Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL
Assume you don't have the same EMP disruption issues I get at certain off ramps...
Come to think of it... It might be you...
No but that’s because I know how to reverse the polarization of the inbound signal, thus denying interference
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been experiencing Apple Carplay dropping connectivity (or not connecting at all on startup) throughout the roughly half year I've had my 2023 Heritage. I've searched the forums and my understanding is that this is a fairly common issue but one that neither Ford nor Apple have resolved through a software or hardware update. Is my understanding accurate? Thanks!
I'm not going to read through 3 pages of posts, but wanted to let you Apply Fan Boys know you are not alone. Android Auto also has wireless connectivity issues. It started last summer (2023) when Ford pushed out one of their software updates (which unfortunately we CAN'T revert back to the old software). Since then I can leave work in the afternoon, music gets choppy, screen is super slow to react, and I lose connection.

So until @Ford Motor Company gets their head out of their ass and hires some real software engineers, I see this problem persisting.

And like others have stated, I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio in the wife's Jeep, NEVER lose wireless connection. This is a Ford Sync issue!

UtahGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ‘18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've experienced similar issues both wirelessly and when lpugged in by USB cable. The majority of the time my iPhone is physically connected by cable.
i also have been having issues wirelessly or plugged in. usually at start up it wont connect and i have to go through the settings and force it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been able to 100% reproduce this issue while driving through a certain spot in Orange County, CA on the 405 freeway. I pulled over and threw up a spectrum analyzer, because I'm a nerd and I have one. It happens there because some jerk decided to run extremely wide bandwidth 2.4Ghz channel usage with some kind of line of sight/microwave setup.

You're driving through it, and they blast the entire spectrum with more airtime and gain than the Bronco's antennas will tolerate.

It has nothing to do with 4G/5G cellular connectivity. Perhaps someone can find a way to wire in a better 2.4Ghz antenna setup for us, but I've kind of given up on it.

What's more annoying is that somehow wired carplay is just as unreliable :mad:

Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be replacing my current iPhone (11 Pro) with an iPhone 15 Pro in a few days. I will report back if this resolves or improves the issue.
I have an iPhone 15 Pro. I get the same issues. For me, it happens in the same areas around town. It’s gotten so bad lately that I just connect straight Bluetooth instead of using CarPlay. It’s a shame though. I love the functionality of CarPlay.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I highly suggest at minimum reporting the issues to Apple.

https://getsupport.apple.com/solutions

They have a CarPlay category. If you include that the issue happens consistently with your bronco they might take notice and reach out to Ford.

I work in an IT field. it’s common for users to know about an issue, but it’s never reported to the people that can fix it.

Hpkiv

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be replacing my current iPhone (11 Pro) with an iPhone 15 Pro in a few days. I will report back if this resolves or improves the issue.
Does not help the situation at all by going to a new phone. The other day reset and turning the bronco on and off did not fix the linking. I agree I don’t complain but its sad, but consistent with my 23 raptor as well.

It seems to be a ford thing.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not going to read through 3 pages of posts, but wanted to let you Apply Fan Boys know you are not alone. Android Auto also has wireless connectivity issues. It started last summer (2023) when Ford pushed out one of their software updates (which unfortunately we CAN'T revert back to the old software). Since then I can leave work in the afternoon, music gets choppy, screen is super slow to react, and I lose connection.

So until @Ford Motor Company gets their head out of their ass and hires some real software engineers, I see this problem persisting.

And like others have stated, I have an aftermarket Pioneer radio in the wife's Jeep, NEVER lose wireless connection. This is a Ford Sync issue!
This. After the update that fixed the backup camera stick on in low range, Android Auto is wonky.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No but that’s because I know how to reverse the polarization of the inbound signal, thus denying interference
This has taken an outstanding turn. lol. thx.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been able to 100% reproduce this issue while driving through a certain spot in Orange County, CA on the 405 freeway. I pulled over and threw up a spectrum analyzer, because I'm a nerd and I have one. It happens there because some jerk decided to run extremely wide bandwidth 2.4Ghz channel usage with some kind of line of sight/microwave setup.

You're driving through it, and they blast the entire spectrum with more airtime and gain than the Bronco's antennas will tolerate.

It has nothing to do with 4G/5G cellular connectivity. Perhaps someone can find a way to wire in a better 2.4Ghz antenna setup for us, but I've kind of given up on it.

What's more annoying is that somehow wired carplay is just as unreliable :mad:
Theoretically it COULD have something to do with 5G cell towers. CarPlay operates at 5GHz which is within the low band that 5G operates in. Bluetooth runs on 2.4GHz and anytime I have CarPlay issues the Bluetooth works just fine.

fpostgate

Big Bend
First Name
Farley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2024 has some loss of connection with Android Auto to my Pixel 6 pro. However if I restart the Infotainment system, it always reconnects again. You push the On button and the double arrow right (next) button and hold for about 6 seconds, the thing restarts and I get my wireless AA working perfect again. The thing works most of the time, the plug in (standard) AA doesn't work too well because I guess the connection is just not good enough (old hardware USB-C perhaps), but the wireless feature seems to work great most of the time, but sometimes gets fouled up and needs the restart. Can't comment on prior year products.

P.S. I had the same kind of issues with my 2021 Subaru Forester. I think the system is real complex having to have an Auxiliary Program Interface, with two operating systems trying to run completely different clocks and stuff just gets missed in communication. Apple Carplay has the same issue. These systems need to functions with all kinds of vehicles too, so that makes the com issue even crazier.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problems here. Auto updates with an old ass XsMax. Maybe newer isnt always better :LOL:
Tech is wonky, such is the way of the beast.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use AA but have the same issues with the wireless connection, finally started plugging it in a couple days ago. Very frustrating.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a little over 12k miles... and only recently have I had connectivity issues with Car-play... and deleted iPhone 15 connections(there were four or 5 listed for some reason?) and reinstalled and so far no problems....other than sometimes a slow connecting... fingers crossed.
Sponsored