badlands/WildTrack/Base possible Samsquatch whatever!
damn it man. Get out of my head. The whole day I have been thinking about who is gonna make an OEM looking wheel cover paint matched; and if it would be cool or too Mall Crawler. Maybe a canvas cover would be badass.

to the OP; everyday the excitement grows, take my money Ford! I literally already sold my off-road(LR4) car weeks ago the moment I placed my preorder not wanting to lose anymore value in it.

I am all in with this Bronco.

I can’t remember any car in recent history having this much excitement around it in the industry that would be mass produced and affordable.

Last edited:

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyday it gets closer regardless of the timeframe is like another check off the endless calendar with a smile....been waiting for this since the initial announcement years ago.

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was ten when the original came along in '66. As a kid growing up in to a man I loved the first run that ended in 1977. It was a time of muscle cars to be sure and other great legends from Detroit like the Bronco!None of which I could afford. I bought a new 1990 but with kids and all the other stuff life throws in, it had to go way before its time. It could turn on its own axis, what was I thinking by selling it?! So having endured the Mustang II and Bronco II era, and if I can say the name without vomitting, Cadillac Cimmaron, ohh it almost came up (seriously Detroit???) I never thought that this day would come. It took Ford wayyy too long but at least this red, white and blue beast is going to be a reality. Thank you car Gods! So I am buying one and all the x-plan complaints, back seat dimensions are too small comments," it should have had this-it should have had that" snivelling is just white noise to me. I say buy the darn thing equipped as best you can, drive the heck out of it, love it and don't ever look back. When you are on your death bed, you won't say to youreslf, "Gee, I should not have not bought that 2021 Bronco....." Remember this is the country that brought you rock and roll. Buy it and drive it like you-and it-were born in the USA! These ARE the good old days!
Amen

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really seems like it would be better for me to get a house first, I've wasted too many years renting. lol
Aw, man.. now your putting a guilt trip on me. I'm in the same renters boat. Home prices in the San Francisco Bay Area are crazy high!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
It's why I'm REALLY glad I have to wait 4 months between reserving and ordering. I expected to have emotional highs and lows about doing the exciting thing versus the financially sensible thing. If after 4 months I'm still excited about it, I don't think I'll have any buyer's remorse! I know that means it's worth it

It's also why I'm glad I have to wait a year for it because that means I have time to save up. And if I'm being patient and saving money, that's financially sensible, right?! It just so happens Ford is forcing my patience ?

Nope, I'm still riding high on the hype train and driving my Wife absolutely crazy with each new bit of info I find. *laughs*
But to answer your question, I'm with this guy ?? pretty sure my wife is about to set a daily time limit for how much I read/talk about the bronco ?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.

I grew up as a Jeep guy. Had 78, 87, 90, 97, 98, 2005 Jeeps. I couldn’t find a classic 66-77 Bronco in my price range as a 16-year-old kid, so I went with a jeep, fell in love, had tons of fun and still like Jeeps. The classic Bronco is just design perfection in my eyes though.

Then I bought a Toyota. I LOVE my 4Runner just as much as Jeeps (even if it is underpowered). The reliability can’t be overstated in Toyota’s in my opinion. The rear window roll down and sunroof give me plenty of open air feel that I had in the Jeeps too. The classic Bronco will always be my dream vehicle, but I admit that as I grew older I wanted more luxury and creature comforts. So a new Bronco with classic styling and modern tech feels like a dream come true.

Except, I’ve got a family of 5 and a dog now, and the kids are getting into their teens. So I need space. My 4Runner is very similar in interior size as the new Bronco, so I’m worried I’m not even remotely solving my space issue.

I was dead set on the crew cab Tundra when they redesign in 2021/22, depending on looks and that new (rumored) twin turbo V6 with 400hp and 450ftlbs that gets high 20mpg. But then Ford knocks it out of the park with this Bronco. It really is my dream car, or very close to it, but I worry it just isn’t remotely practical for me and my family and I’m not buying a truck AND a Bronco. The Tundra makes more sense, but my heart wants a Bronco.
I have a 2008 Fj cruiser and decided to buy a tundra when my Chevy Silverado got totaled. 2017 trd pro. Beautiful truck but it wasn’t a fully boxed frame and when taking it off road or just going up my curb it would constantly creek from the frame tweaking and skid plates moving. I am sure they are reliable but I can’t stand the noises. I won’t own another vehicle without a full frame again.

I am not hyped up on the bronco Anymore but I can’t wait to order ours.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said! I 2nd the motion... All in favor? ???!

Sponsored

Grave Digger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grave Digger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expensive is a relative term. I do guarantee that many who spent $100 to reserve will pull out but Ford is smart as they make you think you already own a piece of her, and it has sucked many into visiting the forums daily to salivate, myself included as there has been steady news/vids here.
As one said above, you only live once. Only thing is I wish is if they had gone "balls to the wall" with power options (especially spinning 35's). Imagine a Bronco with a 3.5 ecoboost. That 5 star tuning video was an eye opener to me. Turbos are where it's at--very efficient until you buy the pedal. I have a 2.0L '12 Golf R that with a tune, and some exhaust mods puts down 375HP-I smoke V8 camaros, etc regularly. A simple re-flash (no wrenches turned) will yield 20-30% power on these motors. We have to beg them to include a Ford Powersports warrantied tune that we can run until warranty expires then head to the tuning shops and go balls to the wall.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a new car slut and "lose" lots of money via depreciation.
Same, although new car for me is just a new car, not off the line or showroom fresh new

That car sitting on the guys yard or the car lot works for me xD

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recall there was a similar thread to this a week after the reveal. And my answer hasn't changed - still hyped for it. Obviously we still don't have all the answers, but I'm patiently waiting for them because even if we knew all the answers, we wouldn't get the vehicle any faster. We've been waiting YEARS for this vehicle to come out, why would I lose interest now?

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but I find myself wondering how I could spend $50k on a new Bronco when I could get a mid-engine Corvette for $20k more. So yes, the hype is dwindling for me.
I was looking at them myself. Still want the Bronco though but really tempting. So much performance in that new vette.