Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm out of the loop on this, so not sure if you all have figured out this rattle source, but this is my biggest source of rattle, which I just fixed with some weather strip foam tape:
20230128_230418.JPG

20230128_230321.JPG
20230128_230444.JPG

My next rattle is the rear side panels, I may look into a quick fix before I do a full sound-deadening install on them. The passenger side really rattles with the sub.
Odd my tailgate doesnt rattle at all...do you have the 8" B&O or aftermarket sub?
Sponsored

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@los7883 I haven’t had the interior panels off yet, wondering if you could apply Killmat to the inside surfaces of the plastic panels for an even higher resistance to buzzing and plastic noise?
I already put the drivers side panel back on, but I still have the passenger's side off, going to put one or two sheets of killmat to it to see if it'll absorb more noise/vibration from the seatbelt. Will probably try and do that tomorrow, and post pics.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I can't believe the lengths some of you have gone to. Kudos. I'm slacking, I tied a pair of my ex-wife's underwear around the buckle, don't laugh, they're small. Took a minute to wrap it tight. Helped a little, LOL.

Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd my tailgate doesnt rattle at all...do you have the 8" B&O or aftermarket sub?
Lux package so B&O for me.

Wow, I can't believe the lengths some of you have gone to. Kudos. I'm slacking, I tied a pair of my ex-wife's underwear around the buckle, don't laugh, they're small. Took a minute to wrap it tight. Helped a little, LOL.
Some of us hate rattles. The panels come off pretty easily too, even without breaking anything when you know which way they come off. Luckily there are videos out there where you can see someone else's successes or mistakes so you know before you start.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just added about two sheets of Killmat to the inside of the panel that sits over the seatbelt housing. Will have to wait a few more days before I put it on and test it out though.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat C43EEC54-0AC0-4839-928B-6DD57E6CC986

Sponsored

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t at first. But when I started working on the seatbelt I figured what the hell might as well pull it out and add as much as I can behind it. I think I added about two sheets worth of Killmat back there.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat C43EEC54-0AC0-4839-928B-6DD57E6CC986
couldnt tell from the pictures. When i pulled mine i went crazy, i went up where you didnt, inside and everywhere because, who wants to rip back into something.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ALERT! For those wanting to try this, wear gloves. I'm typing this after having completed my front doors, cargo floor area, the goose gear seat delete kit and my drawer. Fingers and hands are nicely sliced up.
Also, thanks @los7883 for sharing your post and parts list, encouraged me to give it a go. Didn't go as deep as you did, but the amount I did helped a lot.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those wouldn't stay attached to my interior panels.
Take some fine sandpaper and sand where the camp attaches. Whatever Ford did to these panels makes 3M VHB tape not stick. Probably some type of hydrophobic surface coating.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I knocked out the rear cargo area today, first time ever doing this but I think it came out pretty good. I’m only hearing two rattles now. One sounds like it’s behind the sub enclosure so I think I’m going to take the enclosure off tomorrow and add Killmat behind that, but the second one is the stupid passenger side seatbelt. I know a lot of other people were having the same problem, did anyone figure out how to fix it or are we just SOL?
Beautiful job, I can only marvel at the degree of OCD. Hushmat tape over the white two-part panel clips? That is next level man :D

I am considering doing something like this when I do the rear sub undelete next week but still debating whether the hassle is worth it. I am mostly after road noise reduction and wish so badly that someone who did this would post before and after dB readings.

Will be collecting dB readings on the way to/from work this entire week as "before". Will do the same "after". I suspect that the effect will be negligible but as long as I have pulled out all this plastic I might was well go for it. I only hope I can put it back together without adding more rattling.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice job OP with the Kilmat install, my 1st box (36sq.ft.) arrives this Thursday. I’ve always used Dynamat Extreme in the past but after researching sound deadening solutions, Kilmat is thicker (80mil. vs approx. 50mil) and so much more reasonable, iirc, like $59. vs $210 for 36sq.ft. of each…hope that makes sense…must get some sleep!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked this up on WISH.com
Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat BeltHolder

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:
OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ALERT! For those wanting to try this, wear gloves. I'm typing this after having completed my front doors, cargo floor area, the goose gear seat delete kit and my drawer. Fingers and hands are nicely sliced up.
Also, thanks @los7883 for sharing your post and parts list, encouraged me to give it a go. Didn't go as deep as you did, but the amount I did helped a lot.
Yea the roller is a must, i tried using my fingers and there's no way I could have done this project without the roller, my fingers woulda been hurting for weeks!

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beautiful job, I can only marvel at the degree of OCD. Hushmat tape over the white two-part panel clips? That is next level man :D

I am considering doing something like this when I do the rear sub undelete next week but still debating whether the hassle is worth it. I am mostly after road noise reduction and wish so badly that someone who did this would post before and after dB readings.

Will be collecting dB readings on the way to/from work this entire week as "before". Will do the same "after". I suspect that the effect will be negligible but as long as I have pulled out all this plastic I might was well go for it. I only hope I can put it back together without adding more rattling.
Yea I was putting that tape on any and everything that could possibly vibrate, didn't wanna have to take these panels off multiple times trying to chase rattles.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found my seatbelt rattle installing a stock sub. Mine sounded like a jingle bell almost. It's the hidden belt guide housing slapping against the metal. It was a little tough, but I slid some felt tape under the sides. My rattle is now gone. I hope this helps you guys.

IMG20230707163120.jpg

IMG20230707170252.jpg
Sponsored