Sponsored

Auto start/stop no longer working since update.

breaddrink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else noticed this? It's not turning off any more at lights when it did continuously previous to the most recent update.

Battery voltage is above 14...Nothing I can see is any different.

Ideas?
Sponsored

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My first thought was the battery, For myself, if it's over 86 degrees or under 20 it doesn't turn off at redlights, Not sure if that's everyone though

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've noticed less and less auto stop since ownership if i'm honest. Rec'd in May/22, it was pretty aggressive early on, and lately.....I can't remember the last time it's shut off on me?

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not sure it is battery "Voltage" related, more battery health or Level. Mine has not worked in a good long time and only worked briefly after a trip from CA to UT and back. Within days it stopped working once again, then I put a battery tender on overnight and it worked again the next day.
When I last had the bronco serviced the report came back battery checked and passed but monitor said 71%.

OP
OP
breaddrink

breaddrink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I do now recall... I had a period of time where my network connectivity failed, and I couldn't reset it. It immediately came up with the error message, clearly without trying. Alexa wouldn't work... No connection.

I tried a soft reset of the software, and upon looking it up online, tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting. It did reset everything and afterwards connected and reset connectivity, restoring Alexa, etc.

Right at this same point the update installed... Sooo, maybe I ticked it off somehow.

No alerts. Battery voltage seems high as ever Temps here are in the 50's in the am right now, and there's maybe 4.5k on the odometer.

Last edited:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the 90’s here and it will shut off in a few seconds at a stop light. I rarely forget to turn that stupid feature off. I wonder if the cowboys horses laid down and went to sleep if they stopped for 3 seconds?

OP
OP
breaddrink

breaddrink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I do now recall... I had a period of time where my network connectivity failed, and I couldn't reset it. It immediately came up with the error message, clearly without trying. Alexa wouldn't work... No connection.

I tried a soft reset of the software, and upon looking it up online, tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and reconnecting. It did reset everything and afterwards connected and reset connectivity, restoring Alexa, etc.

Right at this same point the update installed... Sooo, maybe I ticked it off somehow.

No alerts. Battery voltage seems high as ever Temps here are in the 50's in the am right now, and there's maybe 4.5k on the odometer.
Ah, okay... I read in another thread that there's a start stop status on the settings (under the trip category).
It continuously lays the reason as being 'battery charging'.

Pretty young battery to be failing, but stranger things have happened.

I have it on a tender, so I'll see how it is in the morning.

I do hope my disconnect didn't screw with anything. It seemed completely uneventful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breaddrink

breaddrink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
count your blessings!
I guess I'm more concerned over electrical issues... Though if it is the update to blame, just a glitch.

Left it on a tender overnight... A full 15v after cranking while driving... Still the same message. 'vehicle charging'.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else noticed this? It's not turning off any more at lights when it did continuously previous to the most recent update.

Battery voltage is above 14...Nothing I can see is any different.

Ideas?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP
breaddrink

breaddrink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
So I found out that I could do a battery status reset, and since then it's been resuming start stop.

I think I'll let it run and see it it happens again, possibly suggesting a battery capacity issue.

May I ask, was anything changed in the most recent update in regards to the criteria for enacting an auto off?

Many thanks for getting back to me.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People use the start/stop on these cars? I think it is such a hassle and don't like the delay in starting to drive right away from a stop. I know it's only a second, but it just feels very odd to me.
Sponsored