Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a question for all you Base 2 door owners. I really love this trim level but I wish you could get the rear locker without SAS. On the Big Bend you can get the rear locker without SAS but the BB is 3400 bucks more to start with. I can't find $3400 more features from the base to the BB. Any ideas where the difference is. Wheels and a leather wrapped steering wheel isn't worth that much.
That’s the same as what I saw. Badlands has the lockers but it’s also way more than sas
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a question for all you Base 2 door owners. I really love this trim level but I wish you could get the rear locker without SAS. On the Big Bend you can get the rear locker without SAS but the BB is 3400 bucks more to start with. I can't find $3400 more features from the base to the BB. Any ideas where the difference is. Wheels and a leather wrapped steering wheel isn't worth that much.
A useless $50 passenger grab handle, window tint, and the option to pay for the mid package and/or 7 pin trailer hitch.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A useless $50 passenger grab handle, window tint, and the option to pay for the mid package and/or 7 pin trailer hitch.
Thats what I see, really not enough of an upgrade from the Base to the BB. My son turns 16 in 2023 I am thinking this would be great first truck. Manual transmission, a skill worth having, and a platform to work from besides being pretty damn cool as a father son adventure. I know many of you have lamented that Ford should offer the rear locker as a stand alone option in this trim and I agree they should, heck my 2wd F150 STX basic truck has a selectable rear locker. Other than that I really like this package.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, if the BB came with the locker for $3400 it would one thing but then it's even more money. My dealer is going to order a hitch for me and I'll get a wiring kit from Curt , it's not rocket science.

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thank u! When is the rear bumper coming out?
Waiting on materials to come in for test fitting. We are hoping in the coming weeks.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats what I see, really not enough of an upgrade from the Base to the BB. My son turns 16 in 2023 I am thinking this would be great first truck. Manual transmission, a skill worth having, and a platform to work from besides being pretty damn cool as a father son adventure. I know many of you have lamented that Ford should offer the rear locker as a stand alone option in this trim and I agree they should, heck my 2wd F150 STX basic truck has a selectable rear locker. Other than that I really like this package.
I have a son turning 16 this summer, and this winter we picked up an 88 Dakota Sport for $150 that was heading for the salvage yard. 6 cylinder, manual that I'm crossing my fingers we can get running. Good luck on your adventure.
As for the rear axle, I would've preferred having a limited slip, but I have to hand it to Ford for making people pay through the nose to get what they wanted. For me washout floors/seats would've cost me about $8k.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Preaching to the choir. ended up with basesquatch, just as well in hind sight...