Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think people spend to much time worrying about what others spend their money on. But that’s just me I guess.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think people spend to much time worrying about what others spend their money on. But that’s just me I guess.
Yup.
People are different. It's their money, their time - what do I care? I know guys who wouldn't EVER buy a new car (and most of them could pay cash for a new car / truck if they WANTED to) but the latest greatest firearm, home theater, tool, tractor etc - they are foaming at the mouth.

Since I sold my '19 Mustang GT 6 speed last month (dealer offered me way too much money to turn down - a outright sell not a trade in) I'm driving my F150 and / or the Bronco and wondering what I might want to look for.......buddy forwarded a link where Toyota announced the '23 Supra would have an optional 6 speed manual (I just ENJOY manual transmissions in higher performance cars - personal preferences) so here I thinking I wouldn't pay ADM for a Bronco - but for a 6 speed Supra? LOL

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to the independent Insurance industry evaluation service that evaluated my totalled Bronco, yes. The insurance evaluation service said Bronco's are retailing for $20k over sticker and that's what they gave me without me arguing anything.
I think this is a major, major part everyone seems to be overlooking. When you total the car, or try to trade in the car right now, you're going to get the WORTH of the car, not the MSRP. For everyone that's getting MSRP by ordering the vehicle, you're sitting on massive amounts of equity. Everyone is so used to the way it " used " to be, that they're all failing to see where we are now. Dealerships are ALSO sitting on overpriced broncos. Go to auto trader and search used 2022, or 2021 broncos, they're just as expensive, in some cases, even more expensive, because that's the actual VALUE of the cars. Arguing it'll go down in 2 years is dumb, do any of you seriously think a dealership is going to keep buying these things 20k over MSRP then turn around one random day and just sell it for 20k less and take the loss? No, of course not. The market isn't changing on these vehicles any time soon, anyone that says it is is just talking out their ass, they have no idea if it'll change, just like I don't. As it stands we can only go on what the value of it is right now, and right now the value is the vehicles are appreciating in value, not depreciating. You're not loosing that 20k soon as you drive off the lot anymore, these are just facts.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this is a major, major part everyone seems to be overlooking. When you total the car, or try to trade in the car right now, you're going to get the WORTH of the car, not the MSRP. For everyone that's getting MSRP by ordering the vehicle, you're sitting on massive amounts of equity. Everyone is so used to the way it " used " to be, that they're all failing to see where we are now. Dealerships are ALSO sitting on overpriced broncos. Go to auto trader and search used 2022, or 2021 broncos, they're just as expensive, in some cases, even more expensive, because that's the actual VALUE of the cars. Arguing it'll go down in 2 years is dumb, do any of you seriously think a dealership is going to keep buying these things 20k over MSRP then turn around one random day and just sell it for 20k less and take the loss? No, of course not. The market isn't changing on these vehicles any time soon, anyone that says it is is just talking out their ass, they have no idea if it'll change, just like I don't. As it stands we can only go on what the value of it is right now, and right now the value is the vehicles are appreciating in value, not depreciating. You're not loosing that 20k soon as you drive off the lot anymore, these are just facts.
And yes, finding a Bronco (in Wisconsin as I live in North Carolina) cost me $20k over sticker. Just to finish my thoughts.

chaseman210

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in NC, and the two dealers who have had exactly what I was looking for were $15k and $20k over sticker. I wasn't paying that, so every day, I would search every dealer listed on Ford in random states one by one. I finally found what I was looking for on the lot (except it came installed with the body kit and body armor). It was at a small dealership that only had a few cars. I called them up, and a deal had fallen through so it was available. I ended up paying $54k all in with doc fees and everything. The sticker was a little over $52k.

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The market will bear what the market will bear. It's not just Broncos. I sold my '19 Mustang GT to a DEALER - an outright buy - for what I paid for it NEW in '19 and I put 30k miles on it. They marked it up $5K and it was gone in 3 days. We traded in my wife's '17 EB Mustang ragtop for the Bronco. They gave us $500 MORE than we paid for it used in '18....it sold less than a week later.

My neighbor is STILL waiting on his original Bronco order (1st day reservation). In the mean time, he bought a Bronco Sport. Traded it to a local dealer on a '22 BD 2dr 5 speed. He got $5K more than he paid for the Sport. He got sick of the manual, found a 2dr '22 OB and traded the BD in on it and made $5K on that one as well.....and he paid ADM on the BD.

