Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the flip side, I trust some of these nanny systems far more than I do the natural driving ability of lots of these other folks out there lol. If blind spot monitoring is gonna save me from getting side swiped off the road by someone texting and changing lanes then I’ll deal with the annoyance
lowest common denominator
Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably a Year 1 Lease.
Since I won't be keeping a Gen 1 of the BroncoBronco, something off the lot once the price stabilizes and they need to move stock will probably gain me a few bucks saved each month.
THEN, if I love it.. the Gen 2 will be custom config and bought.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Probably a Year 1 Lease.
Since I won't be keeping a Gen 1 of the BroncoBronco, something off the lot once the price stabilizes and they need to move stock will probably gain me a few bucks saved each month.
THEN, if I love it.. the Gen 2 will be custom config and bought.
Is it 1965?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It depends really... Part of me wants to buy lightly used because I don't want to support Ford's recent behavior, but part of me knows this will probably be one of the last new cars I'll ever want to buy. Either way, I most likely won't custom order... I don't want the Bronco bad enough to warrant the extra cost of custom ordering. I'll trade off on some options to be able to save a nice wad of cash. As appealing as this vehicle will be, I'm sure you'll be able to buy manual variants for just a bit over wholesale when they're trying to get the 2021 models off the lot for the inbound 2022 models. But if I absolutely can't find a manual Bronco with MOST of the options I want, I guess I'll have no choice but to custom order

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends really... Part of me wants to buy lightly used because I don't want to support Ford's recent behavior, but part of me knows this will probably be one of the last new cars I'll ever want to buy. Either way, I most likely won't custom order... I don't want the Bronco bad enough to warrant the extra cost of custom ordering. I'll trade off on some options to be able to save a nice wad of cash. As appealing as this vehicle will be, I'm sure you'll be able to buy manual variants for just a bit over wholesale when they're trying to get the 2021 models off the lot for the inbound 2022 models. But if I absolutely can't find a manual Bronco with MOST of the options I want, I guess I'll have no choice but to custom order
It doesn’t cost extra to custom order for Ford that I know of. It’s just a matter of waiting the 2-3 months for your car to get built and shipped.

My dealer liked the fact I was ordering because they knew they’d be selling a car the moment it hit the lot without getting charged any interest

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It doesn’t cost extra to custom order for Ford that I know of. It’s just a matter of waiting the 2-3 months for your car to get built and shipped.

My dealer liked the fact I was ordering because they knew they’d be selling a car the moment it hit the lot without getting charged any interest
It costs more considering that if you buy dealer stock that has been sitting for a while, you can usually get it for near wholesale cost, whereas you're paying (if you're lucky) a bit over invoice if you custom order

I just custom ordered my 2018 Mustang a couple years back. I probably could've gotten it a few grand cheaper if I waited and bought dealer stock

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It costs more considering that if you buy dealer stock that has been sitting for a while, you can usually get it for near wholesale cost, whereas you're paying (if you're lucky) a bit over invoice if you custom order

I just custom ordered my 2018 Mustang a couple years back. I probably could've gotten it a few grand cheaper if I waited and bought dealer stock
That’s where ChrispyKC comes in ;)

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s where ChrispyKC comes in ;)
Chrispy sells for just above invoice, which while a good deal relative to other dealerships (especially for custom orders) is still not quite as good as waiting and buying leftover lot stock. it's absolutely worth it if it's a vehicle you plan on keeping for the forseeable future and are very particular about its spec (which is why I custom ordered my Mustang), but I don't necessarily expect the Bronco to be that kind of vehicle for me, which is why I'm happy saving money by buying off the lot

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any really good dealer should be able to order what you want for their dealer stock. Now most will say that is not what we do or will want you to put up money down. I told subaru dealer what I wanted they ordered it as a dealer order I took delivery the day it came in.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Extra cost does not mean additional fees. It does cost more to custom order than it does to pick from dealer inventory, but there's no additional fees to custom ordering

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Extra cost does not mean additional fees. It does cost more to custom order than it does to pick from dealer inventory, but there's no additional fees to custom ordering
That has never been my experience. We have personally "ordered' 3 Fords and through work, I have ordered 50+ trucks. Not once was there an additional fee/cost/price change for ordering exactly what we wanted/needed/

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That has never been my experience. We have personally "ordered' 3 Fords and through work, I have ordered 50+ trucks. Not once was there an additional fee/cost/price change for ordering exactly what we wanted/needed/
Holy shit, can we please try READING?
Extra cost does not mean additional fees.
I'm not saying cost on paper is greater. I'm saying... please read closely... YOU CAN GET A CAR CHEAPER BUYING LEFTOVER DEALER STOCK THAN IF YOU ORDER A CAR FROM THE FACTORY

yeah, bullshit. Assuming you're actually comprehending what I'm saying, this is a load of crap. I paid about $45k for my near fully-optioned Mustang order (a pretty good deal, considering it was still way under MSRP), yet after I picked it up and had it a couple months, I started finding the same car with pretty much all the same options (some had ACC without recaros and stuff like that, but similar MSRPs) for $40k at lots because it was leftover dealer stock. Again, to make it clear, YOU CAN GET A CAR CHEAPER IF YOU BUY NEAR THE END OF THE MODEL YEAR AND PICK FROM THE LEFTOVERS ON THE LOT THAN YOU CAN ORDERING THE CAR FROM THE FACTORY.

I know this may be cutting into your bottom dollar, but it's the truth
Sponsored