Sponsored

Auto Start / Stop - how to permanently disable?

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Until ProCal gets approved - the external devices like AutoStop linked above are the most reliable way. I donā€™t know if itā€™s working on Fordscan with the ā€˜24s or not - it was hit or miss on the ā€˜23s.
I couldn't get ForScan to disable mine on my '24 even though it shows "disabled" and goes through the writing process. I haven't tried it yet with the latest update release though so it may work by now. I couldn't get the tire size adjustment to work either. Still shows off by 3-4 mph depending on speeds.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

For those with the tow package you can get a cheap trailer connect plug kit (or an old left over). Use the flat plug in your receiver connector and voila' no ass. Apparently if you're towing it's disabled.
So a 4-pin connector with the wires cut off plugged into the connector on the hitch?
I gotta try this.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So has anyone figured out how to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature with their Bronco? This feature is so annoying and is really unnecessary.
Forscan

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I couldn't get ForScan to disable mine on my '24 even though it shows "disabled" and goes through the writing process. I haven't tried it yet with the latest update release though so it may work by now. I couldn't get the tire size adjustment to work either. Still shows off by 3-4 mph depending on speeds.
I couldn't get Forscan to shut of ASS on my '23 either. I ended up getting ProCal and that solved it.

I've heard some of the external devices have issues with Manual transmissions. I don't have any first hand experience though.

I was able to get the tire adjustment on Forscan, it did take some trial and error to get it dialed in but I was able to get it set spot on for my 35's. But now that I have ProCal, it's a bit easier to do there if I need to redo it later on.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For MY23, I used the Ford tune, and then turned it off, and it stay in that position until I turn it on again, which I don't, because shit sucks.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a 4-pin connector with the wires cut off plugged into the connector on the hitch?
I gotta try this.
When you plug in a trailer connector it turns off the blind spot monitoring.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
An added bonus to this device is that it allows you to turn back on ASS anytime you want. If you wantā€¦
If only Ford would have put a button on the dash somewhere to control it without the need for a programmer to turn it off if the owner wants to.

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A) It's not annoying, it's barely even noticeable
B) It is, in fact, necessary for today's emission/economy standards. Manufacturers wouldn't spend the money to implement it if they didn't need to
C) There are numerous ways to disable it which have been beat to absolute death on this forum and internet wide
1. It IS annoying.
2. totally unnecessary, just BS govt regulatory overreach
3. So what, if itā€™s been beat to death, just answer the question to help someone out, jeez.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t mind the auto stop/start at all. I have no clue why some people donā€˜t like it.
When you're sitting at a long stoplight, with the engine off, the AC is not working.
If it's 110* or more (as it frequently is where I live) this is a problem.

billb1000

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes.

But why?
Importantly , the ASS can also be dangerous. The slight delay in getting the engine started can result in accidents. I almost was in a bad accident as I was trying to turn onto a busy street because the car delayed power delivery due to the ASS.
After that horrible experience I made sure that all my vehicles had it disabled. The $100 start/stop eliminator device works perfectly in my Bronco.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. It IS annoying.
2. totally unnecessary, just BS govt regulatory overreach
3. So what, if itā€™s been beat to death, just answer the question to help someone out, jeez.
The auto start stop feature is not a government regulation.

If you want to get into the stupidity of the CAFE standards I am all for that, and yes this is a byproduct of that nonsense, but the feature itself is not a mandate from the government.

Importantly , the ASS can also be dangerous. The slight delay in getting the engine started can result in accidents. I almost was in a bad accident as I was trying to turn onto a busy street because the car delayed power delivery due to the ASS.
After that horrible experience I made sure that all my vehicles had it disabled. The $100 start/stop eliminator device works perfectly in my Bronco.
Any proof to back that "dangerous" claim up? I have heard it once before and never heard a word to actually back it up.

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Use the Sport G.O.A.T. mode, it automatically disables A.S.S.
I have been doing this in our Ranger for five years and plan to do it in my Bronco (when it arrives)--it solves the problem for free! Of course, this only works if you like to drive around in Sport (which I do)...

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put an eliminator in over a year ago and I feel it was one of the best modifications I've done.
Sponsored