Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 DOORS are going away
look At the 10% build on the NEW ones COMING UP

I love my two door . I understand the need for a more door .
but a bronco is a bronco is a bronco IS !!!! A 2 DOOR (y) . LET THAT SINK IN
NEVER COMPROMISE ;)
Sponsored

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my 2 door wouldnt switch. But i wish they somehow extended trunk by a foot. Its tight for luggage with family of 4, especially on ski trip even with cargo box

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two door is love, two door is life.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do a vegan and a two door owner have in common?

They’ll tell you…

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2Dr is exactly what I wanted!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
I only do the PNW, no experience with the PAC NW, but the short answer is no.
No desire or need for the 4-door. We'll travel just fine with the 2-door.

If we had a kid the philosophy is "buy less shit for your children".

500 kid toys for a getaway? No.
3 strollers and 5 diaper bags? No.

Can it be done? Oh, since it was done throughout human history up to about the year 2,000, I think it juuuuuuuust might be possible. Amurika!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I only do the PNW, no experience with the PAC NW,
"PNW" I believe I have seen that before as part of a compass looking sticker on a lot of suburu foresters and also in great quantities in the REI checkout line. Guess I am in the wrong crowd.

_Nelson_

Base
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

2 door all the way!

1) they look better
2) resale will be higher
3) storage is not an issue. Back seats down, roof rack possible, hitch mount carrier (see my post on this page for storage of hitch rack)
4) you can haul 3 people if needed
5) parking is safer because other parked cars stick out further than you
6) trail turn assist on the snow literally turns on a dime!

Cons

1) hard top weight is real!!! I removed and restored mine by myself ONCE, never again

If you want to solve that with a soft top, and are like me do not like the incredibly ugly fast back style soft top

2) soft tops come in one style, in one brand from one manufacturer period. Hope you like fast backs!

Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My seats in my 4 door are always folded down and I fill it up with dogs and stuff. Honestly I don't like the proportions and looks of the 2 door. Anyone using the excuse that a Bronco has always been a 2 door and so they suffer with too little cargo room is silly. However, I don't give a rats what other people prefer.

_Nelson_

Base
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My situation…

Forgot a huge con if you're a doors off guy....they are a lot heavier than 4 door and storage is more of an issue

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my 2-door (I am a bit of a purist) the minute reservations opened up. Day 1 reservation. It took me over 500 days to get my bronco. Got it in November of 2021. Six months later, my wife got pregnant with our firstborn.

However, I drove my 2021 model 12k miles all over the country and enjoyed every second of it. Because I bought a 2-door, and because they are more rare, I was able to sell it soon after my daughter was born for more than I bought it for.

Had I known I was having a kid so soon, I'd have most likely opted for the 4-door, but I still think the 2-door looks better and feels like a more traditional Bronco. Plus, I lost no money driving around in a Bronco for over a year. I consider this a small victory.

Anyways, that said, no regrets, but I now understand why the 4-door is the top seller.

First Name
Jaybird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it’s a little late to chime in, but I have never regretted getting a two door for a second.

I suppose styling is a matter of taste, but I think the two door is a lot more graceful in appearance than the four; the four comes across a bit ungainly.

But that’s the trade off for more space right? Meh. There’s something to be said for a small wheelbase. More nimble off-road. But my biggest surprise: my two door Badlands is the best car I’ve ever had for the congested city. It’s small enough to easily manage narrow streets and parking spaces, and because it sits so high I can see over parked cars.

Meanwhile there’s still space for four, and I’m never one of the people who has to climb into the back seat. Granted there’s not a lot of cargo space, but I have a truck for hauling stuff (I suppose that’s privilege). And I also have a trailer hitch and a flatbed trailer should I need to haul with the Bronco.

The only real problem I’ve ever had with the two door is that the rear windows don’t roll down, and thus my dog is not a fan of sitting back there.

Hey Ford, how bout some pop out windows for the hard top, like the rear windows in old minivans?

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You all are funny!
1. A bronco is a bronco is a bronco with a tailgate!
2. It’s 2023 you have your heritage, we 4 doors have the raptor
More door>2 door
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? 9CE2228C-EB23-4B5E-A50C-DEE444A1622C
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? C28AC5E6-9DAC-4DE4-B247-093634971A87
Sponsored