Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Installed my SITHs today.

20220226_150945.jpg

This was actually my second attempt. The first attempt I ended up ruining some of the PTFE washers, Curtis was kind enough to replace them for me. A few notes on install:

• If you have precision measuring tools (caliper/mics) measure everything first and calculate the shim pack thickness needed. Easier than trying to guess.
  • The original instructions weren't clear to me on only installing on one side, and the outboard side at that. I was trying to install on both sides initially.
  • I also didn't realize the first time I tried to install that the threads engage before the body of the bolt is in the washers. It was obvious, I just didn't pay attention. If the body of the bolt isn't perfectly aligned with the washers it can drag them in to the shackle, ruining them.
  • The female end of a 3/8 extension should be about the perfect size to align these.
Very nice product. As with all the AR products there's so much attention to detail it's impressive.
Hmmmm…Sounds very familiar to me for some reason.

I ended up with two washers on both sides and it took me several attempts. Washers into the shackle…check. Messed up washers…check. Missed the intent of the instructions…check.

Oh well, I’m not taking them apart and trying again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Installed my SITHs today.

20220226_150945.jpg

This was actually my second attempt. The first attempt I ended up ruining some of the PTFE washers, Curtis was kind enough to replace them for me. A few notes on install:

• If you have precision measuring tools (caliper/mics) measure everything first and calculate the shim pack thickness needed. Easier than trying to guess.
  • The original instructions weren't clear to me on only installing on one side, and the outboard side at that. I was trying to install on both sides initially.
  • I also didn't realize the first time I tried to install that the threads engage before the body of the bolt is in the washers. It was obvious, I just didn't pay attention. If the body of the bolt isn't perfectly aligned with the washers it can drag them in to the shackle, ruining them.
  • The female end of a 3/8 extension should be about the perfect size to align these.
Very nice product. As with all the AR products there's so much attention to detail it's impressive.
They look great on that blue!

I'll make revisions to the instructions, per your notes. Thank you! It totally makes sense. I'm also going to 3D print an alignment tool and provide that with the S.I.T.H.s to aid in install. Personally, I used a fat Sharpie marker to help align the PTFE shims.

On another note. I went ahead and scanned the OEM recovery point. If I machined them in house, the tolerances can be so much better controlled and we can virtually eliminate the shimming that's required now, due to the range of dimensions were dealing with on the OEM part. ... another project on the list.

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 7A14F6C9-BD44-415D-983B-FBA607EB14DB

chelron

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MKT. Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll just leave this here for you guys. It's obvious what we're working with. This is the AR | S.I.T.H.-R Assembly. The S.I.T.H. Shackle is the same chunky 7075 billet aluminum piece as the front, except for one change. The rear shackle gets the script and the post machined AR logo. There has been an up-rev to the AR-Bolt. It will receive the ARCHETYPE RACING script on the bolt head. It's just a nice touch. The shank is black powdercoated steel.

Since I have the OEM tow receiver, I was able to get the hole spacing (2") just right and fitment will be dialed. If any of you have the Curt (or any other popular) receiver and can shoot me a measurement from center mount hole to opening of receiver, I can ensure fitment for your application and it wont look like a 'one size fits all' solution.

The S.I.T.H.-R will debut on the new website. Yeah, you read that right. It's about a week away from launch. It's a HUGE improvement from the current one. Final pricing TBD. Lead time is roughly 30 days.

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 7A14F6C9-BD44-415D-983B-FBA607EB14DB
Send it

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @EIGHTLUG Sorry I'm late to the dance on this one... You know what to do....SEND IT!!!!!!!!

Q: Do you think the red will look ok with the Rapid Red or should I go Black?

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait....what ? Einstein didn’t wear socks? Only one thing to do now...
SEND IT

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SITHs for the other colors are being machined and powdercoated now. I expect to receive them all toward the end of this month. That's BADLANDS orange and a handful of the ERUPTION green units.
@EIGHTLUG Curious if we have any updates on the Badland’s orange shackles

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id buy them if only it had a special bolt to make it not so damn easy to steal.

custom head/driver gets my $$.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

A custom driver means custom tool for the custom bolt. -Don’t think I haven’t done this.

The angle of attack adjustment bolt on our AR | SPECTRE Swan Neck Wing has a proprietary driver and a supplied AR socket or wrench. You choose. The socket is $100. The wrench (THE MAGIC STICK) is $320. All polished stainless tool steel. Same stuff Snap On uses. Very tough and very tough to machine. Just low quantity, very bespoke. Not mass produced means no cost reduction love from the machine shops.

I really wouldn’t be worried about the thief that walks around with an Allen wrench this size to get the shackles removed. Think of all of the $900+ Baja Designs lights on all of these vehicles. They can be removed in seconds with a 6mm hex drive and a 13 mm wrench.

Poof, gone….

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED F508D60C-173B-469F-AA01-5552288DC3C6

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED DEA46D57-BAE3-433E-9CFD-9C1ECA09128A

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 5CF9AAB0-7DA4-48D3-955B-4A09DD8A35D3

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED BAF0B55F-D8EA-4836-A891-B0D3ED245E72

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 81493374-5209-4D96-8C9A-EE2124F8198B

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 29413C5D-431A-49FF-9365-4716FDEE1610

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 077754FF-DDD4-44D9-A0E3-BC26D9AD4325

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 45FB62EB-46DD-4A26-8F6E-0415DD61D601

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 4F25BB71-AEE0-4C9F-ACE3-ED39CF9A40D4

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 3EBC5F2C-36EC-4834-B175-E122B1F10D05

Ford Bronco AR | S.I.T.H. Modular Bumper Shackle - Common Hardware REIMAGINED 870BA8EA-C708-456E-ABCD-FB9DBF3FF5CA

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Once installed and torqued to 80 ft-lbs they won't be removed with an L allen wrench. Going to require the right hex bit. So while it's certainly possible to steal with the right tools, I think it's unlikely, especially since only the Bronco community knows the value.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it. Badlands Orange.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll check in and find out where those are at in the machining/powdercoat process.
circling back on this. Any updates on how the orange ones turned out?
Sponsored