Sponsored

Badlands order CONVERTED into Bronco Raptor -- is this real?

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey guys (and gals) I just wanted to tap the hive mind to ask if there's anything I'm missing or if there are questions I should ask my dealer. Here's a quick timeline/recap:

• 4/13/2021 reserved Badlands
  • 10/15/2021 converted to '22 order
  • August 2022 - bought a Badlands from the same dealer off the lot (w/ markup -- don't shoot me.) During negotiation (over texts which I still have) Dealer promised to let me convert my existing order into a BRaptor.
  • September 2022 - Dealer places BRaptor order, but my existing Badlands is still in the system. Lots of back/forth and we settle on the fact that his system won't let him do a true "conversion" of my existing order into a BRaptor.
  • Today: I get the "Don’t forget to update your Bronco order!" email from Ford about converting my '22 Badlands to a '23 order by November 21st or they'll cancel it. This was news to me as the backdoor link had shown my Badlands order as a '23 for quite a while.
  • I email my salesman about it and then out of the blue I get a "Your Bronco Order has been updated" from Ford. At the same time, my salesman pings me with an "at MSRP at time of delivery" BRaptor Preview Order sheet.
  • I click through that email and try the backdoor link and both show that I have a BRaptor on order with the same order number and dates as the previous Badlands! Even itemizes the $100 reservation fee and $1,000 order deposit as coming off the final price!
So, it really does seem like the dealer came through and converted my Badlands order into a Braptor, but with all the horror stories I wanted to ask: what am I missing? What else could I check to confirm I'm not going to get bitten?
Sponsored

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does your dealer have existing Raptor allocation for the order? Without allocation, who knows when your order will be fulfilled.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like others will tell you, depends on allocations. If he has one though he very well may have given it to you. I would take this to the dealer but if true, congrats. Excited for you.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand, any dealer can place unlimited number of Raptor orders, but just like the hundred thousand+ bronco orders people have been waiting on it means nothing unless there is allocation. So the answer your're looking for (how many raptor allocations does your dealer have available and how many raptor orders are in your dealer's system?) will only come from your dealer which you're unlikely to receive (either because they keep it secret or they are incompetent), but wouldn't hurt to ask.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I understand, any dealer can place unlimited number of Raptor orders, but just like the hundred thousand+ bronco orders people have been waiting on it means nothing unless there is allocation. So the answer your're looking for (how many raptor allocations does your dealer have available and how many raptor orders are in your dealer's system?) will only come from your dealer which you're unlikely to receive (either because they keep it secret or they are incompetent), but wouldn't hurt to ask.
This.

Ask your dealer how many BRaptor allocations and orders they have and if it is even possible you will get one this model year. The longer you wait to get it sorted out the more rounds of scheduling you may will miss out on. And potentially lose our on getting a build date for your original build.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does your dealer have existing Raptor allocation for the order? Without allocation, who knows when your order will be fulfilled.
Even with an allocation, who knows when the order will be fulfilled.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say you are in line for the Raptor

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Touché. But at least with an allocation you have a chance.
As an order in Granger’s list of 10 allocated, I will be shocked if I take delivery of a MY23 Raptor. LOL, just no idea what to expect.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This.

Ask your dealer how many BRaptor allocations and orders they have and if it is even possible you will get one this model year. The longer you wait to get it sorted out the more rounds of scheduling you may will miss out on. And potentially lose our on getting a build date for your original build.
He has a BL waiting wont be that painful

Sponsored
OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks folks. Unfortunately, my dealer is being super tight-lipped about their allocation so I have no idea when mine would actually get built.

In the meantime, I cane enjoy my Badlands and hope that some more inspiring colors come to the BRaptor. I can't believe they killed VB. :mad: What's a BYU fan supposed to do who can't bring himself to drive a red (and Code Orange is too red) vehicle? (In the meantime, I went with " Azure Gray" :cry:)

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks folks. Unfortunately, my dealer is being super tight-lipped about their allocation so I have no idea when mine would actually get built.

In the meantime, I cane enjoy my Badlands and hope that some more inspiring colors come to the BRaptor. I can't believe they killed VB. :mad: What's a BYU fan supposed to do who can't bring himself to drive a red (and Code Orange is too red) vehicle? (In the meantime, I went with " Azure Gray" :cry:)
Code Orange is not red at all in real life. You have to see in person. Soon as I saw a Code Orange F-150 Raptor in person, I know I wanted the Code Orange. Very much Orange in person.

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's REAL and it's spectacular! ;)

Just checked online and I'm scheduled for production for 1/9/23!!!!
Sponsored