Sponsored

Are you going to custom-order your Bronco or pick one off the lot?

Order custom or pick off the lot?

• Total voters

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gladiators are lined up on lots in TX and already seeing similar discounting as Rubicons and rest of the models.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW the Gladiator Rubicon starts at $43,875 but there are only 2 for sale on my local CL for 59k and 62k.

Now we need Chrispy to chime in and promise no dealer markups if we all buy through him! Lol.
And this is why Iā€™m not too worried. Jeeps are crazy marked up with options, a base ā€œrubiconā€ Bronco at $40k would be fine by me. Just gimme my locking diffs, tow package, and electronic switch package (for winch/lights etc) and Iā€™ll be happy.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The lariat ranger loaded up is 48k as I saw it sitting on dealership floor. I do not think ford would want to price this thing in line with their lariat and up f150s. That gets into premium suv truck categories and not the intended market for this. I imagine the 2.3 liter ford motor and a v6 option engine choices which will probably make half the people here mad.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The lariat ranger loaded up is 48k as I saw it sitting on dealership floor. I do not think ford would want to price this thing in line with their lariat and up f150s. That gets into premium suv truck categories and not the intended market for this. I imagine the 2.3 liter ford motor and a v6 option engine choices which will probably make half the people here mad.
I think the new vehicle situation has in some respects jumped the shark in terms of price, and also some people have lost their minds in terms of financial sense. (Easy credit and a few other ingredients are probably to blame.) A buddy of mine dropped 50 grand on a new Rubicon (which he never takes off-road). Maybe Ford wants in on that action. I can't really blame them.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the new vehicle situation has in some respects jumped the shark in terms of price, and also some people have lost their minds in terms of financial sense. (Easy credit and a few other ingredients are probably to blame.) A buddy of mine dropped 50 grand on a new Rubicon (which he never takes off-road). Maybe Ford wants in on that action. I can't really blame them.
I agree, prices are so outrageous itā€™s amazing anybody is even buying right now.
Im back and forth debating a new $80k power stroke. One day itā€™s king ranch, one day itā€™s Lariat, and then the next day I wanna slap myself for even considering it. The price is a huge hurdle but canā€™t stand cloth interiors. If I decide I canā€™t afford to stay in a loaded with leather truck with a regular 60 month loan Iā€™ll just keep my current truck.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™d prefer to custom order. Hopefully Ford does not combine packages with certain features that I donā€™t want( like adaptive cruise control or auto rain sensing wipers). Manual transmission( if it still happens) may also be difficult to find on the lot.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully Ford does not combine packages with certain features that I donā€™t want
Agree 100%. For example Wrangler combines A/C with a dozen other techno-junk options. What a rip-off!!

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing you are over looking is that is MSRP does not include the 20-30 percent markup from invoice, any rebates, and dealer hold back that is built into the truck or suvs especially domestic ones.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One thing you are over looking is that is MSRP does not include the 20-30 percent markup from invoice, any rebates, and dealer hold back that is built into the truck or suvs especially domestic ones.
So when I'm looking at prices on Ford's website are you saying add 20-30% on that? My understanding is the price it says online plus the 1500 or whatever destination but I've never bought a new vehicle.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when I'm looking at prices on Ford's website are you saying add 20-30% on that? My understanding is the price it says online plus the 1500 or whatever destination but I've never bought a new vehicle.

What? The prices you see on the Ford dealers website is suggest manufactures retail price it is not the price you pay, dealers set the prices and typically depending on the vehicles for F150s there is 20 percent in mark up so a 50 thousand dollar truck will sell for around 38-40 grand typically before any manufacture rebates come off. You only pay MSRP if you are a super mark for any dealer trying to stiff you on any of their vehicles, period. I doubt the markup from invoice is that large for smaller vehicles like the Ranger/ Bronco but still should be 10-15 percent off and then expect maker rebates to follow within 12-15 months.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I just wanted to check .... "YES!" ....don't have that option though.

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Iā€™d prefer to custom order. Hopefully Ford does not combine packages with certain features that I donā€™t want( like adaptive cruise control or auto rain sensing wipers). Manual transmission( if it still happens) may also be difficult to find on the lot.

I've always hated the package system. I'm not an idiot, so I dont NEED the lane keep assist and forward collision warning yada yada. I just want a teeny bit of tech with 4wd. Hell, I'm not even opposed to roll up windows haha

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've always hated the package system. I'm not an idiot, so I dont NEED the lane keep assist and forward collision warning yada yada. I just want a teeny bit of tech with 4wd. Hell, I'm not even opposed to roll up windows haha
Is it too much to ask for the option for heated seats and heated steering wheel on all trim levels? I do like the cloth heated seats in my 2015 f-150 xlt and will not order another vehicle without them.

Ford needs to get with the times and make LED headlights standard on all models sold In the USA. Hell, i think even Chevy had HIDā€™s standard on all pickup trim levels on the last generation silverado. Itā€™s embarrassing that at $20,000 Totota Corolla has better headlights than any Ford truck under $60,000.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true, A/C is a stand alone option only on the Sport trim. Every other trim level comes with A/C standard, but I understand and agree with your sentiment in general.

Bullshit. The most important safety feature of any car is the person behind the wheel. I know there are certain "acts of god" type scenarios where the driver can't possibly prevent an accident, but in those cases, active safety features and better lights almost certainly would make no difference.

I am all for passive safety features (crumple zones, seat belts, air bags, structural reinforcement, etc.), but I despise active safety features (traction/stability control, lane keep assist, blind spot warnings, automatic braking, back up cameras, etc.). I don't mind active safety systems being available for those that want them, but I absolutely do not want them forced on me. I think they give people a false sense of security and encourage people to be even worse drivers and become increasingly distracted with tasks other than driving.
On the flip side, I trust some of these nanny systems far more than I do the natural driving ability of lots of these other folks out there lol. If blind spot monitoring is gonna save me from getting side swiped off the road by someone texting and changing lanes then Iā€™ll deal with the annoyance
Sponsored