Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im a big fan of the mod bumper from the beginning and i was pretty bummed that its not longer the standard on the BL. I love the look, and the after market lights available. The diode dynamics fog pockets are $770, and im waiting to see what the SS5 light bar for the bumper will be. Rough Country also has an awesome looking winch mount but it only works for the 2.3L. Hoping they figure the same out for the 2.7
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I am not going to spend $800-$1000 for lights for it. I wonder why it even has openings if the factory basic fog lamps ofvordered through parts would not fit. I have to measure but I have found purely rectangular lights for less than $50/pair. A piece of tin or black plastic to fill the gap and I may be in business.

Any front winch is apparently verboten with OBX-Lux due to blocking of sensors and cameras. Using the tow hook holes and skid Plat mounting holes I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards
ARB has a relocation spot for the ACC sensor, I’m just not sure what it does with the trail cam. They relocate all the parking sensors to the new bumper too, so it should maintain all the functionality

OP
OP
Lambert87

Lambert87

Base
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 f250, 71 Super beetle, 05 F150, 22 bronco sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
The mod bumper is really good for the price. Aftermarket steel bumpers are all gonna be in the $1000+ range. The aftermarket is coming with a lot of cool add ons, once more broncos are out for the aftermarket to get their hands on more stuff will be designed for it.

If you want to do your own led pod lights on that bumper just buy this bracket.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915776-2021-...-similar-style-led-pod-lights-pn-z325401.html
I had not seen the brackets separate yet! Keep in mind, I love to fabricate, build and design, so I also plan on possibly making my own design, but awesome something affordable is out there...

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the mod bumper + brush guard makes the Bronco. Wouldn’t consider without

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sticking with the Stock "22 Capable Bumper to get the Fog Light Pre-wire and Switch and saving the $600 for the optional Modular at build time.

Chances are there will be a few '21 Modular Bumpers hitting EBAY in '22 / '23 when the Early Deliveries start upgrading. If not I will go to another brand of aftermarket with the winch integral to the bumper.

That plan lets me add on the Warn Mount already designed for the Modular and frees up 1 of my Overhead Up-Fitter Switches that would need to be used for Fog Lights.

I think there is only one up-fitter circuit pre-wired to the bumper and I will need that one for Flood Cubes.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the look of it. Just need to wait for more accessory options to hit the market. There should be a lot more options to bolt to it within a year. I’m hoping rough country makes a hidden winch mount compatible with it. I love the stealth look of it.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
eBay is your best friend when it comes to lights, I am sure you will find something that works there for a fraction of that $1000.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like Ford will have lights to fit in the corners if you look at the latest Raptor Bronco it has two fog/spot lights. hopefully the cost will be less than 1000 bucks :oops: ...for me the steel bumper looks the best and is not Jeep looking I'm not fan of plastic!
I bet they will be much more than $1000 seeing as they are ridged brand lights.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod bumper was on my 2021 Badlands build standard so keeping it for my 2022 build isn't costing me anything with the price protection. No brainer.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short answer, nope. I like the looks and function of it, and it even looks kinda like the one I had on my old Bronco.

I am looking forward to someone coming up with the hidden winch mount similar to the Rough Country, just for the mod bumper and a little beefier. I think the hidden mount is the best compromise to keep all the sensors and cameras in play as designed and carry the added weight lower and close to the front axle.

My old bumper with the old Warn Bellview was stout, the wings were 2" square stock, and once done made the front of the Bronco heavy and bob down the road, even with the dual front shocks. The bobbing got better once I got the HD rear bumper and tire carrier done to balance it out a bit.
Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? my bronco bumper

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im a big fan of the mod bumper from the beginning and i was pretty bummed that its not longer the standard on the BL. I love the look, and the after market lights available. The diode dynamics fog pockets are $770, and im waiting to see what the SS5 light bar for the bumper will be. Rough Country also has an awesome looking winch mount but it only works for the 2.3L. Hoping they figure the same out for the 2.7
That’s why I’m sticking with a 2.3

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I am not going to spend $800-$1000 for lights for it. I wonder why it even has openings if the factory basic fog lamps ofvordered through parts would not fit. I have to measure but I have found purely rectangular lights for less than $50/pair. A piece of tin or black plastic to fill the gap and I may be in business.

Any front winch is apparently verboten with OBX-Lux due to blocking of sensors and cameras. Using the tow hook holes and skid Plat mounting holes I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards
My dealer still ordered the winch for my first edition. My plan is to fabricate a relocator bracket and plug and play harness for the radar and sensors from my understanding it don't block the cameras view.

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When me and the wife ordered our Base 4 door Sasquatch I really wanted to get the modular bumper...
My thoughts were, when money allowed we would find it easy to add a bolt on winch arrangement, lights, etc.
Now looking at accessories, I'm kinda bummed, Ford seems to have stopped the way overpriced winch system (no way I would spend that much anyway.) The only lights that fit well in the openings look to be in the $1000 range...
I will admit, around here, in Central Virgina, that steel on the front end will make it nice come deer season, and I love the exposed tow hooks and front skid plate addition.
I haven't taken delivery, it's not even built yet, I was just making my Christmas list and thinking too much.

I guess, coming from a Jeep family, and a Ford Truck family, I'm getting impatient waiting on available accessories... What's everyone else's thoughts? Was the buy in worth it or do you wish you had just bought an aftermarket winch capable bumper and matching rear?
Not at all. Some good aftermarket light solution are available.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not at all. Some good aftermarket light solution are available.
Baja Desins and Diode Dynamics will set you back over $800. Please direct us to a will fit mod bumper for price DD wants just for brackets ($120) We are not all off roading but do want a pair, just one pair will do of FOG lamps. I don't need 6 lamps, only 2.
Sponsored