Sponsored

Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too!

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Wildtrack is currently being built and I'm putting together a shopping list of stuff... I'm going to get front flaps, but are rears necessary? I know the front tires throw everything onto the doors, but does much land on the "rear" quarters? I guess show me you mud/dirt/snow pics!

I'm considering the following (any thoughts):
- Blumak3d Mudflaps https://blumak3d.com/products/rock-rail-front-mud-flaps-for-ford-bronco-sasquatch-only
- Broflaps https://www.etsy.com/listing/1194533600/
- Rallyarmor Flaps https://www.rallyarmor.com/index.ph...ck-rail-plastic-bumper-mud-flaps-c-60_359_381
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I only ran front flaps for the first year, I ended up adding rears to "even out" the look and keep the rear bumper clean.

Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! 20230916_110946

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Blymak3D ones meant for sasquatch. They are, in my opinion, the most clean and OEM looking mud flaps on the market. Their construction and simplicity is amazing as well. The only thing is you need to have the OEM rock sliders.

I needed to slightly trim the inside part of mine because my wheel and tire setup was rubbing when turning by basically a few mm. It might be partly because my Badlands wasn't sasquatched so it sits .43" lower than a true sas. And I added Method 706 17x8.5 0 offset wheels along with 315/70/17 Wildpeak tires. The wildpeaks have an aggressive edge to the sidewall that was rubbing the mudflap.

1Y7A5178-beach.jpg

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have not changed the tire size on my SaS'd Outerbanks, so having said that, I'm running with what Ford decided was a proper rear set up for "flaps". Now I did change out the tires and wheels to 16" rims and a better off road type tire, but the size remained the same. And yes, I did flap the fronts from kicking stuff up on the doors/sides.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! P_20240128_161409
Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! PXL_20240309_192548153

Even with the front mini mud flaps and +30 wheels, I still get a shit ton of spray.

Rear mud flaps will keep the rear hatch and glass much cleaner, plus I think all trucks and vehicles with offroad tires should have rear mud flaps to prevent slinging rocks at others.

I have a bike rack or utility trailer hooked up to the rear often, so for me rear mud flaps are a must.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! PXL_20240309_192548153

Even with the front mini mud flaps and +30 wheels, I still get a shit ton of spray.

Rear mud flaps will keep the rear hatch and glass much cleaner, plus I think all trucks and vehicles with offroad tires should have rear mud flaps to prevent slinging rocks at others.

I have a bike rack or utility trailer hooked up to the rear often, so for me rear mud flaps are a must.
thank you!

OP
OP

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the Blymak3D ones meant for sasquatch. They are, in my opinion, the most clean and OEM looking mud flaps on the market. Their construction and simplicity is amazing as well. The only thing is you need to have the OEM rock sliders.

I needed to slightly trim the inside part of mine because my wheel and tire setup was rubbing when turning by basically a few mm. It might be partly because my Badlands wasn't sasquatched so it sits .43" lower than a true sas. And I added Method 706 17x8.5 0 offset wheels along with 315/70/17 Wildpeak tires. The wildpeaks have an aggressive edge to the sidewall that was rubbing the mudflap.

My thoughs exactly. BLY3d look the best without any extras. id go 100% with them if they had a simple solution for the rear. I am putting on FB found rocksliders as the hate the weld and im tall (6'8") so i don't need steps. plus will protect a little bit :p

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mud flaps are 100% necessary. Especially the front flaps since they will protect your side from rock chips. I had some pretty good nicks the first month and got mud flaps and that helped protect the paint.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't noticed a need for the rear flaps, the fronts are a no brainer. Even with 17x9 -6 offset wheels the rear body stays clean but the bumper ends get dirty, no big deal.

Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! My_Bronco3

Sponsored

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Slinging rocks at others”… stock tires throw rocks… trying to be nice to others… lol

the plastic ones work on the streets, but my intent is to use the soft set I bought if I can ever get the brackets right…

Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! IMG_3739

Ford Bronco Are rear mud flaps "necessary"? Show me some pics too! IMG_3738

Last edited:

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot to note… the ones I am currently using come off very quickly with small thumb screws.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only duallies are required to run mud flaps. Your choice what you want to do on your Bronco. If it “needed” them they would come off the assembly line with them, And not as a just an option.
Sponsored