Sponsored

Are Tie Rods really THAT big of an issue for Broncos?

Crash_Dummy

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you're tracking. It is an Explorer/Ranger tierod and is not an officially recognized replacement, I just discovered it's an exact fit through trial and error back when original tierods were hard to get a hold of.
Ahh, gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Have you used one long term yet to find out if it holds up well?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh, gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Have you used one long term yet to find out if it holds up well?
I actually haven't even broken one of my originals yet and with my driving style I might not ever. Carnage sells though so maybe I need to thrash them harder.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey look, somebody used actual facts to disprove common myths....
Maybe you can clarify the difference between facts and “actual facts”. I worked many years with a gentleman who always quoted actual facts as if they were superior to facts. 😂

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DOOD! seriously?! that is an amazing kit! I am buying now if you have them in stock! BAH Sold out! I have bookmarked the page and will stalk you until they arrive!
I'm working on getting them in asap. And a premium version with a nice puller.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually haven't even broken one of my originals yet and with my driving style I might not ever. Carnage sells though so maybe I need to thrash them harder.
Well, after watching your adventures, this could be the last post in this thread...'nough said.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have a link to a quality tie rod replacement? I have a big bend that is still basically stock. I upgraded to 33 inch tires, but that only added less than an inch in clearance. I’m not worried about breaking a tire rod, but it would be good to have a spare just in case.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I plan on the broncbuster bushing and steering rack on my 3" lifted SAS soon as they go on sale ($350 for a piece of plastic is a bit high). I already have the braces. Tyler explains it well on their youtube channel. Basically, any time you change those angles with a lift, you run risk of wearing down the rack (metal/plastic shavings). For stock or non-lifted SAS, no need for any of their stuff as long as you're sticking to easier trails. But yeah, the TD tierod repair kit is also a good insurance policy........if they are ever in stock! ;)
The price of the BroncBuster bushing is a flipping joke … Rough Country rack bushing is $50.

Also dump his silly block and get some upgraded Icon tie rods.

Then buy Tricky Dick’s trail repair kit, or buy a few $15 replacement Ranger tie rods if you have the tools ! … and youre good to go. JMO.

Last edited:

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shit happens! The fact anyone is breaking these is testament to a weak link. Start loosening the torque limits on these engines with tuners and what not, and you may see more instances of breakage. I've seen guys break more shit when they didn't know what they were doing, than seasoned veteran off-roaders, the former which is going to be about 90% of Bronco owners. I wouldn't call them stupid. But let's face it, most of us learn from our mistakes because we did something stupid.

If you tend to go on off-road excursions alone, or just getting to a remote hunting area, most upgrades are cheap insurance. If you ever had to do an off-road repair in a remote area in mud up to your knees, or leave your rig in a place for days where people that want to make you squeal like a pig roam, you'll wish you spent the money on an upgrade you installed in the comfort of your garage with full access to all your tools. If you're not capable of repairing, Lord help you hiring someone to go and retrieve your rig. You will get your money's worth, if you can avoid such an experience.

If it never happens, great. A set of Icon's tie rods or Buster's sleeves are in the $400 range. You just spent something north of 100 times that on a new Bronco. If it gives you confidence and you can afford it, don't let the bravado here talk you out of it. We don't all wheel in the same back yard or in large, well-equipped groups.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The price of the BroncBuster bushing is a flipping joke … Rough Country rack bushing is $50.

Also dump his silly block and get some upgraded Icon tie rods.

Then buy Tricky Dick’s trail repair kit, or buy a few $15 replacement Ranger tie rods if you have the tools ! … and youre good to go. JMO.
I’m not dumping the silly blocks. Stock tie rods with the braces are just as strong as the icons. As far as the rack housing and bushing, I installed both from BB. If only 74Weld’s option was available 6 months ago, I would have jumped in that. American made housing and bushing for $500 less than BB. But I have the BB stuff and am happy with the quality albeit the high price. You can keep the RC bushing.
Sponsored