Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just did this on the weekend and had the same "scare". They felt like they were tightening, and then popped. I went further and they tightened properly. I didn't look closely at it afterward, but it felt like they needed to "seat" on the fuse panel before threading in to the bottom part. I hope that makes sense.
Oh man you must have :poop: your pants on that happen! I just watched a video of an outfit that installed the upfitter switches after the fact. When he was doing the fuse box he said that they were screwing into plastic so be careful. I wish there was a torque setting then I could just check it!

I'll have to check back in a week after several heat cycles and see if they've gotten back to being loose. Sounds like loctite will work on plastic as well (at least some plastics).

Which gives me an idea.. maybe I'll mark the bolts and see if they are moving or if the fuse box itself is "settling" in.
Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shawn & Jill really do remind me of Hopper & Joyce from Stranger Things!
:ROFLMAO:
They are just as fun to watch!

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope folks post their results with this upgrade on this post. I’m thinking I might do this, but a little nervous about rattles from the removed panels, as well as potential electrical gremlins. Has everyone run the software update for the BCM? Is the new part to be updated just the fuse box? I wonder if it’s worth having a Ford dealer install the fuse box to avoid a future warranty issue.

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My results:

I actually managed to lessen my rattles when I put it all back together.

All my switches work without any issues. I did not do the programming, but probably will at some point.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The big question for me is, is it worth it? Is it worth the extra effort and cost or is it easier and more cost effective to run an aftermarket option?
My opinion: not worth the time and money. There are several aftermarket companies making nice switch panels that are easy to install, look good and not expensive.

Upfitters are nice for that “factory look”. But that’s all. For functionality and affordability…something like this is really all you need (for a fraction of the cost and labor)…

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Univ...sprefix=auxbeam+ga,automotive,291&sr=1-5&th=1

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can't help but be hesitant about a sub $200 option since there are switch panel products I know to be robust and reliable at the $800 price point.

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After some deliberation I've decided I'm going to do this terrible, terrible project. I am not mechancially inclined and will do my best to document. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Anyone know if this part list is the same for a 23 model year?
It's worth it. Have had mine in for over 6 months, have Auxbeam in my truck. Both do the job but being factory inside vehicle and under hood is much nicer. Now if you need 8 switches Auxbeam etc might be the way to go.

Also great to see your spouses face when you have it all torn apart lol.

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have to program anything after installing the auxialiary switches. I just got the switch panel, wire harness and fuse box. NOw I'm wondering about the programming? Could I do this with forscan? thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have to program anything after installing the auxialiary switches. I just got the switch panel, wire harness and fuse box. NOw I'm wondering about the programming? Could I do this with forscan? thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

From the few videos I've watched it does need programmed with Forscan and it will continue to throw a code "in the background" according to the video posted on the first page. I'm ordering the parts as soon as a local dealer gets back to me with price and I'll be doing it myself the weekend following getting the parts.

I am dreading it. I can't justify doing a half-way job with an alternative and if it's already wired, I just swap a fuse box, I'm golden.

If I break it, I'll be able to share what not to do. In for a penny...

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I understand there’s no programming. The software thing is just to prevent throwing that code that says hey, this isn't what was in the vehicle when it left the factory. And “In the background” sounds to me like maybe they’d have to look for that code, not that it would flash giant warning lights at them when they (Ford) connect to your vehicle.

I want to do this and I don’t plan on buying a $500 cable to make that change. But if someone near me has one I’ll gladly use theirs if they let me. :D

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From what I understand there’s no programming. The software thing is just to prevent throwing that code that says hey, this isn't what was in the vehicle when it left the factory. And “In the background” sounds to me like maybe they’d have to look for that code, not that it would flash giant warning lights at them when they (Ford) connect to your vehicle.

I want to do this and I don’t plan on buying a $500 cable to make that change. But if someone near me has one I’ll gladly use theirs if they let me. :D
This is my understanding too.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe we should all pitch in for a Bronco6G programming cable…
I don’t think it’s Forscan. There is a vendor offering a Forscan programming service. Maybe they would do this too.

lando88

Outer Banks
First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My opinion: not worth the time and money. There are several aftermarket companies making nice switch panels that are easy to install, look good and not expensive.

Upfitters are nice for that “factory look”. But that’s all. For functionality and affordability…something like this is really all you need (for a fraction of the cost and labor)…

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Universal-Circuit-Automatic-Dimmable/dp/B08RRV197G/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1U6TLYUOE870Q&keywords=auxbeam+gang&qid=1675172352&s=automotive&sprefix=auxbeam+ga,automotive,291&sr=1-5&th=1
I mean this with so much respect: I would rather drive off a cliff than put that in my bronco.

that being said I ordered the switches today. Looking for the fuse box now and eventually the harness specific to my model. I’ve switched a harness in the door panel of an F150 before. It’s tedious but not impossible!
Sponsored