First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be replacing my current iPhone (11 Pro) with an iPhone 15 Pro in a few days. I will report back if this resolves or improves the issue.
FYI, my current phone is a 15 Pro Max, using latest iOS.
Also, I had my Bronco in for an oil change over the weekend, and they said "there was a software update that we installed" when I picked it up. (No idea what it was). no change to the Carplay woes
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of my main complaints about the Bronco actually.

However I don't often lose connection while driving and it's already connected. Actually I don't remember that ever happening. It's usually when I start and it doesn't pair properly. But I can still play music/podcasts via the Ford interface by selecting bluetooth input.

It REALLY doesn't like it when I start, connect my phone, and then get back out while it's running and run back in the house. (don't shut the door for the double honk) When I get back in, carplay doesn't always reconnect.
This only seems to happen to me when I'm about to go somewhere I've never been and REALLY need my phone for directions...

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Out of curiosity, what size screen are you all having trouble with? I've had this issue a few times on our 8" screen, but don't recall it ever occurring on our 12" screen.

I've definitely experienced the same thing as @KirchTX on the 8" when getting out/in, but it seems like that problem isn't as prevalent as it was early on.

Just curious if it's isolated to one size.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Out of curiosity, what size screen are you all having trouble with? I've had this issue a few times on our 8" screen, but don't recall it ever occurring on our 12" screen.

I've definitely experienced the same thing as @KirchTX on the 8" when getting out/in, but it seems like that problem isn't as prevalent as it was early on.

Just curious if it's isolated to one size.
Yes, I have a 2023 Bronco Heritage with the 8'' screen.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would love it if a Ford rep who monitors this site could at least respond that they are looking into this issue. I seem to recall that Ford does have someone who does respond to forum posts on occasion.

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

YES - same thing near communications towers off highway. Thought I was the only one.
No not at all. haha.
Same spot for me, 100% of the time.
It is definitely not coincidental.
If I were a spy, I would suspect an EMP attack... every trip to the store.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been experiencing Apple Carplay dropping connectivity (or not connecting at all on startup) throughout the roughly half year I've had my 2023 Heritage. I've searched the forums and my understanding is that this is a fairly common issue but one that neither Ford nor Apple have resolved through a software or hardware update. Is my understanding accurate? Thanks!
My wireless AA disconnects on the same 1/4 mile stretch of highway wvery day. Had the dealership do a factory reset on sync on Friday and it still disconnected in the same spot this morning on my way to work. Problem is it won't auto reconnect after, so I go the rest of my commute with no music. Gps, or anything.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will not connect at all to wireless CarPlay about 10% of the time when i start the Bronco. It’ll connect Bluetooth no problem but not CarPlay. Wired works just fine but it’s an inconvenience for sure. I used to have an issue where about 5% of the time I started the car, CarPlay would cut in and out at low speeds. It was really weird; it never did it at normal city street speeds but whenever I slowed down or stopped it got real choppy.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Admin, do we know who the Ford rep is on this site? If so, is it possible to send them a message asking him/her to weigh in? Thanks!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got the 8" screen on Mid package.

But I'll say this, we have the same issues with our 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I was just talking to my neighbor and he has Carplay issues with their brand new Audi

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This only seems to happen to me when I'm about to go somewhere I've never been and REALLY need my phone for directions...
... right before instructions into the last turn...

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
Any input or updates regarding the Airplay Drops Issue
Mine will not connect at all to wireless CarPlay about 10% of the time when i start the Bronco. It’ll connect Bluetooth no problem but not CarPlay. Wired works just fine but it’s an inconvenience for sure. I used to have an issue where about 5% of the time I started the car, CarPlay would cut in and out at low speeds. It was really weird; it never did it at normal city street speeds but whenever I slowed down or stopped it got real choppy.
Does Airplay work in that BUFF?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've experienced similar issues both wirelessly and when lpugged in by USB cable. The majority of the time my iPhone is physically connected by cable.
when that happens, i use a can of compressed air to clear the pocket lint from the lightning connector port. just had to do it this week

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can neither confirm nor deny the functionality of AirPlay in the BUFF…
LOL
Assume you don't have the same EMP disruption issues I get at certain off ramps...
Come to think of it... It might be you...
Sponsored