First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably won't know for sure until Ford sorts out its supply chain issues, however 3rd party syndicated results may play a role in future sales volumes.

I work for an OEM as a data scientist in product quality. One of the big KPIs is JD Power's IQS (Initial Quality Study). I can't provide any hard data, but Wrangler placed 4th whereas Bronco placed 13th in the segment. Most of Bronco's quality issues are indicative of a newly launched vehicle and are consistent with what many on this site have complained about. The only categories where Bronco beats Wrangler is "Driving Experience" and "Powertrain."

On the Consumer Reports side, both the Bronco and the Wrangler round out the bottom of the segment, mostly because they have horrible Road Tests and low Predicted Reliability. But these two vehicles have little in common with the rest of the segment. Bronco has a much better road test score than Wrangler and has a higher owner satisfaction score. Quality is rated about the same. Neither vehicle is "recommended" by Consumer Reports.

KBB's "10 Most Fun SUVs of 2022" has Bronco slated as #1 and Wrangler as #3.
Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford sold a ton of Jeeps by not being able to produce Broncos fast enough.
LOL, true! I never considered a Jeep until Ford decided to wallow in incompetence.

Bronco reserved 7/16/20, ordered 3/21, re-ordered 10/21, still getting the finger from Ford.

Jeep ordered 12/01/21, built 2/22 and delivered on 3/11/22, roughly 120 days.

I still want the Bronco and plan on trading this in when/if it ever does get built and delivered.
Ford Bronco Article: Wrangler still outsells Bronco 2 to 1. Here's why. jeepnoto

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What parts does the Wrangler share from other "cars", apart perhaps from the motor choices?
Chrysler is know to share parts where Chevy and Ford are know to make part for specific vehicles. Breaks, rotors, electronics and dash components.

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You hit the nail with that. Fiat/ Chrysler have never made significant improvements to the jeep. They just keep putting a bandaid over the real problems. As of the 22 year they still fall short on the crash test nor have they fixed the steering isues. I've owned a tj,my and a jk they were all uncomfortable to drive and scared the hell out of me. My girlfriend even refused to drive them to the store. The difference between the two is day and night.
I can relate ! I have followed behind my spouses JK while a " death wobble " was occurring, ( and at the time the dealers were saying things like " we have NO IDEA why its doing that " or writing " can not duplicate " yet " customer states " o the invoice ) and I was terrified at what I was seeing - like the wheels went from round to square in the blink of an eye ! Crazy sh_t !!

Sponsored

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm kinda the opposite guy. Jeep was never on my radar. I grew up always thinking how cool a Jeep would be. Then over the years I've toyed with it, but I've rented a few and couldn't see myself driving them for longer than the rental period. I went from a full sized Tundra Limited w/TRD to the Bronco, and I actually still have a pending deposit on a Tundra TRD Pro...whenever that shows up...but if I didn't get the Bronco, I'd still be sitting in the Tundra and waiting on the new Tundra. Jeep was never going to get my 60k+. No, the Tundra can't do what the Bronco can, but I wouldn't have felt I was missing anything either because both would be daily drivers with some weekend fun thrown in.

Meh. I have had a 1966 CJ5 V6 with Factory Hardtop and dealer installed AM radio. It was so early in the production run the owners manual had full page stickers over the 4 cylinder information for the Buick source V6. It would pick the front tires off the ground if you could get it from 1st to 2nd fast enough. I also had a TJ with the Iron Duke. Jeeps are fine. Ford did a great job giving the design to everyone for the bid during WW2, and then building them when Kaiser Willy's couldn't fulfil the contract.

Jeep and Bronco, for me, isn't a competition, but more of a evolution thing. One started as a military, lowest bidder failed to deliver so Ford built it after designing it vehicle that has turned into a cult and one was always a consumer vehicle that has moved up market.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL, true! I never considered a Jeep until Ford decided to wallow in incompetence.

Bronco reserved 7/16/20, ordered 3/21, re-ordered 10/21, still getting the finger from Ford.

I still want the Bronco and plan on trading this in when/if it ever does get built and delivered.
Ford Bronco Article: Wrangler still outsells Bronco 2 to 1. Here's why. jeepnoto
Nice JL though. The wait made Jeeps look way better to me too. Especially after they upped their game with the engine options. A rubicon with the 390 was so tempting. When I finally got my bronco build date, it saved me 20k compared to the jeep I built in my head.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We’re almost at the same point, for slightly different reasons, even though we seem to be in the home stretch of the wait. That is, surprise ADM’s and the like. For us a similarly equipped Jeep is $6k more. Yesterday Mrs Contented came home and said she saw a new Jeep at Publix in High Velocity Clearcoat, a cross between yellow and lime green, and how great it looked. She said if our Ford dealer gives us any more problems, High Velocity Clearcoat will be the color of our new Jeep. I’m perfectly ok with that.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we need an article to compare why a vehicle that has been in production for decades and someone can walk in and buy is outselling one that was just launched and has a 2 year waiting period? :ROFLMAO:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Paul Wraith & the design team hit a home run....though since their design took so many styling cues from the original, perhaps the real accolades belong in the 1960s.

In execution however, Ford performs more like a highschool Junior Achievement club. They suck big time.

I agree it’s a home run design. The only irk for me is the swing gate. Constantly wish they just put a tailgate on this thing and either stood the spare up in the trunk or did a full size undermount like the gladiator.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
stood the spare up in the trunk or did a full size undermount like the gladiator.
They could always have gone full safari-mode & put the spare atop the hood :)

My dog is always with me in the Bronco, so I agree the swing gate is a pain. But....small price to pay...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than upgrading the seats, don't know how that platform has room for innovation. You can only go so far with a front solid axle. If they went IFS, jeep people would freak out. They have kinda boxed themselves in, look how Jeep purest acted to the Gladiator. They hated it.
I agree 100%. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place with that design. Any major modifications will alienate a loyal fan base and be seen as a knee jerk reaction to a better Bronco.

The only chance they have to reset the board is to do it on the fully electric wrangler. Anyone shopping for that will already be open to a pretty big change. They will also have a fully electrified model first which will be an advantage to pull the early adopters. On the flip side Ford will get to correct their oversights again.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

jeepnotop.jpg
Ford Bronco Article: Wrangler still outsells Bronco 2 to 1. Here's why. 20220708_175125

Nice Jeep!!!!

Did you know when you order a jeep, they put all customer orders ahead of any dealer inventory. Pretty crazy right??? or is it.

JLs are leagues ahead of JKs. They really improved them a bunch.
Sponsored