Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some people are seeing it as a status symbol. I have my 2 door that was finally delivered in December and the people who know about the bronco and know about the upcharges assume I’m some hot shot for owning something that’s practically impossible to get at this point.

I’ve had a few people walk up and ask “how did you you go about getting that!” Pointing to the bronco
I been asked that. I tell them the truth I took my superduty in for service they had two mannequins I got to drive one as a loaner overnight. My wife say drop a deposit on it if it’s not spoken for. Done deal. Dealer did not as any mark up other than the accessories ford made them add.
Sponsored

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is kind of an unfair way to judge people. I paid 20k over MSRP because I can. I wanted one right now, and I have the money to get what I want. The kind of people that are spending 70k on an outer banks, or 90k on a WT aren't doing it while working minimum wage jobs. You have to think about it in the mind of someone that spends 20k on things like a nice weekend. Frankly, anyone that tells me I'm an idiot or judges me, or anyone I know based on how we spend money is just them projecting on how bad they feel they can't afford to just throw away 20k on a literal toy. :p

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2 Dr Bd Sas on order for MSRP(with countersigned order sheet). Probably be at least a year before I see it. My dealer just texted me a pic of almost same build Badlands that someone “backed out of“ that’s on their showroom floor.., asking $15k ADM. I’m going to track how long it lasts. Im not paying $15k ADM even though I could. In 2 years, you have lost that $15k and more in depreciation. I just can’t justify that bad of a financial decision.
Why wait to lose $15K in depreciation over 2 years when you can lose $15K in the stock market in an hour?!

Last edited:

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, saw an ad a couple of days ago for a Bronco for $177,000. Someone must have an awesome crack pipe or some good mushrooms! Impulse buys will always overrule logic!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is kind of an unfair way to judge people. I paid 20k over MSRP because I can. I wanted one right now, and I have the money to get what I want. The kind of people that are spending 70k on an outer banks, or 90k on a WT aren't doing it while working minimum wage jobs. You have to think about it in the mind of someone that spends 20k on things like a nice weekend. Frankly, anyone that tells me I'm an idiot or judges me, or anyone I know based on how we spend money is just them projecting on how bad they feel they can't afford to just throw away 20k on a literal toy. :p
Why do some big spenders assume critique, is just other people wishing they could afford to be like them? Talk about being full of yourselves.

Sponsored

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do some big spenders assume critique, is just other people wishing they could afford to be like them? Talk about being full of yourselves.
Wouldn't that be the same as calling those people dumb for doing it? Perhaps the ones that say that are actually just as dumb because they can't get a job to afford it?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes but the service departments are killing it. Dealers always win just like Vegas and Tunica.
ADM is everywhere. Went to a Jeep dealer a few days ago. Everything, both on lot and orders, was $10k. Only 2-3 new gladiators and no Wranglers at all on the lot. Salesman said they go out the day they come in. So folks are clearly paying it. I get why of the ADM. It's a matter of keeping the lights on. If they used to sell 4-5 new cars a day and now its 4-5 cars a week because thats all they're given, if that, meeting payroll and finding folks to sell on commission is difficult. Personally, I will not pay any ADM. Have a signed sales agreement for MSRP for our Bronc (if that's even worth anything). In another year, I think we'll see more than a few dealers closing the doors. Strange times indeed.

Take care. Contented

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, people are paying $20k over. Many more are paying $10-$15k over.

It's all a matter of degree. Some folks may think it's stupid to pay $6 for a coffee, and others may buy one or two every day.

Nobody gets to tell you how to spend your money. If $20k is meaningless to you, and you want a Bronco, spend it -- what the hell. Life is short. I won't call anybody stupid if they know what they are doing and choose to spend it. There are a lot of really wealthy people in the world who don't fret about $20k.

That being said -- I'm not one of them, at least not yet. LOL.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#BestFirstPostEver

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
based on a financial decision judgement only, Spending $20k ADM just because you CAN, doesn’t make it smart financially. Spending $20k ADM when you really CAN’T just makes it a worse decision. So yes, mathematically paying an ADM is dumb. Emotionally, if it makes you feel better, life is short, you got money, can’t take it with you, understood.

Plenty of people with a TON of money would NEVER pay an ADM. They are either financially frugal, or don’t really care to have the latest vehicle before everyone else. Your perspective and reason for paying ADM isn’t shared by everyone who has money to throw away.

Sponsored

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
based on a financial decision judgement only, Spending $20k ADM just because you CAN, doesn’t make it smart financially. Spending $20k ADM when you really CAN’T just makes it a worse decision. So yes, mathematically paying an ADM is dumb. Emotionally, if it makes you feel better, life is short, you got money, can’t take it with you, understood.

