Sponsored

Anyone Treating Their Bronco as a Classic?

PDock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Mini Countryman, Ram 2500, FJ40, FJ60, Z3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just replied to a “why would you buy SAS for a BL” thread and my answer is a bit unusual. I checked nearly all options with my 2D BL MAN SAS LUX TOW, sans leather and auto. Aside from wanting the features myself, I figured this would be more desirable for resale in the future. Akin to checking off the 428 engine option vs the 289 in gen1 Mustangs. That $350 would have been money well spent (didn’t look up the exact amount, but was ridiculously low in hindsight).

Personally, am selling my ‘84 FJ60 to replace it with the Bronco. So the Bronco will see maybe 1-2k miles a year and remain in the garage. It’s amazing to see what some low mileage 90’s cars go for nowadays. So I’m expecting my ill-advised $4k SAS investment to pay dividends to retired me or one of my sons!
Sponsored

OP
OP

PDock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but for example, history in classic autos definitely favors 2 doors. Obviously that can change over time but we only can see the past to predict the future.

Not a 4d hater at all. I’d have one if it were my DD. Just saying 2D might retain more value in 20-30 yrs., as will SAS

Sponsored
OP
OP

PDock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Gen1 iPhone, unsupported tech, is likely to fetch $50k

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/02/tech/first-generation-iphone-auction/index.html

often times future tech renders older tech easier to decode. OEMs stop caring as much and some hacker will find their way to get updates into average hands

I’m not trying to convince anyone. In fact if I’m alone in this thought, all the better! Was just curious if anyone else considered it.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just replied to a “why would you buy SAS for a BL” thread and my answer is a bit unusual.
I am not sure why someone would ask this question. Got a link to that thread?

Sponsored

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought mine to enjoy, also my daily driver. Picked it up in June and already have 13k on it. I have other vehicles I could drive daily with, but would rather drive the Bronco.

OP
OP

PDock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll invest the 25K I saved on a fancy bronco and see what that is worth in 30 years.
touche… It probably is true that $25k on the market would do better than a car. For me, it wasn’t my only motivation… just for a few extra checkboxes

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying a vehicle not to use it just to "keep it's value high" is like not having sex with your girlfriend because you're saving her for the next guy.

Meh, life is too short for one car. I'm just getting the bronco and putting the miles on until something else comes along that's better.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just replied to a “why would you buy SAS for a BL” thread and my answer is a bit unusual. I checked nearly all options with my 2D BL MAN SAS LUX TOW, sans leather and auto. Aside from wanting the features myself, I figured this would be more desirable for resale in the future. Akin to checking off the 428 engine option vs the 289 in gen1 Mustangs. That $350 would have been money well spent (didn’t look up the exact amount, but was ridiculously low in hindsight).

Personally, am selling my ‘84 FJ60 to replace it with the Bronco. So the Bronco will see maybe 1-2k miles a year and remain in the garage. It’s amazing to see what some low mileage 90’s cars go for nowadays. So I’m expecting my ill-advised $4k SAS investment to pay dividends to retired me or one of my sons!
Yes, the nearly $3,000 sasquatch option for that exact build wasworth it!

You get:
- tires so terrible they should be replaced immediately if you're actually going to use the Bronco

- 1" wider fender flares

- 0.25" taller suspension with less articulation and droop

-Sasquatch stickers on the fenders

-Wheels that you can spend a further $900 on to buy the proper equipment to make them do something 1% of users might want to do.

You've struck a gold mine, no way anyone could build that for $3,900 (actual beadlock rings included).

BTW, your post and the title are at odds. One is a question (the title), and one isn't (the post).

Having responded to the statement, here's the answer to the title question:

No. I won't be putting an inline-6 with 6-volt electrical system and 3 on the tree into my Bronco. As my 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline aerosedan has.

Ford Bronco Anyone Treating Their Bronco as a Classic? 20200424_150333

Nor will it be getting a built 6.6 Liter, big block V8 for the Bronco as my 1961 Thunderbird has.
Ford Bronco Anyone Treating Their Bronco as a Classic? 20220604_111309

Why would anyone want to treat a modern 2023 vehicle as if it was a 70+ year old classic???? Willing to make a wild guess that in 2095 the Bronco will be bricked due to unsupported ECU software and, amazingly, the Fleetline still rolls on albeit with an electric powertrain as it's actually worth the money to do the conversion on.
Sponsored