Sponsored

Anyone have a wiring diagram for B&O sound system?

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's open cell foam, and max fording depth is like 6-7" higher than the footwell of the Bronco, even on 35s. Anyone who goes anywhere near fording depth is going to have to deal with a soggy, squishy floor. It sucks up water like a sponge.
Did the water get to the flooring through the drains?

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quicksand is actually quite common anywhere you have sandy surfaces near springs or other water sources that allow water to rise (like near the coast when tide comes in). Florida and the Carolinas are where I've experienced it the most, but its also common in AZ, UT, NM and the like anytime you are near natural springs.

My mistake was walking the water crossing for the inbound leg of the trip and thinking it was safe a few hours later when doing the outbound leg of the trip. Nope. Water flow had slowed down allowing quicksand to form. Oh well.

It's not like the movies.. In real life, its just soupy sand you just can't get out of. The more you dig, the more you sink. Luckily, the Bronco was sitting on the skids/frame and couldn't sink any further, but a 10,000lb winch was useless and it took a F250 about 5 hours to pull me free. Fun fun.

I'll do a big post with photos once I get things all back together with the Bronco. Stripped it down to the tub on the inside to dry everything out properly. That Badlands washout flooring is a joke, BTW. Gonna toss it in the trash and just do bed liner at some point.
Wow 10k winch could not break the suction>
Did you try doubling the line?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Theherofails Glad to see you and the Bronco are okay! When I first saw this posted by you I was hoping you were writing up a detailed analysis of a crazy aftermarket speaker replacement of the B&O. I've seen your other posts and appreciate your detailed writeups. Maybe down the road?

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the water get to the flooring through the drains?
It comes in right over the doorframe and in through the active and passive drain plugs long before you hit max fording depth.

Sasquatch tires are a true 34.5", so only 1" taller than fording depth.. so everything below the top of your tires will be completely submerged, essentially. That's about 7" taller than the footwell opening you step into, which is 27" or so on Sasquatch. Put another way, its where the seat adjustments are on the vinyl seats.

The doors don't seal very well, either. Water will come in right under the doors. Don't count on them to hold back the flood.

Because of that, the wash out flooring just sucks up the water. It's drying nicely but it's taken a few days without a roof/doors to get it that way. Still a bit soggy.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It comes in right over the doorframe and in through the active and passive drain plugs long before you hit max fording depth.

Sasquatch tires are a true 34.5", so only 1" taller than fording depth.. so everything below the top of your tires will be completely submerged, essentially. That's about 7" taller than the footwell opening you step into, which is 27" or so on Sasquatch. Put another way, its where the seat adjustments are on the vinyl seats.

The doors don't seal very well, either. Water will come in right under the doors. Don't count on them to hold back the flood.

Because of that, the wash out flooring just sucks up the water. It's drying nicely but it's taken a few days without a roof/doors to get it that way. Still a bit soggy.
All makes sense - I would have guessed the doors sealed better, but nothing seals well when you find yourself stuck in the muck.

Tsdragon

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O and just got a separate amp to power a new sub. Only wire I need to know is the remote. Which wire is it so I can tap into it?
Sponsored