As long as the Auto industry tools that track dealer auction sales - as long as those prices are tracking with what vehicles are actually selling for, banks will finance these values, they use the same tools.

Supply and demand. Heck, my son and I are considering selling his '95 Bronco we redid a while back. ZERO Rust. Original paint. Lift, tires, wheels, everything gone through. A friend sold his '94 Bronco (no lift, some rust, high miles etc) for $8K in a few days. We've pretty much decided if we get offer $12K it's gone.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Local Volvo dealer has a zero option 4 Door Big Bend (7mt) with 617 miles on it for $18k over current MSRP.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is kind of an unfair way to judge people. I paid 20k over MSRP because I can. I wanted one right now, and I have the money to get what I want. The kind of people that are spending 70k on an outer banks, or 90k on a WT aren't doing it while working minimum wage jobs. You have to think about it in the mind of someone that spends 20k on things like a nice weekend. Frankly, anyone that tells me I'm an idiot or judges me, or anyone I know based on how we spend money is just them projecting on how bad they feel they can't afford to just throw away 20k on a literal toy. :p
Wow you sound so off kilter here. Guess what , you aren’t only one with solid salary.

Based on my bonus alone I can swing a loaded Bronco Raptor with ADM, but refuse.

I wasn’t always in the financial position I’m in and I intend to stay that way by not being reckless with my money.

Unless you are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars and current market swing doesn’t affect you etc.

To come on here with a ridiculous comment about spending 20k in a weekend etc is just silly.

I guess it means you do well financially and are also stupid financially.

hope it lasts.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow you sound so off kilter here. Guess what , you aren’t only one with solid salary.

Based on my bonus alone I can swing a loaded Bronco Raptor with ADM, but refuse.

I wasn’t always in the financial position I’m in and I intend to stay that way by not being reckless with my money.

Unless you are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars and current market swing doesn’t affect you etc.

To come on here with a ridiculous comment about spending 20k in a weekend etc is just silly.

I guess it means you do well financially and are also stupid financially.

hope it lasts.
I always get a kick out of people calling me stupid while also exclaiming they are somehow better because of (insert ignorant reason here).

I didn't come here to explain how good earners spend money, I commented because people seem to think those who spend over msrp are stupid, you'd probably know that if you read the earlier comments. My statement still stands, anyone who complains abkut how I spend money is just jealous, which clearly you are too. Don't hate because you can't hang, move along Mr bonus bronco lol.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

25,000 adm in Northern CA all day long

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always get a kick out of people calling me stupid while also exclaiming they are somehow better because of (insert ignorant reason here).

I didn't come here to explain how good earners spend money, I commented because people seem to think those who spend over msrp are stupid, you'd probably know that if you read the earlier comments. My statement still stands, anyone who complains abkut how I spend money is just jealous, which clearly you are too. Don't hate because you can't hang, move along Mr bonus bronco lol.
cant hang? What are you 12?

oh yeah forgot, the internet gives everyone ability to be what they want.

I know what my bank account has and salary is.

you I call absolute BS.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
cant hang? What are you 12?

oh yeah forgot, the internet gives everyone ability to be what they want.

I know what my bank account has and salary is.

you I call absolute BS.
Spoken like a true boomer. But realistically, I don't care lol. Anyone who complains about what I buy is just jealous, it is what it is. Go pout about it in silence.

AZsasquatch

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I paid $10k for “market adjustment“ to get my Bronco, but the dealer also gave me $40k for the Hyundai Palisade I traded in which I paid $32k for when it was new 14 months earlier. Does not make much sense to me, but if they want to over pay me that much for my trade the 10k markup doesn’t bother me.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I paid $10k for “market adjustment“ to get my Bronco, but the dealer also gave me $40k for the Hyundai Palisade I traded in which I paid $32k for when it was new 14 months earlier. Does not make much sense to me, but if they want to over pay me that much for my trade the 10k markup doesn’t bother me.
Yeah, That's happening too! It's a good deal imo. It's also been proven and shown that the market price of the bronco is in fact 20k above MSRP in most cases. Just ask anyone that's been paid by their insurance company after it's been totaled, they're getting market prices for it, not MSRP. If anything, people paying MSRP are really making out like bandits because they're getting them so much cheaper than the market value. So good for all those guys!
Sponsored