Sponsored

Anybody place a deposit yet? (other than me?)

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We already have a deposit at a dealership for a new Bronco. We have had a deposit down for more than year. No I am not kidding. We did the same thing with the FJ Cruiser. We have a first day delivery FJ Cruiser. It took me a long time to find a dealer that would take my deposit and I didn't want to agree to anything over MSRP. Just like the Raptors, I expect them to be in high demand for a few years. I don't care what it costs... I have some ideas of what I want. I have been lurking here since the forum started, but its not getting real with Bronco R "Race"

2.7L or 3.0 Twin turbo
10spd
Raptor version
Rear locker/front limited slip
4dr
285/70/17 tires (ala Rubicon)
Factory steel bumpers from ARB
Maybe a factory lift kit like the Ranger...

Yes I already am accumulating accessories likes winch/lights...

We have been waiting for YEARS for this thing... BRING IT ON.
Sponsored

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
No. I know the deposits are refundable, but there's no way I'd waste the time putting a deposit down when 1. Idk what the final version even looks like and 2. I have no idea even what the MSRP will be.

I'm gonna wait for more info and I may even wait til this first initial push dies out so I dont have to worry about potential stupid high dealer markups.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, I have a deposit on the Mach E which is my fallback if the Bronco disappoints. Does that count?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We already have a deposit at a dealership for a new Bronco. We have had a deposit down for more than year. No I am not kidding. We did the same thing with the FJ Cruiser. We have a first day delivery FJ Cruiser. It took me a long time to find a dealer that would take my deposit and I didn't want to agree to anything over MSRP. Just like the Raptors, I expect them to be in high demand for a few years. I don't care what it costs... I have some ideas of what I want. I have been lurking here since the forum started, but its not getting real with Bronco R "Race"

2.7L or 3.0 Twin turbo
10spd
Raptor version
4dr

What if they don't produce a "Raptor Version" the first year of production? Then what will you do?

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see at least three things that probably won't be on that wish list

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No deposit here but have the second dealer allocation locked up for order of my choosing. There will be plenty to be had, it's not a Ford performance raptor that is semi limited. Now if/when a Raptor version comes out that may be a little difficult to get early on.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Based on Crispy's comments he might know what the next Bronco will look like? I have a feeling it will be Fords version of the Wrangler but what do I know. I wish they would release the actual model of what it will look like. I hate being less than a year away from production and having no idea what the actual product will look like.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
i plan on purchase when i see one, as long as it fits my needs. if not i will go to something else,

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Based on Crispy's comments he might know what the next Bronco will look like? I have a feeling it will be Fords version of the Wrangler but what do I know. I wish they would release the actual model of what it will look like. I hate being less than a year away from production and having no idea what the actual product will look like.
Pretty confident on some of those details... from my pestering of people in the know. The 3.0 is probably out of the question...

I can say without a doubt they will be selling at MSRP plus some for awhile (look at the Raptor that is not even on X plan). Try ordering a new C8 Corvette and see where you are in the queue. I can also confidently say that if it is AWEFUL, I will probably be able to sell it easily.

I have enough faith/belief that it will be close enough to what I want... and I want it ASAP. The Bronco has more anticipation the Gladiator ever did. Have you found dealers significantly discounting Rubicon Gladiators.

Its a want not a need. I am surprised that with all the posts/interest and build up here that more people are not on board.. Its a personal decision for me and my wife. Didn't expect the harsh responses, but I asked the question.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base

2.7L or 3.0 Twin turbo
10spd
Raptor version
4dr

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
You sound pretty pumped.. your in the right place!
I don’t think anybody actually has a deposit yet because it hasn’t even been revealed. I’m sure a deposit can’t hurt if you gotta have that spot in front of the line and have good experiences with doing that in the past..
I’m waiting to see it and study what options are available before I drop a deposit and really hope we can at least see some real mules soon. Would make a nice Christmas gift if Ford would throw us a bone and put some mules out there by then.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
You sound pretty pumped.. your in the right place!
I don’t think anybody actually has a deposit yet because it hasn’t even been revealed. I’m sure a deposit can’t hurt if you gotta have that spot in front of the line and have good experiences with doing that in the past..
I’m waiting to see it and study what options are available before I drop a deposit and really hope we can at least see some real mules soon. Would make a nice Christmas gift if Ford would throw us a bone and put some mules out there by then.
We did it with the FJ Cruiser as well. Only slightly different than a Mach E or Cybertruck in my mind. Haven't bought a new car since 2006 (March of 2006 is when we took delivery of the 2007 FJ Cruiser, that I still have at 140k miles)

Yes we are taking a chance... But as with the FJ, Gladiator, and the C8, demand is going to high, supply will be tight and my wife and I don't want to wait. From my conversations- The Bronco R Race edition says a lot... The aesthetics are pretty close to concept, the 2.3L I think we can say is a given, possibly the 2.7L. ARB developing bumpers for the Ranger cements the idea that there will be a Bronco front winch bumper and the test mule with 285s seems to confirm the tire size... Do I want a Raptor version, sure... Is Ford going to do everything right away hopefully- But I cannot see them avoiding matching the ZR2 and Rubicon specs... Almost definitely not the SFA... but everything else, why wouldn't they?

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty confident on some of those details... from my pestering of people in the know. The 3.0 is probably out of the question...

I can say without a doubt they will be selling at MSRP plus some for awhile (look at the Raptor that is not even on X plan). Try ordering a new C8 Corvette and see where you are in the queue. I can also confidently say that if it is AWEFUL, I will probably be able to sell it easily.

I have enough faith/belief that it will be close enough to what I want... and I want it ASAP. The Bronco has more anticipation the Gladiator ever did. Have you found dealers significantly discounting Rubicon Gladiators.

Its a want not a need. I am surprised that with all the posts/interest and build up here that more people are not on board.. Its a personal decision for me and my wife. Didn't expect the harsh responses, but I asked the question.
While the responses may sound harsh, look at them from the perspective of many of the members here - skeptics, hard-core wheelers, enthusiasts, and a few people with information unavailable to the general public. This has been so long coming, it needs to be nearly perfect for the faithful - and that hasn't been proven yet. Quite to the contrary; a near-total information blackout and a DNF for the Bronco R at Baja lends to a wavering of faith. All we really know is 2 and 4 door, not wimpy, some retro design cues, and modern technology. That isn't enough to base a 14-month hence purchase commitment on for a lot of people, especially given the level of general cynicism with auto manufacturers of late. I'm fervently hoping that Ford will knock it out of the park, they're certainly capable of it - but I'm bracing myself for disappointment should it fall short of my personal hopes and expectations.

Sure, some dealers will try to make their entire annual profit column on the first few Broncos off their floors. Others will sell them at MSRP, and yet others will make more consumer-friendly deals. A lot of people aren't in the position you are, to spend full MSRP because it's something they passionately desire. Just not financially feasible for some. Many will wait until the market stabilizes, production and inventory ramps up, and purchase prices level out. Others will delay the purchase for at least a model year due to inaugural production/design quality concerns. Don't forget, the aftermarket will not be there the first day, so for those wishing to have a very custom rig in the second or third week of ownership, it will be a wait for some of the less universal add-ons.

Just different opinions and purchase strategies. My guess is we'll all be envious and impatient for your first pictures, mods and upgrades, and most importantly, first trail report!
Sponsored