Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base, 2.3, Non-SAS, Auto. I see no need for buying all the factory upgrades right off the bat. I like to tinker on vehicles, so building my truck is half the fun for me and somewhat cheaper in the long run. The base has a lot of standard features that could be considered an upgrade for other companies. I believe you will like your decision.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 24F5BD21-D3C7-4EC4-800F-0028AAABD5AB
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base, 2.3, Non-SAS, Auto. I see no need for buying all the factory upgrades right off the bat. I like to tinker on vehicles, so building my truck is half the fun for me and somewhat cheaper in the long run. The base has a lot of standard features that could be considered an upgrade for other companies. I believe you will like your decision.
Awesome. And Iā€™m in the same boat as you. Big on tinkering. Someone mentioned not having heated seats so i looked and thereā€™s a few kit options on Amazon for around $100. This may be the wAy

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im at 7500mi on my 2.7 BaseSquatch hardtop, and it is excellent. I have been off road in CA,AZ,NV, and UT from sand to snow and it has handled it all with prowess.
The hard top makes it look like a higher class vehicle than the softop, and glad I held out for it.
Aside from nifty swaybar disco, it is perfect.
Still get daily looks/comments/pics as there are only 25000 that have been sold so far, so still a rarity to see.
Also nice that the BaseSquatch with its unique and unadvertised badging is shaping to be the rarest of builds, especially for first year, rarer than the First Edition with all the capability at only 43k. :)
So glad to hear your mileage!!! Seen so many 2.7 with Engines blown under 1500 miles. And 2 2.3L with a clutch have needed a new Engine. Been keeping tabs on this. Really is it cause for alarm!?!?!

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seen so many 2.7 with Engines blown [...] Really is it cause for alarm!?!?!
i think this forum's count is 26. definitely indicates some problem, but way more have not blown [yet]. what's the guestimate, like 99 of 100 have been fine. hoping to hear ford has it figured out, but I'm not changing my order over it either way. 2.7 base sasquatch for me hoping to be built next week!

edit: if my wife didn't love the bronco, i'd drop down to a 2.3 manual, but being "forced" into an auto (she shows no interest in learning on my old saabaru or gti), I'm taking the 2.7

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

only thing I dislike is the feel of the rubber steering wheel
I've been thinking I'll send my steering wheel to dallas customs unless redlinegoods gets one to market. when I pinged redlinegoods back in November, they were quick to respond that they want to offer one, but didn't have access to an original steering wheel yet and their design shop is in Europe.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think everything is great, base offers all the needs only thing I dislike is the feel of the rubber steering wheel. Hopefully someone comes out with a sew on leather wrap for it.
Don't do that. Just order a replacement Big Bend steering wheel from Lakeland Ford. Yes it's a few hundo but you get the real deal. That's my plan.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2 dr base stripper, 2.3 7 spd, like others regret not getting the aux switches. You can't easily add that yourself. With everyone changing things on their new Broncos sometimes you can get takeoff's at a good price. Just ignore the people expecting to get retail prices for them.

I was going to put 33" on the steelies, but found some OBX rims/tires for $450 i couldn't pass up, the slightly bigger tires helped with rpm's on the 1st to 2nd shift (33"-35" would be better). Every few months I plan to change something, might add some graphics next.

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone have any feedback on the blind spots with the standard package/spotter mirrors? Really the only thing Iā€™m worried about missing by going with the base is blind spot monitoring, but Iā€™d love to hear from owners how the blind spots are (especially from 2 door owners).

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have any feedback on the blind spots with the standard package/spotter mirrors? Really the only thing Iā€™m worried about missing by going with the base is blind spot monitoring, but Iā€™d love to hear from owners how the blind spots are (especially from 2 door owners).
The spot mirrors are really good, actually. I use them for sure.
I have no regrets about ordering a base Sasquatch.

6AF08BBC-FABC-4354-BE9C-36ABBEA32156.jpeg

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch 2.7 switches mod bumper, floor mats. Not happy with the break assist & crash assist, turned off as well as the location/connectivity, reason I got a base was to not have any extras. Julian date 308. Runs strong no issues.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread C17F8227-5089-4EA0-9CB0-086E0143B79E

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 4DE0DEF5-BE37-41B6-9CF0-7005B12F1E06

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch 2.7 switches mod bumper, floor mats. Not happy with the break assist & crash assist, turned off as well as the location/connectivity, reason I got a base was to not have any extras. Julian date 308. Runs strong no issues.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 4DE0DEF5-BE37-41B6-9CF0-7005B12F1E06

Thatā€™s awesome. Have you noticed dings on the bug deflector indicating itā€™s helping save your windshield? On the fence about getting one