First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
CarPlay connection reliability seems to have improved as of iOS 16.3.1, but I am NOT saying This will fix your problem. Just my own personal experience.

Sometime I notice that some of Apple’s features regression after major upgrades. Perhaps that happened here?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254517971
Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has been buggy for me since day 1 (Nov 2021). Connection issues, black screen on maps, reverting back to last music app from phone when trying to listen to radio, etc. I just live with it as is for now.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has been buggy for me since day 1 (Nov 2021). Connection issues, black screen on maps, reverting back to last music app from phone when trying to listen to radio, etc. I just live with it as is for now.
What iOS version are you running?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have all kinds of problems using CarPlay with my iPhone 14 (standard not stupid model). Locking, freezing, glitching. Where I needed to restart both the phone and Bronco to get it to work again. Plugging in doesn't seem to help, nor disabling Bluetooth or Wifi and reconnecting.

It really drives me nuts. And CarPlay doesn't seem to be an "app", so reinstalling on the phone looks awkward at best. And yeah, I'm usually playing music (Apple) and using maps (also Apple).

Knowing the crapfest the Music app is on Apple's own Mac OS, I dare say I might blame Apple here.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have all kinds of problems using CarPlay with my iPhone 14 (standard not stupid model). Locking, freezing, glitching. Where I needed to restart both the phone and Bronco to get it to work again. Plugging in doesn't seem to help, nor disabling Bluetooth or Wifi and reconnecting.

It really drives me nuts. And CarPlay doesn't seem to be an "app", so reinstalling on the phone looks awkward at best. And yeah, I'm usually playing music (Apple) and using maps (also Apple).

Knowing the crapfest the Music app is on Apple's own Mac OS, I dare say I might blame Apple here.
What iOS version are you running?

Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mind started working swimmingly with that version. I also just updated the Bronco. Since both have updated I’ve had zero non-connections. Hope your situation gets some clarity. What a pain.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One would think that after about 20 years of exponential personal technology growth that dominates a massive percentage of our global economy, the primary response to any major issue could be something more pinpointed than "try turning it off and turning it back on".

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One would think that after about 20 years of exponential personal technology growth that dominates a massive percentage of our global economy, the primary response to any major issue could be something more pinpointed than "try turning it off and turning it back on".

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 Badlands LUX and am running latest OTA update on Sync system and latest iOS but my phone only automatically connects to CarPlay about half the time. The only solution that seems to resolve it when it doesn’t connect is to plug in the cable directly. Let it connect then unplug the cable again then it’s fine. Anybody else having similar problems and have a fix for it??
Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this carplay concern? Thank you!

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this carplay concern? Thank you!
I believe it is bc a majority kind of thing, where most people have issues with Apple CarPlay doesn’t always sync up. I also have to turn my Bronco off, then back on to get it working at time. My phone is connected thru Bluetooth and Cable.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One out 10 times my connection doesn’t happen, I simply turn off/on the Bluetooth option via vehicle connectivity function on my bronco.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last few updates for the bronco has made the connectivity less reliable for me. iOS 16.3.1. Been on a road trip to Texas and it was so frustrating that I just turned off the Bluetooth to my phone and used CarPlay with wired connection

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco->Settings->Phone List. Press the button that looks like a little play button to the right of your phone listing. That almost always works for me.

But once or twice, I’ve had to hit the little phone button to disconnect the bluetooth totally - then hit it again to reconnect.
I try this and it spins for about a minute before saying it cannot connect and to use USB connection or try again. Just can't seem to get it to hook up.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One out 10 times my connection doesn’t happen, I simply turn off/on the Bluetooth option via vehicle connectivity function on my bronco.
for me its not even one out of 10 that it happens. I haven't had wireless carplay working in about 2 weeks. Worked fine for 2 weeks when I first got the Bronco and now it will not connect at all.
Sponsored