Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember hearing/reading something about a bronco concept car in 2015. My excitement was bottled for 5 years. Now it's out. Wife has given me permission to buy (she didnt know I reserved). Oh, she's coming and I have roatrips planned for her.

So, if you're not excited, go ahead and purchase your Camry. As for me, I'll keep compulsively searching the internet for every little morsel of information out there.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m still excited. Just wish they’d release prices so I can realize I can’t afford what I want.
I have a feeling this will be the big downer for everyone. We're all dreaming of adding the Packages and building a dream Bronco. But once the pricing is released I think a lot of dreams will be crushed and the excitement will be over. I hope I'm wrong.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At this point the only thing stopping me from ordering in December is if I'm six feet under dirt.
Only you can decide if your finacial situation will allow you to comfortably buy one.
IMO it's going to be a great 4x4, but I sure wouldn't put my house in jeoperdy to buy one. The nice thing is you have 4 months to decide or 4 months of playing the Lottery, ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but I find myself wondering how I could spend $50k on a new Bronco when I could get a mid-engine Corvette for $20k more. So yes, the hype is dwindling for me.
Don't take this the wrong way, I've owned plenty of Corvettes over the years and think the new mid-engine is awesome. But if the Corvette and Bronco were identicaly priced, I'd still be buying the Bronco. I guess it just fits my life style a whole lot better these days.

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
VERY excited to see broncos on the trails again!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
I am with you to some extent. Its easy (and fun) to think with emotion and dream. I am actually a little surprised the marketing folks haven't done more to keep things going. They have a captive audience who have plopped down money, seems like they would have engaged us at this point. Costs nothing to send an email.
In the end, that logical side of the brain has to prevail. Hopefully things work out for most of the dreamers and they get both what they want and what they need.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand what you are saying, but I am still all in. I've got two boys that are excited about cars like I was when I was a kid thanks to this release. Thanks to a little print work, they see it everyday in my home office.
E0B1C721-14DF-43AB-A1E6-6C4100E457CA.jpeg
I have the same laptop stand at home.
what brand is the desk?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but I find myself wondering how I could spend $50k on a new Bronco when I could get a mid-engine Corvette for $20k more. So yes, the hype is dwindling for me.
Or a Tremor 7.3 for 10k more.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am over the hype. I put a reservation in right away to get my foot in the door. I have to part with 2 really nice vehicles to get the Bronco- and even maybe all 3 of mine. Which might be good and might be bad. The problem is I love all 3 of them and it will be hard to give 2 of them up, never mind 3. I have plenty of time to think on it before I fully commit. It might change when/if I actually see on one person.

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still hyped , just wish that build configurator would be released so we can build and see what the costs are .

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am over the hype. I put a reservation in right away to get my foot in the door. I have to part with 2 really nice vehicles to get the Bronco- and even maybe all 3 of mine. Which might be good and might be bad. The problem is I love all 3 of them and it will be hard to give 2 of them up, never mind 3. I have plenty of time to think on it before I fully commit. It might change when/if I actually see on one person.
What are those vehicles? I’m planning on selling my mustang to Carvana this week to start saving for the Bronco.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The possibility of waiting til 2022 is a drag and not sure if I will wait that long or not.
Once the build and price goes live I think it will rejuvenate me or maybe not.
I have a budget I want to stick by and if I can’t get the things I want because the options are priced too high I will walk.
Broncos are awesome, but I won’t break the bank for it...

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are those vehicles? I’m planning on selling my mustang to Carvana this week to start saving for the Bronco.
Same here. I have a Challenger Hellcat I’ll have to sell to get the Bronco and I’m trying to decide whether or not to just commit now and save in the interim but I do love that car...

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
Got over my reserved FE when it was confirmed the tow rating was the same across all models, trims with either 2.3 EB or 2.7 V6 EB at 3500 lbs. and the tow package was a bigger ball with 7 pin connector.
Sponsored