First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is it a bad thing to run in sport mode all the time? Should you use regular 2wd for maximum milagege? Will running sport mode cause extra wear and tear on the transfer case?

I am having this discussion with my brother and he says his mechanic says running the sport modeon your Bronco is not the same as an all wheel drive car and can wear out your transfer case prematurely.
Options and facts please I need educated on this please. I like sport mode!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'f you are concerned about the mpg's you probably shouldn't be running Sport mode to begin with.

Will it put more wear and tear on your transfer case? Yes. Will it need replacing after 100k miles because of it. No.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is it a bad thing to run in sport mode all the time? Should you use regular 2wd for maximum milagege? Will running sport mode cause extra wear and tear on the transfer case?

I am having this discussion with my brother and he says his mechanic says running the sport modeon your Bronco is not the same as an all wheel drive car and can wear out your transfer case prematurely.
I run sport mode 4A nearly exclusively... Please tell him that I need to know when it's going to wear out.

Ford Bronco Bad to run in Sport Mode all the time? IMG_20230316_155328

It's fine running in sport mode 4A all the time.

Ford Bronco Bad to run in Sport Mode all the time? IMG_20220614_222855

Gas mileage is ok too, not my best, but sustained 75+ mph (including gas/restroom stop) through the Texas hill country.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4a auto is AWD, I dont think that it will add noticeable amount of wear and tear. I think it would actually mean less wear and tear for the tranny because it doesnt shift as much and shifts quicker. Probably more wear and tear on the engine since it is holding higher RPMs. I think its a wash when it comes to wear and tear Sport vs Normal.

OP
OP
Num Num

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I put in the order for the Bronco mpg was not a factor. I traded in a tundra and on a. good tank of gas got 16mpg.
I like the way sport mode drives but don’ t want to blow up the transfer case prematurely……. Sportmode is kind of like a mini beast mode!

I hope to drive the wheels off of the bronco after many miles and cool trips with minimal breakage and or damage. After many miles most things wear out and need replaced or reconditioned!

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I run sport mode 4A nearly exclusively... Please tell him that I need to know when it's going to wear out.

It's fine running in sport mode 4A all the time.

Gas mileage is ok too, not my best, but sustained 75+ mph (including gas/restroom stop) through the Texas hill country.
2 Door non Sas?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I run in 2H sport mode all the time, and I might be w wrong, but I feel like sport mode is easier on the Bronco, because I’m not constantly mashing the throttle. Placebo? Perhaps. Do I care? Nope. Do I wish it would stay in 2H Sport mode when I get back in the Bronco? Yea, but then that would defeat auto start /stop, and ford cannot allow that to happen.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His mechanic is an idiot

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find sports mode without 4A is too squirrelly.

But it is worth mentioning that 4A does not engaged front wheel drive only when needed. It's the opposite and it powers the front and rear axle pretty much anytime you are on the throttle, except when it senses a bind and the it will release. It does not engaged lockers to you are still open diffs.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait, people ACTUALLY drive these around? Doesn't that prematurely wear out the tires and waste gas? Isn't it very happy living in the Garage while I drive my 15 yr old Corolla back and forth? The tires will last years that way and a tank of gas usually lasts a 'month of Sundays'. And why get an oil change - you'll mess up that original equipment 'feel' of the just delivered Bronco.

(lol)
C'Mon, drive it like YOU want to. If you like Sport Mode, use it. That's why they gave it to us (well, unless you have a Badlands). If staying in 4A gives you peace of mind, keep it on that. Like @Num Num said, mileage is not why we got this vehicle. If you bought it to have it keep its value, then you have no business driving it daily. I say use the hell out of it. They will be as common as Jeep Wranglers soon. Enjoy the stares and odd compliment. For me, I relish the "How do you like it?" question almost every time I'm at the pump.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 Door non Sas?
Mostly... LOL.

2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with the Lux and Tow packages. Steering Rack HOSS 3.0. Suspension - Badlands shocks and springs. Tires - depending on the day OBX stock, BD stock, or 33.5" MT tires.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run sport mode in 2H regularly with a pedal commander in City mode. Fun stuff! 23 Wildtrak.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I had sport mode, I'd run it most of the time because I'm sure its fun, however id put it back into 2H just bc.
Sponsored