Sponsored

Anyone else having adaptive cruise control issues?

OSU Sig

Outer Banks
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm having issues with my adaptive cruise control. basically it shuts off while I'm at cursing speed for no apparent reason. I've had it back to the dealership numerous times since I took delivery last October but they can't find out what's causing it. they checked all the sensors, radars, hell they even replaced the windshield last week. I'm able to use the conventional cruise control but when you pay for something, you want to be able to use it. It goes back into the shop Thursday.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto or manual?

I don't have it on this vehicle, but I did read that on the manual it will only slow down so much for traffic then just completely disengage if it slows down too much, given that it can't shift.

OP
OP

OSU Sig

Outer Banks
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I'm aware of how that functions but this happens at highway speeds with no vehicle in front of me.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the Lux just to get the ACC, I really hope this isn't an issue....

OP
OP

OSU Sig

Outer Banks
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And that is why I also ordered the Lux package. I wanted the ACC as I have used it on other Ford products and I know it works well.

Sponsored

section525

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve never had a vehicle with ACC before and I really had zero interest in it.

Then I got mine and holy. How have I lived without this??

Anyway, mine works amazing in my Wildtrak. No issues ever.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the Lux just to get the ACC, I really hope this isn't an issue....
FWIW, in my 2021 Bronco, my ACC has been super reliable... I have 22k miles and use it every week for my weekly roundtrip from Corpus Christi to San Angelo (750+ miles).

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having issues with my adaptive cruise control. basically it shuts off while I'm at cursing speed for no apparent reason. I've had it back to the dealership numerous times since I took delivery last October but they can't find out what's causing it. they checked all the sensors, radars, hell they even replaced the windshield last week. I'm able to use the conventional cruise control but when you pay for something, you want to be able to use it. It goes back into the shop Thursday.
Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues - out of curiosity any chance you're tapping the brake pedal when it's on?

I've been using mine quite often (2200 miles now) and it has worked fine for me. 3/14 build date.

OP
OP

OSU Sig

Outer Banks
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, I have ACC on my Super Duty and understand it pretty well.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine works 99% well. I find that if I am holding the wheel in a certain position (hands on wheel at 3 and 9) it will flash the warning message about holding the wheel. I move my hands on the wheel and it clears the warning.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine had no issues. Limited mileage (1200 miles) but worked fine when I could use it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine works 99% well. I find that if I am holding the wheel in a certain position (hands on wheel at 3 and 9) it will flash the warning message about holding the wheel. I move my hands on the wheel and it clears the warning.
We don't have ACC and ours flashes this constantly somedays, somedays never lol.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No major issues with ACC on mine.... with some exceptions. If I compare it to my 2020 Expedition, it's not nearly as adaptive.

In the Expedition, it will accelerate AND brake to maintain speed. and when approaching stopped traffic, it will stop and will remain stopped until you press the Resume button on the steering wheel.

In the Bronco, it appears to coast downhill instead of auto-braking to maintain the set speed. I have noticed that it will also auto-cancel at approximately 5mph approaching stopped traffic at a red light and if you're not paying attention you could rear-end the vehicle in front of you.

I was definitely not expecting that coming from the Expedition. I am not sure why they would change these behaviors from one model to the next.

FL-23Braptor

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?

I've had issues with ACC no working since the first week. 6 months and 3 trips to ford. New camera, new windshield. It seems most common to stop working when I'm over 70mph. Back to the shop Monday so they can try again and fix it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?

I've had issues with ACC no working since the first week. 6 months and 3 trips to ford. New camera, new windshield. It seems most common to stop working when I'm over 70mph. Back to the shop Monday so they can try again and fix it.
Has it been properly aimed and adjusted by a competent tech... Also, what modifications/options that could interfere with your radar are there?

Something as simple as a front license plate can potentially play havoc with the system.
Sponsored