Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just read through all 36 pages of this thread, and short of the cracked top, I'd still take any of the MIC in this thread over the god-awful looking mess that is the soft top.

I practically laughed out loud at the person who posted a picture of the soft top with pride. The loose sagging plastic windows aside, the fabric looks nice but that's about it.

How I picture my soft top once winter arrives:
6722642501_af87918715_o_d.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this align with the letter you received? If so there are tons of gaps and wiggle room regarding whether the panels came off the new tooling or are reworked. As stated in your post above itā€™s probably a combination of all three: 1) Reworked panels. 2) New panels. 3) A mix of reworked and new panels. I wrote ā€œpanelsā€ because this document states replacement ā€panelsā€ will be provided, not ā€œtopsā€. It also doesnā€™t specify if those panels will be newly produced from the new tool or reworked panels.

Leaves it open for lots of wiggle room for Ford and then assumptions by us.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 6722642501_af87918715_o_d

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 6722642501_af87918715_o_d
No. We got an actual email with our VIN that stated it was delayed and we would be contacted mid October with a new build date after MIC 2.0 was ready. Instead it was built 10/1. I'm fine with that, trust me. Even with these new found issues.

piffs5

First Edition
First Name
robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 bronco 1966 corvette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

Yes ours just came and has bubbles inside where the sound deadoner carpet is not. Terrible quality and it is a new top also

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I just read through all 36 pages of this thread, and short of the cracked top, I'd still take any of the MIC in this thread over the god-awful looking mess that is the soft top.

I practically laughed out loud at the person who posted a picture of the soft top with pride. The loose sagging plastic windows aside, the fabric looks nice but that's about it.

Me too. I started the thread and have posted multiple times that this isn't a deal breaker. Just keep an eye on it if you live in a wet, cold environment. So far it's purely cosmetic.. outside of the crack. That's a one off so far though.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Welp...checked mine this evening due to this thread. I have the same issue. Blend Date 9/24, built 9/26, took delivery 10/8. Calling dealer tomorrow.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_200423

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211027_201338

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. We got an actual email with our VIN that stated it was delayed and we would be contacted mid October with a new build date after MIC 2.0 was ready. Instead it was built 10/1. I'm fine with that, trust me. Even with these new found issues.
Iā€™d also be happy to have my rig but itā€™s going to be a long wait! Any chance you could post the email for those of us who werenā€˜t scheduled?

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™d also be happy to have my rig but itā€™s going to be a long wait! Any chance you could post the email for those of us who werenā€˜t scheduled?
I edited out personally identifiable info, but this is the body.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days Screenshot_20211027-181205_Outlook-1

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have a thread that's less then 24 hours old, with 7/8 people showing legit evidence of MIC 2.0 issues, within a period of less then a month of ownership, on a forum that realistically probably makes up <1% of total Bronco ownership, and we're not even in the winter months yet. Lets call it for what it is...an issue.
Itā€™s unreal how more and more people are posting that theirs is jacked up too, that there are still people in denial. Not only in denial but commenting things like donā€™t post your pictures here, take it to your dealer because they want their overpriced bronco so bad. Iā€™d rather the pictures be posted and Ford called out publicly for every misstep of this shit show.

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This may not be a deal breaker for some however everyone including Ford should acknowledge that there is in the very least a QC issue or at worst a design/material flaw. If the MIC 2.0 becomes a much larger issue, Ford needs to come out & say we are putting soft tops on all Broncos & once the hard top issues have been resolved we will send communication out on how you can get a hard top. The big issue with this solution are the 2 door orders; Iā€™m not clear on why the soft top is not an option but Ford cannot afford continued delays due to tops. Customers will eventually get frustrated enough to move on from the Bronco & purchase something else. Ford are you listening???

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days Screenshot_20211027-181205_Outlook-1
No regrets here. A Bronco in hand is better than two in the bush at this rate. I was a Granger res so wouldnā€™t have seen a hard top til 2025 b/c of Fords lies.

Aftermarket has solution on its way Spring ā€˜22 and Iā€™m willing to bet theyā€™ve been paying attention. Now about that 2.7 valve issuešŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dirt mountain MIC 2.0 Badlands arrived in San Diego today. Besides some scratches & dings on the roof - here are a few shots of the edges I'm seeing. looks a bit rough but honestly not 100% sure what I should be looking for & concerned about. The middle roof panels also seem to be a different shade of grey from the rest of the roof.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days unnamed-6
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days unnamed
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days unnamed-1

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days unnamed-2
Sponsored