Advertisement

Base Model Bronco Thread 🐎

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, Lexus Gs, E39 BMW, 2005 Range
Not joking- I will probably end up with a base as our second one.. I made two reservations..
are you looking to adopt a grown child? I may fit that bill lol

Advertisement

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
With my price point of affordability being around $35k I'll probably be looking at a 2door base (auto) with the rapid red color, since I can't get orange... Don't think I'll do the quach as I plan on doing a decent amount of highway driving.

With destination charges & automatic will be around $3k. I want to see what options are available for it though before I know for sure. I do like the BB as well.

tokyo

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
I know I will have to order the automatic transmission; my only decision is which engine to get.
I have never found myself saying "dang.. this thing has too much power" and if the 2.7 is only $1k~$2k add (since you are already getting the auto) I would get that with no looking back..

Horsepower is like money and computer memory.. no such thing as too much.

BE_

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Vehicle Showcase
Horsepower is like money and computer memory.. no such thing as too much.
this is a lie. windows 10 can only handle 2TB of random access memory. so 2,001GB of memory is too much.

musicguyusa

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph
@tokyo, I appreciate your advice. The engine decision really comes down to price. I have a price range and I would like to keep this purchase within that range. Obviously, the cost of the Sasquatch package is important as is the cost of the Auxiliary switches. And I have to get the automatic. If the the price of the V6 fits within that range, then great. If not, I will live without it.

I have driven the Ranger with the 2.3 and the 10spd automatic. I know it isn't the same thing; but I find it has ample power available.

yankee hat with no brim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
@tokyo, I appreciate your advice. The engine decision really comes down to price. I have a price range and I would like to keep this purchase within that range. Obviously, the cost of the Sasquatch package is important as is the cost of the Auxiliary switches. And I have to get the automatic. If the the price of the V6 fits within that range, then great. If not, I will live without it.

I have driven the Ranger with the 2.3 and the 10spd automatic. I know it isn't the same thing; but I find it has ample power available.

4 cyl turbos pack a peppy punch. I have noticed a delay with certain ones of those. I really hate the hesitation. I can only imagine how much power the 6 turbo will give you. I want it

if anyone is coming from a cheaper 4 clyn engine the 2.3 willl be leaps and bounds better and noticable

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Yeah I had a Ranger 2.3 as a rental for a week on business, let's just say compared to my 2006 Honda Pilot 4wd that Ranger was a Bentley

TripleB

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 6.2L
Hell, I may go ZERO option 2 door base (sub 30k). 2.3 manual. Just have fun with it and make it my own. How good will the aftermarket be? If it will be like Jeep, I'm totally cool with this route.

We need the build & price up and running.

Frank N

Base
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Hell, I may go ZERO option 2 door base (sub 30k). 2.3 manual. Just have fun with it and make it my own. How good will the aftermarket be? If it will be like Jeep, I'm totally cool with this route.

Just 7 hours to build and price!

Just kidding, no shot at that happening.

I hear you, I am anxiously awaiting it as well.

buildbigboats

Base
First Name
Gordon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester

I think I might go that route too. Won't be my daily drive. Only thing I really want to add from the factory would be rear lockers

TrailDust

Base
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-250, '17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins
Another soon to be base owner here. Really hoping to be able to get:

-Front & rear factory lockers with the low ratio

If I can get that then the overhead switch panel is all I need, stick with the manual and 4 cylinder and let me do the rest.

If not then guessing I'll be going with the auto, 2.7, Sasquatch OR just change it to a Badlands with no other options (we'll see what price difference there is at that point).

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler

It will come.

1596249067782.png

Advertisement

Advertisement