Sponsored

Anyone receive dealer call on switching to MIC Gray from Black Mod Top?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone received a call from their dealer notifing them the Black Mod hardtop isn't available and MIC Hardtop is only choice. Still waiting on my call.
Ford Bronco Anyone receive dealer call on switching to MIC Gray from Black Mod Top? Screenshot_20210327-035919_Chrome
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reach out to your dealer. Don't let your hopes and dreams be crushed by an asinine salesperson.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an e-mail from Ford about the delay/switch option and my dealer sent out an e-mail as well, though I think more because they had problems receiving e-mails for a couple of days. But it explained what to do by when (April 8). I've only talked to the sales guy one time though, he called when I converted my res to an order, never been to their lot or office, order was converted by e-mail and I won't have to walk in there until my Bronco arrives. I will be going there the first time on the 21st, when they have one or two Broncos for a day to oogle at, if it wasn't for that I'd not see them until I pick it up. They did not want any extra down payment and will honor x plan even if Ford doesn't. So far I'm happy with them, minimal interaction and everything is rolling along nicely. I hope that continues, as I plan to service my rig there for at least the first couple of years.

Did you not get the official e-mail from Ford? I think that's the line of communication for this, so make sure you get order updates in your inbox and they don't get filtered out as spam.

I switched from dual top to MIC only, actually makes my life easier as I wasn't sure where to store one or the other top. This way I can just wait and see what the aftermarket brings, I'deally I'd want a large sunrider that opens over both rows of seats and the rear shell can stay on the rig.

Edit to add: I emailed my changes to my sales guy, also told him to make sure the now free headliners are included, all worked out great, got my revised order sheet also via e-mail.

Last edited:

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealerships in general seem to be miserably failing in every regard with this release. It's embarrassing how horrible some of them have been.
That is very true. I was the one that told my salesperson of the delay in painted tops. His original response to my request to change to MIC top was that he didn’t think t changes could be made after 3/19.

I sent him the email I received from Ford to clarify the situation.
Dealers really are clueless with this launch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That is very true. I was the one that told my salesperson of the delay in painted tops. His original response to my request to change to MIC top was that he didn’t think t changes could be made after 3/19.

I sent him the email I received from Ford to clarify the situation.
Dealers really are clueless with this launch.
I'm sure I'll be going through the same thing when I call my dealer. When I put my order in I had to walk him through some of the process. The manager had to keep calling his rep to verify what I telling him to be correct. Crying shame how clueless some of them are.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received an email a couple days ago from Granger. I respectfully declined. I wants my Bronco like I wants it.....:)

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Received an email a couple days ago from Granger. I respectfully declined. I wants my Bronco like I wants it.....:)
I wish I had that ability. I either take the MIC with the FE or I don't take an FE. No option to delay for a part that was supposed to be standard on this particular trim level. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but really Ford, you can't come up with appx 7000 mod tops by December to create MY21 FE's?

/rant off

On a positive note, Granger is fantastic to work with !

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish I had that ability. I either take the MIC with the FE or I don't take an FE. No option to delay for a part that was supposed to be standard on this particular trim level. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but really Ford, you can't come up with appx 7000 mod tops by December to create MY21 FE's?

/rant off

On a positive note, Granger is fantastic to work with !
It should be less than 7000. There was a quote from someone Ford saying if first edition orders cancel their order they won’t build them.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got one from my dealer. He also laid out the allocation. I’m like #120 at the dealership, which is 50 units outside of their MY21 allocation. He was pretty open that he didn’t think the change to a mic would get me into a MY21 but felt pretty confident that I would get a 22 in a reasonable timeframe so I left the order as is (OBX, dual mod top, 2.7, Lux). Figured I might as well get what I want since I’m currently building a garage and it won’t be completed for at least another six months anyway. Kind of hard to imagine how many of these things are going to be on the road though. I’m guessing there will be close to 500 MY21 in my city before my order even comes up. I’m thinking this is the next generations minivan in that every family will have one.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the call, but Ford plz -- what is this Jelly-of-the-Month "Off-Rodeo Voucher" nonsense?

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got an email from Granger on Monday. Sent an email to @Zach@Granger, he answered my questions and had my 2 FE orders updated with a new build sheet in minutes.

Modified my orders to the MIC top since I want an FE. Not happy about having to go with the MIC, but at least I will get mine in 21MY. Guess I will see what top options are available later and make a decision if I want to change.

Ford Bronco Anyone receive dealer call on switching to MIC Gray from Black Mod Top? 2 door

Ford Bronco Anyone receive dealer call on switching to MIC Gray from Black Mod Top? 4 door

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Called my Dealer yesterday....he said mod tops are only available on my22. If ford won't sell us wildtrak buyers a mod top(like we were supposed to get) for the same price on the b/p......or at least cheaper than we can buy aftermarket.....then I'll have to go aftermarket. They should accommodate the ones of us that ordered WT/FE partly because the mod top was "included " when we ordered. Just my two cents

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got an email from Granger on Monday. Sent an email to @Zach@Granger, he answered my questions and had my 2 FE orders updated with a new build sheet in minutes.

Modified my orders to the MIC top since I want an FE. Not happy about having to go with the MIC, but at least I will get mine in 21MY. Guess I will see what top options are available later and make a decision if I want to change.

Ford Bronco Anyone receive dealer call on switching to MIC Gray from Black Mod Top? 4 door

For me, the only reason to keep the FE is to be secured in getting a MY21 with all of the constrained items . I haven't decided yet, but Granger has been great and I will let them know before 04/08. If I choose a comparably loaded BL who knows when in MY22 it will actually arrive. The MIC will look good in the garage I guess.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got one from my dealer. He also laid out the allocation. I’m like #120 at the dealership, which is 50 units outside of their MY21 allocation. He was pretty open that he didn’t think the change to a mic would get me into a MY21 but felt pretty confident that I would get a 22 in a reasonable timeframe so I left the order as is (OBX, dual mod top, 2.7, Lux).....
So, your dealer has a crystal ball then?? I agree since you are so far out for the 21MY you might as well save the trouble. However, it is possible to change your top choice now and then change it back in May if you did not make the cut. This way you have a chance, if you do not then you did not even buy a lottery ticket.
Sponsored