First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just picked up our Bronco this week. Setup Apple CarPlay and it worked just fine, now won't connect. I have deleted phone in car and deleted Bronco from phone but still can't connect. Anyone else having this problem? Solution.
Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mine stopped working yesterday

It has done this each time there's an update.

Difference this time is it now only works like crap wireless. Prior to yesterday, it would only work over usb cable.

Pain in the ass!
Every time something gets an update, I need to delete phone info from vehicle do a reset and set it up again.

I've also had to delete all info from phone.

Odd how some vehicles have this issue while others work just fine.
Mine works like shit

Now I get this F-ing gem constantly and now it won't connect at all over USB cable
Ford Bronco Apple Carplay not connecting Screenshot_20230610-153708_Gallery

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My iPhone will connect and then I get the message like above. Then sometimes it will reconnect and other times not. Went for a drive with the wife to Ouray over Memorial Day weekend. Phone connected and stayed connected the whole 2.5 hours driving there. We are coming back and it kept connecting, disconnecting, connecting, disconnecting literally ever couple of minutes. Finally had to turn off the Bluetooth as it was irritating as hell!

Same luck here, every time there's a new update I have wireless connectivity issues and suddenly other issues come up that haven't happened before. I swear they fix one thing and break 3 new ones with every damn update. Really annoying!

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have android but I feel it is likely working the same. What I see is that wireless will work if coming to the vehicle after it has sat for a few hours. But if I go into a store. Then come back out 15 minutes, it won't reconnect to wireless with that short gap. There is some programming issue while the car does it's keep alive routine that doesn't properly reset the wireless stack. Rarely it will not work with wired but will work with wireless.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine constantly won't connect and no amount of changes will fix it. It is my single biggest complaint is that whole infotainment whatever system.

I can not find a fix, but if anyone has tips I'll try it.

I have the regular smaller screen and it seems to be a factor to some degree.

OP
OP

cheatham25

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My BMW does the same thing but I can reboot the system by pressing and holding the on/off button. I wonder if there is a way to reboot

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just picked up our Bronco this week. Setup Apple CarPlay and it worked just fine, now won't connect. I have deleted phone in car and deleted Bronco from phone but still can't connect. Anyone else having this problem? Solution.
You gotta take some time to get used to it. Sometimes you plug it into the USB too soon and it wonā€™t connect.Solution is to disconnect from USB, disconnect your phone in the Phone List, then reconnect the phone.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, there are numerous threads on this topic with no solution that Iā€™m aware of. Apple CarPlay connecting is unreliable at best. Doesnā€™t matter, wired or wireless. Works, then it doesnā€™t. Always random. Done all of the usual things including pair/unpair, delete entirely then repair. Nothing seems to work over the longer term.

During a recent trip to Moab, Iā€™d get out of the truck to take a video with my phone, then back in multiple times. Sometimes it would repair sometimes not. When youā€™re relying on CarPlay and onX maps, it becomes a big pita. Iā€™ve given up trying. Such a shame with the big Lux screen. IMHO thereā€™s no excuse.

As I needed a new iPad anyway, I finally bought an 11ā€ iPad Pro with cellular capability and a cup holder Mount. Donā€™t need to activate service. Iā€™ll use that with onX and gaia maps.

Enjoy your new Bronco. We love ours.

Sponsored

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tried it and it did. Disconnected the usb and it connected wirelessly. Weird
The first time you connect an iPhone to Carplay, it has to be via USB. After that it works via wireless.

Cliffhanger

Badlands
First Name
Koma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a permanent fix here, but what usually works for me when it wonā€™t connect is to go to Settings/Bluetooth/Bronco and turn the CarPlay off and then back on. Donā€™t know what the Android menu is but may work similar?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine you have to let connect wirelessly and then plug the USB in. If you plug in the USB and then start the Bronco it wonā€™t connect.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve had a lot of issues with CarPlay as well. Doesnā€™t always connect at startup, have had it randomly disconnect, have some apps (specifically Waze) that donā€™t always connect right.

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine frequently wonā€™t connect, but I found that rebooting the sync screen often helpsā€¦. Hold the power button and the ā€œnext trackā€ button at the same time until the screen goes black.
Sponsored