Sponsored

Are ALL Dealers Asking for the Added $500 Deposit ? ? ? ?

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol.

With the way this whole process has gone, I’m not giving Ford any more of my money. ??‍♂
You wouldn't be giving Ford any more of your money, it would be a deposit to your specific dealership.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer told me that they would be asking for a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit at the order.

I told him that I was fine with the $1,000, but it needed to be refundable, as if I didn't like it when it came off the truck, they would take it, put it on the lot and sell it with a substantial mark-up.

He smiled and said I was probably right, but they needed it to be non refundable in case I ordered some weird combination that might be hard to sell.

I said like digital camo seats! He smiled again and agreed that refundable would be fine.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is entirely up to the dealer.

For example, Granger is asking nothing additional over your $100 initial reservation. That should tell you something about their integrity.
I can’t speak to their integrity. I believe it can be looked at in 2 ways. 1) They have faith and integrity in this order process. 2) This process from ford is unorthodox and they do not want to deal with the order deposits if/when people drop their orders. They will have to unwind the deal and get shit from ford. People can be dicks if you don’t return their money in a timely manner. IMO

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have not discussed it with my dealer. Don't have a problem either way. Agree that a decent deposit at the time of the order will weed out the tire kickers. I also realize that some of the dealers who don't want an additional deposit are hoping some don't follow through so that they can sell at a substantial mark up because the buyers are paying to jump the line...

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can’t speak to their integrity. I believe it can be looked at in 2 ways. 1) They have faith and integrity in this order process. 2) This process from ford is unorthodox and they do not want to deal with the order deposits if/when people drop their orders. They will have to unwind the deal and get shit from ford. People can be dicks if you don’t return their money in a timely manner. IMO
I agree that Granger has been transparent and upfront with all of their potential customers. But let's not pretend they are taking any real undue risks here. If someone walks out on their order after it's delivered to Iowa, Granger will happily refund their $100 and then take the Bronco they ordered and Granger paid Ford for and place it on their lot and sell it for a marked up price, for the risk they took. That will be market value at that time.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not giving my dealer a dime until my vehicle is delivered.

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. I’ve seen a lot of people in previous threads saying they don’t want a non refundable deposit because they want to inspect the vehicle first? That’s not how this works. Like at all. This is an arranged marriage and you are buying the bronco you order unless you have extenuating circumstances.
Actually that is incorrect. Have you actually ordered vehicles in the past? I have, and I’ve never once put down more than $100 (and I’ve had vehicles that cost quite a bit more than the Bronco); often it’s been done with no money down. Maybe your experience has been different than mine.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that Granger has been transparent and upfront with all of their potential customers. But let's not pretend they are taking any real undue risks here. If someone walks out on their order after it's delivered to Iowa, Granger will happily refund their $100 and then take the Bronco they ordered and Granger paid Ford for and place it on their lot and sell it for a marked up price, for the risk they took. That will be market value at that time.
All I’m saying is that people don’t order cars on a regular basis. They (Granger/Dealers)don’t want the extra headache of handling 1/4 million dollars if they have 500 orders at 500 a pop. When people back out they will want their money back now. It may not happen as quickly as some would like. I understand they will mark them up. I don’t know how much truth there is in the dealer being penalized for non filled orders. When I order I always put money down. That is more in line to my requests upon delivery. It makes me feel comfortable.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually that is incorrect. Have you actually ordered vehicles in the past? I have, and I’ve never once put down more than $100 (and I’ve had vehicles that cost quite a bit more than the Bronco); often it’s been done with no money down. Maybe your experience has been different than mine.
Bronco is not any other vehicle.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a feeling that a lot of people are not going to be in position to buy when its delivered and it scares the dealership because they will be judged on conversions to SALES. An additional deposit is not that much to ask.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How will a refundable deposit slow anyone down? I'd pay that and still cancel if the interior looks as bad in person as the pics suggest.
Some people may have a hard time coming up with $500 now. Look at the many post on this forum where people have been asking if other dealers are NOT asking for additional deposits past the original $100. Doesn’t make since to me why they would even consider ordering a $40-55K Bronco if $500 is a hardship.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I swear I read on here somewhere Ford recommended an additional $500 deposit at time of order. I'm ok with a reasonable additional deposit to weed out tire kickers.

I wonder what reservation numbers would have been like if Ford asked for $1k instead of $100
It would of been much lower but Ford picked $100 to be able to show huge numbers and have a lot of publicity to show how hot their new vehicle Is.

And I doubt we will ever know real numbers when it comes to registration to purchase conversions.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would of been much lower but Ford picked $100 to be able to show huge numbers and have a lot of publicity to show how hot their new vehicle Is.

And I doubt we will ever know real numbers when it comes to registration to purchase conversions.
You have the best signature on this site. Lots of teachers is the family and lots of veterans.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer here in Southern Alberta is asking for 10% of MSRP when I order, which is fine because I planning at least that.
Sponsored