Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't wait any longer. My 2013 Chevy Cruze has had better days. Chevy can't fix the issues that people have had since the first model year.
Dude!!! I have a 2018. Bought it with 19 miles on it. Tranny had to have a total rebuild at 8,800 miles. I'll never go GM again.
Sponsored

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my hopes up due to the places they're using for testing. Most cars go over some gravel or a series of speed bumps and get the thumbs up as long as they don't blow up. Ford has taken these to the Rubicon, Moab, and Johnson Valley.

Like a great captain once said, "if anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there."

giphy (51).gif
Such a great movie. Wiser words have never been spoken. Voodoo hoodoo all kind of weird s***

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am waiting for a few reasons: Discovering the first year problems and having them corrected; Finding a dealer who has a 2.3 Bronco with the manual to test drive; Holding my breath long enough for Ford to announce that it will offer the 2.7 Bronco with the manual (while not announcing that it will no longer offer the manual at all) More on the last point - I think that all of us who want the 2.7 with the manual stand in front of the Ford Headquarters with all TV stations present and announce that we are all holding our breaths to our deaths until Ford commits to offering the 2.7 with the manual ?

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Such a great movie. Wiser words have never been spoken. Voodoo hoodoo all kind of weird s***
Guerilla. Guer...go...huuuge difference!

*reminds me of the M/T confusion

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude!!! I have a 2018. Bought it with 19 miles on it. Tranny had to have a total rebuild at 8,800 miles. I'll never go GM again.
Really? Interesting. Was it an automatic? My wife got a 2017 manual brand new and she’s had no issues with it in 40K miles. I had a Chevy for 6 years across two Camaro’s and never had a single issue.

Sponsored

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hell, I'll say it before anyone beats me to it.

All of you should definitely wait... Spread the word, tell everyone you see.

One way or another I'll get to the front of the line.

Edit: But to answer your question, there will be bugs.. Pretty much every car out there has some sort of issue, some smaller than others, some are major. But for me, I'm done with waiting, I'll take my chances.
Exactly. And those bugs, they'll be covered under warranty more than likely. Bring it on.

Really? Interesting. Was it an automatic? My wife got a 2017 manual brand new and she’s had no issues with it in 40K miles. I had a Chevy for 6 years across two Camaro’s and never had a single issue.
I've got an Impala approaching 150k. Almost zero shop time for major mechanical issues. Now the door locks that won't actuate when it's warm outside (and cost $300 each to replace) are another story.

I've never been a brand-specific fanboy, I've had Fords, GMs, Chryslers, VWs, Nissans. They've all had their bugs, and you just deal with it. It's about the car not the brand, for me at least, and this is the car.

Last edited:

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely not waiting any longer if it’s available...I’ve been waiting since early 2000s when the first few concepts where released. Sure it may have issues to work out, but the allure is getting the “first release” of ANY trim....nothing will beat that story to your kids/Grandkids vs...it was released on this date ____ and i waited to get it on _____. Loses its luster...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im 35 and I’ve had 4 brand new cars, last one bought when I was 34 and I’ve bought 5. This will be my wife’s second brand new car but if it was up to her she would still be driving her 1998 civic POS. I’m on my 7th car since 16 and my wife her 3rd and I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done. You don’t understand how people can drive new cars all the time and I don’t understand how people can drive 20 year old cars.

It’s only money, might as well enjoy it.
I'm not going to lecture anyone but I will say be careful with this type approach. I'm seeing the "it's just money, enjoy it while you are you young" more and more.

As a car lover since I was a kid, I can tell you that if I went with this approach I doubt I would be anywhere near where I am with my retirement goals.

Everyone is in a different situation but I can tell you that I've made a lot of sacrifices over the years to be in better position to retire and now that I'm turning 50 and near my "retirement number already", I don't regret the compromises one bit.

I still enjoyed myself, had a lot of great experiences, and don't regret one thing. Sure, I saw some awesome cars that I really wanted to buy but I held steady for the most part. My current car that I bought new 17 years ago is going to my son and a $60K car purchase for me at this point will not affect my retirement target one bit. If I were not in this position, I'm pretty certain I would not be borrowing $40-60k (or clearing my savings/retirement) for a car.... to be using it mostly to commute to my daily job for an additional 5, 10 or even 15+ years.

Hopefully this perspective/advice helps some of you youngsters out there. Now back to the fun stuff for me. :D

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not going to lecture anyone but I will say be careful with this type approach. I'm seeing the "it's just money, enjoy it while you are you young" more and more.

As a car lover since I was a kid, I can tell you that if I went with this approach I doubt I would be anywhere near where I am with my retirement goals.

Everyone is in a different situation but I can tell you that I've made a lot of sacrifices over the years to be in better position to retire and now that I'm turning 50 and near my "retirement number already", I don't regret the compromises one bit.

I still enjoyed myself, had a lot of great experiences, and don't regret one thing. Sure, I saw some awesome cars that I really wanted to buy but I held steady for the most part. My current car that I bought new 17 years ago is going to my son and a $60K car purchase for me at this point will not affect my retirement target one bit. If I were not in this position, I'm pretty certain I would not be borrowing $40-60k (or clearing my savings/retirement) for a car.... to be using it mostly to commute to my daily job for an additional 5, 10 or even 15+ years.

Hopefully this perspective/advice helps some of you youngsters out there. Now back to the fun stuff for me. :D
I appreciate your perspective and advice! Everyone’s situation is different and I completely agree you shouldn’t forgo retirement savings so you can buy cars or go on fancy trips. I make 2 extra house payments a year, 2 extra car payments a year, I save $150 a week into my savings and I put 18% in my 401K and I’m 35. I’m smart with my money and I have no issues with wasting some of it on interest and cars and things I enjoy. I don’t have any kids and never will and me and my wife have trips lined up to Greece and France in the next 2 years so I’m living my best life.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

None of us really have any other option than to wait. Even the FE buyers are going to have to wait. Myself I was going to wait a bit longer anyway, and with the offer just made by @Granger Ford I know I'll be waiting until at least 2022.

Sponsored

Maximus

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delorean
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought a LTZ Silverado in 2014, this thing has been sold for a few years now....I still get emails of new recalls. I don't think it matters honestly regarding a first year or x year vehicle. There may and will be problems and personnel will figure it out. However, the recalls do wear on your decision making in the future, would I buy a GM vehicle again? I doubt, with an exception of a Corvette or something and I don't see that needed to meet a life crisis.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate your perspective and advice! Everyone’s situation is different and I completely agree you shouldn’t forgo retirement savings so you can buy cars or go on fancy trips. I make 2 extra house payments a year, 2 extra car payments a year, I save $150 a week into my savings and I put 18% in my 401K and I’m 35. I’m smart with my money and I have no issues with wasting some of it on interest and cars and things I enjoy. I don’t have any kids and never will and me and my wife have trips lined up to Greece and France in the next 2 years so I’m living my best life.
Sounds like you are definitely on the right track! And yeah, kids do change things quite a bit (on cost of living for supporting them and planning ahead for education assistance).

If I didn't have kids, I'd probably have a collection of cars. :LOL:

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a LTZ Silverado in 2014, this thing has been sold for a few years now....I still get emails of new recalls. I don't think it matters honestly regarding a first year or x year vehicle. There may and will be problems and personnel will figure it out. However, the recalls do wear on your decision making in the future, would I buy a GM vehicle again? I doubt, with an exception of a Corvette or something and I don't see that needed to meet a life crisis.
My last 2 cars have been GM and both have had problems in their first 10k miles.
Sponsored