Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been here since 2017 when they announced they were bringing it back. I was technically a day 2 res because the damn website was not allowing me in day 1. I ordered right away when I could and I also am #1 on the list at my dealership for allocation (and was also told I'd be guaranteed a 2021 model because of this reason). I have basically all the major sin packages and check my inbox every 27 seconds for any updates and I get nothing. If I get held over to 22 MY I will probably change my color but that's about it. Here for the long haul. No matter how much I die inside.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was getting too hyped. Decided the best course of action was to get something to hold me over.

Im a very, VERY early reservation. However, my build (4 door Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, MIC, Brush guard) hasn't been and won't be picked by Ford for a while due to the constraints. I decided to go out and buy a Ford Ranger Tremor to build up in the meantime. We've been waiting 10ish months at this point, and Im guessing at least another 6 to go.

The good news is the resell value of trucks will be astronomically good for the foreseeable future (chip shortage wont be solved until mid 22 at the earliest per Ford reps).

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a 4Runner and the vehicle has been flawless. If Toyota is paying attention to the Bronco it would behove Toyota to mimic the Lux package of the Bronco and then add Lockers and Sway Bar disconnect I think they'd create all sorts of problems for the Bronco. I'm still all in on the Bronco reservation within the first 6 hours...just hope I don't get forced to make a decision. Also I've owned several Jeep's over the years...you just never know what could happen...if this drags on....

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. A '22 affords me the opportunity to see a boat load of actual mainstream reviews; a test drive or two on my part, not just sitting in one once for a few minutes; determine if the first year run has bugs that need to be remedied; availability of Heritage Edition, white top, actual green, etc.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the wrong kind of encouragement.
I agree. Honestly, anyone who has an earlier reservation and is waivering, on the fence, unsure, or whatever at this point would do good to cancel their order for now and just wait it out until they feel confident in whatever they're getting. This is an expensive thing to be unsure about. Let those of us who are 100% sure, no matter what, get ours a little bit sooner and test them out for the unsure people

Last edited:

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Honestly, anyone who's waivering, on the fence, unsure, or whatever would do good to cancel their order for now and just wait it out until they feel confident in whatever they're getting. This is an expensive thing to be unsure about. Let those of us who are 100% sure, no matter what, get ours a little bit sooner and test them out for the unsure people
And, more importantly, shit or get off the pot. Make a decision; stop waffling; and stop posting about their indecisiveness...or, at least, confine these post to a master "I can't decide shit, without the entire community chiming in on my decision" thread.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reserved in October and want the mansquatch so I have always been a MY22. That being said I can not put myself in the headspace of being bounced around on build dates or actual delays....YET! But I am in it to the end and will wait it out.

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke to a guy today that is looking at cancelling his order, because he's forced with a decision to make. He has a lease on a vehicle that is coming due in six months. He hoped to have his Bronco before the lease ended, and said he could even see going a month with a rental, if needed. However, not knowing when he will get his order, the probability that it goes to a MY22 pushing a spring delivery, aggregate the factors of not knowing what the economy will be like, interest rates, etc, he feels he needs to cancel and buy another (gasp) Jeep now.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this point I just don't know. I've been in since 2018, and was positive I would get that new Bronco. Then the shit show started. I know much of it isn't Fords fault, but some of it was caused by Fords mis-steps. Then came the mpgs that kind of set me back at bit. I knew the Bronco wouldn't be a gas sipper, but I was hoping a standard OBX would come in with at a couple more mpgs. We use our Jeep as a long road trip vehicle along with hitting the back roads along the way, and with it averaging 24-25 mpgs it has me spoiled. I've always had a plan "B", but I'm not putting it into action until I see some real world mpg stats. I'm keeping my fingers that real world figure will come in a couple more mpgs on the highway. Oh, and did I mention I just don't know yet? :)

I knew (thought) all along mine would be a '22 model. But, who the hell knows now with all the crap that keeps popping up.

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hanging around. Nothing else out there peaks my interest except for the defender w/ the v6, but I don't really feel like spending $25-30k more
I was thinking about that at first but I have seen so many horrible reviews on the car. Not to mention the maintenance costs

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, but it crossed my mind that maybe I should switch to the softtop.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I gave up and bought an Aviator. The planets were all in alignment and it was so easy, I had to do it. There was a $1k incentive, a $2k private cash offer. My Edge was worth way over the payoff. My sales manager got me 2.87% for 72 months and I had $10k down payment. As a small bonus, my plates were up that week, so saved $600 there as well. The Aviator is really nice, but I'm sure I'd have enjoyed the Bronco. I think I knew once I couldn't get the painted top, I was likely to buy something else.
Sponsored