Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey there, I’ve been researching suspension and came across Bilstiens 6112 coil overs for the Bronco. Now I’ve seen the 6100 shocks they’ve offered and a few reviews but I haven’t seen anything posted about the 6112 which according to their website come with specific springs. It claims extended travel but doesn’t give travel numbers or specify if it’s extended travel over Fords base suspension or Sasquatch suspension. Does anyone have these or can someone with direct knowledge shed some light for me please?
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the Bilstein 5100 to SAs to 6112 are the same length.
Good to know. So what you gain is diameter & remote reservoir. Sounds like better performance for you higher speed guys but you'll give up the position valving over SAS.

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know. So what you gain is diameter & remote reservoir. Sounds like better performance for you higher speed guys but you'll give up the position valving over SAS.
With the digressive valving I'm not sure most people will like the ride of Bilstein's 6100/6112 over the sas suspension. My 5100s feel the road more than SAS Suspension and can only speculate the 6100 are more aggressive.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
6112s don't have remote reservoirs.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With the digressive valving I'm not sure most people will like the ride of Bilstein's 6100/6112 over the sas suspension. My 5100s feel the road more than SAS Suspension and can only speculate the 6100 are more aggressive.
I prefer the 6112s to stock SAS... I haven't been driving the Bronco much after putting them (Maybe 50 miles?) but my initial reaction is they are better on the road than SAS. I need to go hit some bumps at 30mph to see what happens. I think I also benefited from a bit more preload by by using the higher cir clip rings.

Photos and measurements to come. I had a bit of whoopsie spell, slipped in my driveway and then a few days later closed my hand in the door.. and then got the flu... Been a bit miserable.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6112s don't have remote reservoirs.
Right you are. Thought they did
anon.gif

I know the 8112's that I've been waiting for do, but might re think this for me because I'm liking my current setup & can save a good bit of coin :unsure:

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right you are. Thought they did
Ford Bronco Anyone install 6112 coil overs? anon

I know the 8112's that I've been waiting for do, but might re think this for me because I'm liking my current setup & can save a good bit of coin :unsure:
I believe the 8112's have position sensitive valving on compression and rebound, so they would be worth waiting for (if they are indeed coming to the platform).

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the 8112's have position sensitive valving on compression and rebound, so they would be worth waiting for (if they are indeed coming to the platform).
Yep, I have been hoping they will. I think I'll still wait until these shocks & springs are done. The perch collars really improved the SAS shocks. I might just pick up a set of low mileage take offs at that time. I don't see myself overheating them (not a high speed guy) & cost to Wow factor for probably another 1" of travel max :cool:

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And dual speed compression adjustment and an adjuster for the compression jounce stop. Pretty sure they will be highest performing option you can buy when they come out next year. I will say though, the 6100/6112 is better everywhere than the stock Sas. They have much better small bump sensitivity, more bottom-out support, the rebound is slower, and are much more consistent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And dual speed compression adjustment and an adjuster for the compression jounce stop. Pretty sure they will be highest performing option you can buy when they come out next year. I will say though, the 6100/6112 is better everywhere than the stock Sas. They have much better small bump sensitivity, more bottom-out support, the rebound is slower, and are much more consistent.
Thanks for the info!

They claim everywhere they are sold to have more wheel travel… I’m more looking for something to tide me over till full coil over suspension is in budget but don’t want to compromise entirely either. No one seems to have the numbers to back up the wheel travel claim though.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info!

They claim everywhere they are sold to have more wheel travel… I’m more looking for something to tide me over till full coil over suspension is in budget but don’t want to compromise entirely either. No one seems to have the numbers to back up the wheel travel claim though.
Say less. Obviously, it is hard to get an accurate measurement but I am confident these are pretty close.
ESCV FRONT:
Collapsed Length (IN) ~ 16.6"
Extended Length (IN) ~ 22.4"

ESCV Rear:

Collapsed Length (IN) ~ 17.1"
Extended Length (IN) ~ 25.3"

I don't know the exact motion ratios, but I would presume you gain less than half an inch of wheel travel in the front and probably around 0.35" more travel in the rear. If you were looking for something to carry you over with more travel, I would consider the Icon 2.5 EXPs. I do not have exact wheel travel numbers, but there was about 10.5-10.75" of the distance between my 37" tire and the fender at full droop in the front and about 12-12.5" in the rear, and they definitely hit the fender at full bump, so I am 10000% certain they cycle more travel. If you want a bit more lift, I think you can also get away with using the Eibach Pro Lift springs for Sasquatch-equipped model
Ford Bronco Anyone install 6112 coil overs? 6100FRONT.JPG
Ford Bronco Anyone install 6112 coil overs? 6100REAR.JPG
Sponsored