Plenty of people with a TON of money would NEVER pay an ADM. They are either financially frugal, or don’t really care to have the latest vehicle before everyone else. Your perspective and reason for paying ADM isn’t shared by everyone who has money to throw away.
Everything you're saying is all subjective. My point is there are numerous people on these here forums, and on the Facebook groups that seem to think people who paid more than MSRP by large sums of money are ignorant, or dumb. I'm merely pointing out that perhaps it's those people that are projecting ignorance since they don't have the capability to earn as much as the people throwing down an extra 20k just because they can.

The same logic you used is used in opposition. The perspective of anyone saying it's dumb to do it isn't shared by everyone. If it were, no one would be purchasing the over priced rigs.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I look at it like this. Everyone has their limit of what they’ll be willing to spend. For some, they won’t go over MSRP out of principle. Others still refuse to even pay MSRP and likely aren’t buying a car right now.

20k ADM was over my limit I was willing to pay in ADM. I made a limit of 5k and went to work searching. Ended up getting one 50 miles away from home (Buffalo, MN - Morries Ford) with a 4K ADM. I was going to buy the Blue Lux package Outer Banks they had but someone from California bought it over the phone while I was driving to the dealership. They had a Cyber Orange Big Bend with the same 4K ADM and it’s in my garage right now.

Everyone has their boundaries for what they are willing to spend and that is the easiest way to say the market decides the prices not what the manufacturer recommends. For decades the consumers were in the driver seat paying less. Now? Well the dealer are enjoying the turning of the tables.

Same goes for house prices. There is a reason your house is worth way more than two years ago. There is someone out there willing to spend stupid money on it. So much money you likely never thought your house could be worth as much as it is. I was looking to move but 50k over asking price and no inspection is the going offer in my market. Because that is unreasonable for me I won’t be buying a new house….but someone else is.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I look at it like this. Everyone has their limit of what they’ll be willing to spend. For some, they won’t go over MSRP out of principle. Others still refuse to even pay MSRP and likely aren’t buying a car right now.

20k ADM was over my limit I was willing to pay in ADM. I made a limit of 5k and went to work searching. Ended up getting one 50 miles away from home (Buffalo, MN - Morries Ford) with a 4K ADM. I was going to buy the Blue Lux package Outer Banks they had but someone from California bought it over the phone while I was driving to the dealership. They had a Cyber Orange Big Bend with the same 4K ADM and it’s in my garage right now.

Everyone has their boundaries for what they are willing to spend and that is the easiest way to say the market decides the prices not what the manufacturer recommends. For decades the consumers were in the driver seat paying less. Now? Well the dealer are enjoying the turning of the tables.

Same goes for house prices. There is a reason your house is worth way more than two years ago. There is someone out there willing to spend stupid money on it. So much money you likely never thought your house could be worth as much as it is. I was looking to move but 50k over asking price and no inspection is the going offer in my market. Because that is unreasonable for me I won’t be buying a new house….but someone else is.
I think that this is probably the best way to put it. Even more so for homes. My wife and I paid 1.9MM for our home that was literally sold 3 years ago for 1.2. They were asking 1.4MM, but just like everything else in the world right now, if you want something, it's going to cost you. We could have probably kept searching for another few months and spent a little less, but we liked it. It's the same for cars. Almost identically in fact, the amounts are just a bit lower.

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for saying this.

I’m shocked that all these assumed adults on here don’t understand that there are people that leverage high wages, mutual funds, stocks, inheritances, etc.

The whole “paying ADM is stupid” narrative that clogs this forum is puzzling to me :unsure:

Finances are relative. Maybe 20k is a lot of money to you and me, but I know people that have spent close to that on an a excursion featuring fine dining and coke…acola in a weekend with nothing tangible to show for it other than exhilarating hedonism.

“Money is power” is the adage… It affords you the power to have options, like not having to sit and wait 2 years for a completely impractical vehicle. We could all be idiots merely for buying a 6,000 pound brick on wheels at sticker to compared to Johnny Prius with oil prices reaching all-time highs :eek:

Or as you insinuated, merely jealousy causes these irrational negative comments.

Keep getting that money!

#FreeMarket
#OnlyInMurica
Ford Bronco Are people actually buying at 20K over MSRP AC8BACD6-F9F0-47E4-B979-4CAF95AE61C8

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With all these threads talking about people selling their Broncos at 20K over MSRP, are there actually people buying them? I see a lot of the same ones on Craigslist where I live Week after Week, although I see a few either removed or sold. One fella had a first Edition 4 Door listed at 98K. Does anyone know anybody that has actually bought from a second party at the ridiculous inflated price's?
According to the independent Insurance industry evaluation service that evaluated my totalled Bronco, yes. The insurance evaluation service said Bronco's are retailing for $20k over sticker and that's what they gave me without me arguing anything.
Sponsored