Sponsored

Auto Start Stop Engine Light Keeps Leaving Me Stranded.

miguel13

Badlands
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 21 SAS Badlands 2 door with the 2.7 and I have had this issue for 3 months. While driving multiple warning lights including engine light, pre collision assist warning, 4x4 off, service advance track, service now and more come on and my engine shuts off. The bronco still has power and can go into accessory mode but the engine will not crank or attempt to turn back on. I left it at my home town dealer and they reset the pcm and it seemed to work fine until the issue came back. Now at college I have been left stranded again and took it to the local dealer where they held on to it for 3 weeks and claimed they got help from the engineering hotline but only reset the pcm once again. After I picked it up I was left stranded again twice within 2 days. I called ford customer service and they canā€™t help me. The dealerships canā€™t help me. Nobody will help me. As a prior ford family dealership owner, I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with how ford and other dealers have attempted to help.
My ford pass app tells me it is an issue with the auto start stop feature. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure sounds like a grounding issue somewhere. They can be tricky to hunt down. Itā€™s a bummer for sure.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called ford customer service and they canā€™t help me. The dealerships canā€™t help me. Nobody will help me.
I sure would hope your dealer checked this as itā€™s a well known issue, but check your fuse block connections. Many have been loose and exhibited these exact errors.
Maybe Ford associates should be required to read this forum. Welcome to the club Miguel

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 21 SAS Badlands 2 door with the 2.7 and I have had this issue for 3 months. While driving multiple warning lights including engine light, pre collision assist warning, 4x4 off, service advance track, service now and more come on and my engine shuts off. The bronco still has power and can go into accessory mode but the engine will not crank or attempt to turn back on. I left it at my home town dealer and they reset the pcm and it seemed to work fine until the issue came back. Now at college I have been left stranded again and took it to the local dealer where they held on to it for 3 weeks and claimed they got help from the engineering hotline but only reset the pcm once again. After I picked it up I was left stranded again twice within 2 days. I called ford customer service and they canā€™t help me. The dealerships canā€™t help me. Nobody will help me. As a prior ford family dealership owner, I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with how ford and other dealers have attempted to help.
My ford pass app tells me it is an issue with the auto start stop feature. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
Hello! Send us a private message with your Broncoā€™s VIN and name & location of dealership. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with your concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WOW 3 posts in and u have issues.............

I own one and no issue bought USED !!!

Seems fishy to me !
Sensitive much??

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TAKE to the dealer, funny EVERYBODY is a internet mechanic.................

New cars are nothing to play with and could make it worse fiddling with something most have no clue on how stuff works.

From
The REAL Mechanic
He has taken it to the dealer and they have been no help they reflashed the pcm and problem still coming back but you would have known that had you read the post

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No ??? Such a statement and U don't know me.

OP=ITS under warranty, take it in...........
Perhaps you may want to actually read and comprehend the posts before trying to make yourself look smart by tearing other folks down. The OP did take it in, his dealer reset the PCM, it happened again, he took it to another dealer, they had it THREE weeks, talked to Ford engineers, and they... reset the PCM. Then two days later it left him stranded again.

It is obviously a physical problem that people are trying to brainstorm since Ford and two of their dealers came up with nothing (after a month of having the vehicle in total).

You are not coming across as being clever, just abrasive, if that is your thing...super, have a great day! If not, well...you look foolish mocking people when you make it clear that you have no clue what is going on in the thread. Just a heads up, if you don't want to look foolish.
Sponsored