John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When ford decided to bring back the bronco
it’s main target for sales was Jeep .looks like a Jeep , drives like a Jeep , quality of a Jeep , all about profit it’ll still sell with pages of issues ,no surprise
Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My First Edition Bronco MIC 2.0 top has a bunch of scratches on it and the dealer did not clean the vehicle per my instruction. You could tell the Bronco was on or near Dirt Mountain for a long time given how dirty it was. Very disappointing to wait so long for it and then find out better care was not taken installing the new roof. On top of that, when viewing the top from above, the middle section is a noticeable shade off from the front and back sections.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to lose it if they halt shipping again. I just barely missed the cutoff the first time and am just a few weeks away again.

Just send it and we'll figure it out later.
Yep, I think they issued the stop ship order 7/21 (although earlier builds got caught in it) 2 days short of my 7/23 blend. Now 71% of the 7/23's (not mine) have been rebuilt, not again, please not again.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree. Its a very minor problem right now and I think its going to take a few seasons for any real issues to develop. Plenty of time to sort this out. I've yet to see any examples that lead me to believe its just going to blow apart in a week.
I'd be interested to hear from MIC 1.0 owners who have had theirs for months to see if they really self destruct. Premeirdrum?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The issue is it didnt come that way.. the edge is delaminating. I dont think itll go much further in my case because I live in a dry climate. People with freeze/thaw cycles may be in for an issue. Maybe not.

With that said, I would also still take delivery.. Excellent vehicle otherwise. It'll take a few years before serious problems develop IMO, and Ford has time to figure it out.
Ahh so the rough edge opened up. Thats a lil different. I wonder if ford would pay for people with the issue to take their tops to boat or surfboard shops to have the edges detailed or something. I dont think its something a regular autobody shop would be into unless they do alot of fiber work( i know its not fiberglass per say but similar in finish). I also wonder about the painted top folks. If ford is just thinking well half these people want to paint their tops and their gonna need to do prep work for that anyways. :unsure:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahh so the rough edge opened up. Thats a lil different. I wonder if ford would pay for people with the issue to take their tops to boat or surfboard shops to have the edges detailed or something. I dont think its something a regular autobody shop would be into unless they do alot of fiber work( i know its not fiberglass per say but similar in finish). I also wonder about the painted top folks. If ford is just thinking well half these people want to paint their tops and their gonna need to do prep work for that anyways. :unsure:
Ford is aware and involved, so I expect we will hear something before too long.

I'll wait for info, but I'm down to fix it myself if it won't destroy my warranty.

Sulleyy

Black Diamond
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And yet again Ford finds a way to make me not regret switching to a soft top! Ugh.

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My First Edition Bronco MIC 2.0 top has a bunch of scratches on it and the dealer did not clean the vehicle per my instruction. You could tell the Bronco was on or near Dirt Mountain for a long time given how dirty it was. Very disappointing to wait so long for it and then find out better care was not taken installing the new roof. On top of that, when viewing the top from above, the middle section is a noticeable shade off from the front and back sections.
I agree mine came in from dirt mountain no looking good at all. Roof showing some minor delamination starting, very dirty, two paint chips and some roof and bumper scratches and for good measure they left the window sealant on part of the mic panel.
But in all reality I am super pumped to have it and it’s as badass as it comes.

Last edited:

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
Ford….. Ford…. Ford….

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Administrator
I vote to shut down this thread. Let’s get all of our Bronco’s out of the current purgatory, before we continue thrashing the MIC 2.0 and get Ford’s attention (if we already haven’t).
There's not likely much Ford can do at this point. The design, engineering and manufacturing process can only be tweeked so much. I am betting this "delamination" of tops is going to end up being deemed "a normal charactheristic of the design that doesn't affect reliabilty or safety, no repairs are required at this time" in a future SSM by Ford. Ford will ultimately have a newly designed NON Webasto top for future Broncos in a few years. I hope I'm wrong, but I can seriously see it coming to that. Unless these things start flying apart on the freeway where a recall is isssued in the future, they're only replacing them so long and then it's just live with it. smh....:cry:

Sponsored

Crazyhorse8889

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RTR Mustang, 1933 Ford truck, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I could get over how terrible the soft top and 4dr looked then I would’ve ordered one but alas here I am… waiting on my two door…
This. I could deal with the soft top in a slant back style. Factory one looks like shit in the back of it

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same thing going on with my FE. Really noticeable in pictures taken outdoors. The rear clamshell is darker. The 3 front pieces have noticeable snake skinning. Unfinished edges on rear clamshell (9/28/21 "Primer Applied" sticker). It looks a lot like they replaced the rear section but the fronts are the original MIC 1.0 that have 100 days more sun exposure than the rear from sitting on Dirt Mountain. The unfinished edges are sharp and I sliced my finger open on it. I'm seriously considering filing a NHTSA report on that issue.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
Just inspected mine I've had two weeks and one side appears to be expanding slightly. If you look at this panel on the other side of the window the plastic covers this material I wonder why they didn't do this on the rear? At least you live in Phoenix not sure how this top is going to hold up after an Ohio winter. I'm not going to cry too much at least I have my bronco and hopefully this edge issues doesn't turn into a problem. For now I'm just going to enjoy the Bronco and look at the top again in the spring.
Sponsored