First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine shuts off on me everytime I pull in the garage for a millisecond before I get it in park. Then it starts right back up. It should have a little longer delay before it shuts off thats for sure.
Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your system must have a glitch if you only stepped on the brakes for a second it shouldn't turn off get it checked. Do what I do drive it in sport mode it is a lot more fun and you won't have to worry about auto stop.
I do wish there was a way to default Sport mode to 2H instead of 4A. I know it's just a button press but still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikey D

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your system must have a glitch if you only stepped on the brakes for a second it shouldn't turn off get it checked. Do what I do drive it in sport mode it is a lot more fun and you won't have to worry about auto stop.
Any mode will work, just turn it off. I'm absent minded - so I have to install the Auto Elim. The rest of world remembers everything.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure why there is so much frustration over Auto Start/Stop. I travel and rent a lot of cars, I can't remember the last time in the last couple years when I have rented ANY vehicle that does not have this installed and active. Lot's of people think this is a Ford thing when in all reality it is a more of a newer car thing. Like was said before. Forscan, Eliminator or just push the button....

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine shuts off on me everytime I pull in the garage for a millisecond before I get it in park. Then it starts right back up. It should have a little longer delay before it shuts off thats for sure.
I really don't mind it at stop lights, but this scenario does bug me. Happens on our 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sport mode is 2H??
On my Wildtrak it defaults to 4A. I always use the knob to put it back in 2H. I was just saying that it'd be nice if there was a way to set it so sport mode defaults to 2H instead.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... your engine cutout for a moment while turning? is that what you are trying to say?
If that's what happened then it's not start stop....there's also a steering wheel angle threshold that allows s/s.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a YouTube video from a Ford service tech explaining how an auto start stop eliminator interfered with the network of a Bronco, and caused all kinds of malfunctions. Your best bet is to use Forscan to turn it off.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dumbest feature they ever put on a vehicle. Serves no purpose but to use you starter more. Don’t talk to me about the environment either, when the people who make decisions are flying around on private jets

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So unless you had a defect, the start/stop only stops if you're standing on the brakes, not moving and, not trying to turn the steering wheel. Even letting off the brakes a tiny little bit or slight movement to the steering wheel, it re-starts.

So ya, you need to get your shit checked out or this is a non-issue...

I agree. Never was an issue for me in years of using it.
I understand people don’t like it but it saves gas as proven many times, and I believe there is no need to reject extra smoke and emission in this world when stationary or not needed, so I leave it on.

To say that this feature is dangerous is not a true statement

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Auto Stop Start is definitely dangerous, as it cut out while taking a U-turn on a major thruway today. The engine shut down in unusual situations will eventually lead to an accident - hopefully without serious injury. @Ford Motor Company please consider issuing a directive to Dealers to fix Auto Stop Start so it is in the OFF position upon start up. Or approve dealers to install Auto Eliminator approved by Ford. This is no joke, cutting engine in odd situations is very dangerous.
Wait, you received your Bronco and are actually driving it around???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.