Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.7L

Attached a screenshot where it is depressing the liner by about a full inch of depth. This is with hood down enough for the safety latch but still needs to go another inch for full closure.

Screenshot_20220125-110309_Gallery.png
Is your harness on the passenger side or driver side...
Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your harness on the passenger side or driver side...
The wiring harness is facing to driver. This image is with the phone sitting on top of the engine pointing to passenger. So the arb intake filters are on the outside passenger side. That has the slot in the arb top cover going toward the front of the vehicle.

JaceHarp

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-350, 2021 FE 4DR, 22 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got around to doing just the mounting. When closing the hood, the quick release chuck doesn't even come close to clearing. And that's with the 45 degree angle adjustment. It presses fairly deep into the hood liner. Not what I was expecting at all...

I think I'll be looking into a complete relocation option soon.
Is it possible that you have the compressor mounting plate upside down?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The wiring harness is facing to driver. This image is with the phone sitting on top of the engine pointing to passenger. So the arb intake filters are on the outside passenger side. That has the slot in the arb top cover going toward the front of the vehicle.
Ohh yeah it's going to touch the carpet/matt. That's not an issue. Some trucks don't have that and it clears perfectly. But with the carpet pad in there, it adds some extra material. But if you watch it (put a flashlight as you close the hood) you'll notice how light and fluffy that carpet is and it just raises up. It's not under pressure at all. It's just resting on top because of the extra material

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought this coupler would fit directly into the top of my compressor but it can’t be tightened down. Anyone know the part to attach to the compressor so the quick connect can be attached to it?

5DB27EF1-E359-4BBE-B043-E1237350A421.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought this coupler would fit directly into the top of my compressor but it can’t be tightened down. Anyone know the part to attach to the compressor so the quick connect can be attached to it?

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 5DB27EF1-E359-4BBE-B043-E1237350A421
??? Not quite sure I understand. That is the quick connect coupler that works with that compressor.

Remove the black jacket on the coupler so that you can get a wrench under it to tighten it down. I'd also recommend angling it (follow the instructions in the ARB manual on how to do that).

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) image

installed mine yesterday. I decided to drill a new hole to allow me to place it in a slightly different location then what the layout gave. Would’ve preferred slots across the entire plate for more adjustment but that just my 2 cents on that. Overall like it though. Also thought it’d be batter to have the filters facing inwards after seeing the mud getting in up through inside of the fenders.

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remove the black jacket on the coupler so that you can get a wrench under it to tighten it down. I'd also recommend angling it (follow the instructions in the ARB manual on how to do that).
Wish I had realized the rubber came off easily to get a wrench on it. I used two flathead screwdrivers crossing each other in and X, to get it tightenee. Initially used a metal pry tool which fit perfectly, but couldn't tighten it fully with that.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) image

installed mine yesterday. I decided to drill a new hole to allow me to place it in a slightly different location then what the layout gave. Would’ve preferred slots across the entire plate for more adjustment but that just my 2 cents on that. Overall like it though. Also thought it’d be batter to have the filters facing inwards after seeing the mud getting in up through inside of the fenders.
We actually thought about designing it with slots so you could slide it around. In the end though we determined it was more secure using 4 holes. This way if someone did not tighten it down all the way it would not slide around.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible that you have the compressor mounting plate upside down?
No, that wouldn't be possible with the way it's shaped. Even if you were able to fit it into the computer mounting bracket with the plater upside down, the far side that rests on the strut brace would be like 2-3 inches away from the brace.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, that wouldn't be possible with the way it's shaped. Even if you were able to fit it into the computer mounting bracket with the plater upside down, the far side that rests on the strut brace would be like 2-3 inches away from the brace.
You're compressor is fine. There is no pressure on the compressor as the padding on your hood is loose and pushes up easily.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I don"t aee any evidence that mine hits the liner at all. Seems like it could be close though.
I sat my phone in a spot that was relatively safe and hit record to see how everything looked when closed. I'd be interested in comparing. I can't imagine there are tolerance differences on any of the equipment involved for any sort of noticeable delta.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sat my phone in a spot that was relatively safe and hit record to see how everything looked when closed. I'd be interested in comparing. I can't imagine there are tolerance differences on any of the equipment involved for any sort of noticeable delta.
Are you able to see my messages??? I posted 2 replies stating that is completely normal/fine...

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
??? Not quite sure I understand. That is the quick connect coupler that works with that compressor.

That did the trick. I didn't realize that the rubber piece could be removed to allow it to be fully tightened down.
Sponsored