Sponsored

Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet?

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that seal well above the tailgate? My factory soft top barely seals there.....which means it really doesn't. It's snow and ice season here now. The angled back would make it a little more likely for junk to sit there. I would't want a bigger leak than I've already got.
Hasn't rained or snowed here yet since I installed, but I'll wash it this weekend and report back. But from looking at it, it seems be sealed well at the tailgate. I didn't notice the oem top leaking back there when I used the self-service car wash 2 weeks ago.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I definately like that better than the factory top. Plan was/is to get the MIC, then soft top aftermarket(cheaper than the other way around). Plan working.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Bestop for my 4-door (MIC currently) as well. My only question is: is there any sort of quick way to get more access to the rear cargo area, or do you have to remove the rear window? My understanding is that it doesn't lift up like the OEM soft top. Just wondering for larger cargo items and letting the dogs in/out of the cargo area.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought the OEM soft top was twill? Is it not?

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes! An I love it! Just took a trip for Christmas, rain, snow, ice, winds 40-60mph, no problems. The only noise issue was with the 50mph crosswinds, but that is to be expected, or driving 70 with 30mph headwinds, a bit noisy, but not terrible. One of the crosswind gusts loosened the velcro strip at the sport bar, a few flurries blew in, but that was it. The top itself is nice and tight, doesn't flap around, and the window panels stay nice and flat. You can pull out the rear window bar from it's clips and flip it up for better access, the left and right side just velcro back down when you are done. I avoided doing this in the extreme cold, getting the cross bar back in place in the cold may be a struggle. Install was easy, the only complaint I have it attaching the driver side rear bracket was a pain, prying the cargo area panel out to get access to the screw attachment was a pain, and the panel never did seat itself back in place...ugh....but super happy overall!

PXL_20211222_184004045.jpg

PXL_20211225_211517170.jpg

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can pull out the rear window bar from it's clips and flip it up for better access, the left and right side just velcro back down when you are done.
Excellent!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took dB readings with the oem top at 45mph, 55mph, 65mph and 70mph. I’ll take new readings with the bestop tomorrow.

so far, there is zero flapping when driving. Drove with the oem top in 50-60mph windows day we picked it up and it was brutal with the noise from the top.

i too have an LJ with bestop soft top on it and agree its loud but so are my MT tires.
What are DB comparisons?

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Bestop for my 4-door (MIC currently) as well. My only question is: is there any sort of quick way to get more access to the rear cargo area, or do you have to remove the rear window? My understanding is that it doesn't lift up like the OEM soft top. Just wondering for larger cargo items and letting the dogs in/out of the cargo area.
Access to the rear is either by going underneath the top or for larger things undoing the rear window. I have 2 large dogs that Ive lifted up and put in the back with the window in place. Getting them out is different story since I won't let them jump out the back, so I've resorted to going through 2nd row doors during the winter months.

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are DB comparisons?
Comparisons were done on the same stretch of road.

OEM soft top:
55mph - 77.5dB
65mph - 79.8dB
70mph - 80.8dB

Bestop soft top:
55mph - 76.4dB
65mph - 77.2dB
70mph - 78.8dB

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comparisons were done on the same stretch of road.

OEM soft top:
55mph - 77.5dB
65mph - 79.8dB
70mph - 80.8dB

Bestop soft top:
55mph - 76.4dB
65mph - 77.2dB
70mph - 78.8dB
That's not terrible. Gonna be some getting use to though switching between our Passport and Bronco 😂 good thing I also split the difference on a motorcycle when I can. "Selective hearing" by the time I'm 50 😉

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! An I love it! Just took a trip for Christmas, rain, snow, ice, winds 40-60mph, no problems. The only noise issue was with the 50mph crosswinds, but that is to be expected, or driving 70 with 30mph headwinds, a bit noisy, but not terrible. One of the crosswind gusts loosened the velcro strip at the sport bar, a few flurries blew in, but that was it. The top itself is nice and tight, doesn't flap around, and the window panels stay nice and flat. You can pull out the rear window bar from it's clips and flip it up for better access, the left and right side just velcro back down when you are done. I avoided doing this in the extreme cold, getting the cross bar back in place in the cold may be a struggle. Install was easy, the only complaint I have it attaching the driver side rear bracket was a pain, prying the cargo area panel out to get access to the screw attachment was a pain, and the panel never did seat itself back in place...ugh....but super happy overall!

Ford Bronco Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet? PXL_20211225_211517170

Ford Bronco Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet? PXL_20211225_211517170
2D softie is growing on me. Sounds like It will be a viable option. High level, I understand what your saying about the install and challenge within the panels, but lack access to a 2Door to fully understand the details. Time will tell I guess.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wish Bestop would do a dark brown/tan run with these.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How does the trektop handle on the highway with it flipped back. Any concerns/issues?