First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm almost certain that only select panels were replaced OR a coating was applied to get broncos off DM. There is a clear difference in color on mine. This is not the lighting and a bang on representation of how it looks to the eye. Also I got honeycomb/snakeskin right from the dealer.
20211028_193633.jpg
20211028_193639.jpg
Rh
I'm almost certain that only select panels were replaced OR a coating was applied to get broncos off DM. There is a clear difference in color on mine. This is not the lighting and a bang on representation of how it looks to the eye. Also I got honeycomb/snakeskin right from the dealer.
20211028_193633.jpg
20211028_193639.jpg

[/QUOTE
Sponsored

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
20211028_193633.jpg
20211028_193639.jpg
That is sad that Ford canā€™t even spray primer on the clamshell to Match the new panels or make new panels without honeycomb.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Received an email Sept 25 that my FE was built so I think this is a MIC 2.0. The edges near the back of the MIC top are similar to the OP and I can see very minor separation in a couple areas - I don't see any honeycomb - my Bronco has been in the barn since I brought her home.

I'm somewhat puzzled why this pink marker sticker was on one of the removable front panels...

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_191815
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211028_192551

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did any of you guys see the SEMA Fire Truck video?! watch from around 2:20-2:40 multiple shots of the MIC cut in half. Literally looks like heavy corrugated cardboard.
Your right, It is cardboard, and it's used in aircraft construction all the time. It's light, strong, and stable.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience as well as a Gladiator ownerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦... Iā€™m really amazed at what some customers are willing to take simply because it has ā€œFordā€ on it.
Guilty as charged.!! Never owned anything but Ford products. My first car @15 yrs old was a Ford.! Now, 56 years later, my only regret is that I was never wealthy enough to own one of everything Ford ever made.! When I just HAD to have a jeep I bought a restored 1943 GPW built by Ford.!
(expecting many laughy-face emoji's.!)

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, what are the issues other than cosmetic? If the aftermarket top failed to meet my operational expectations, I'd return it or work a warranty claim.
From what I understand, leaking, annoying noises like clicking and rattling. So if there would be areas of paint missing from the body, itā€™s just cosmetic, the truck still works so nothing to complain about? Iā€™m not getting this rationale. Ford has admitted serious problems with the hardtop. Thereā€™s nothing to debate here.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has any of this made it to the wizards mike Levine Twitter feed same with the coolent hose issues my bronco being built in a couple weeks and I really donā€™t want a pile of shit

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About time to reverse the engineer the materials in the JT/wrangler tops or just go to a better but one piece until they can get the panel process down.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Serious problems? Really.

Wait, "serious" problems? Ford decided to change some production methods for MIC 2.0 by increasing the gauge of the plastic skin to make it thicker and add steps to seal seams.

There is plenty to debate. Lol.
Dude, Webasto lost their contract due to what?, minor problems. What would constitute a serious problem for you? Personally, I have my soft top and love it, but I can feel for the customers that canā€™t get their trucks or have received poor quality builds.

Sponsored

Gorgoza

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3d Gen 4Runner, Lexus IS350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I posted this May 28th on another thread here on Bronco6g. So happy, I exited the Bronco shit show and rebuilt my 99' 4Runner, with manual tranny. I had two very early reservations and was happy to move people up the food chain for delivery. I will jump back in if and when Ford ever gets this and their other Bronco related issues figured out. Buying something you have anticipated and waited on for a long time should be fun, not a manic depressive event. Best wishes to all.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.41.09 AM

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cleaned the Bronco off today and getting a better look at the top in the sun.

it looks like Ford mixed and matched top pieces because my front and rear sections are very clearly a different color than the middle, the middle panel almost looks like the old lighter pre production versions we saw.

needless to say I am not pleased
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days C4CF9C43-62A4-418F-98D3-7E08C314142F

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That does not surprise me since they are spraying some clamshells with primer to cover up defects.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did not convert my day 1 reservation in March out of early production concerns. I should have rolled to a 22 but didnā€™t. I figured there would be plenty on the lot come spring (pre-chip shut downs). I was wrong. Reordered yesterday and included the hardtop as I want nothing to do with a soft top. Due to the 2.0 issues, I unfortunately may see if Ford offers to let hardtop holders swap if Ford has to stop production again. I let the posters spook me and really wish I had stuck to my guns. For those wavering really think about it. I think the wait difference may be 6 extra months on the hard top but who really knows with the allocation clock resetting for dealer 22 orders starting in the 2nd quarter.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cleaned the Bronco off today and getting a better look at the top in the sun.

it looks like Ford mixed and matched top pieces because my front and rear sections are very clearly a different color than the middle, the middle panel almost looks like the old lighter pre production versions we saw.

needless to say I am not pleased
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days C4CF9C43-62A4-418F-98D3-7E08C314142F
I didn't think the two tone roof option was available yet. It was going to be called the Oxford Shoes edition.
Sponsored