Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Watching. I’m specifically curious how the cloth seats compare and maybe if anyone has regrets not getting the washout floor​
I think the seats are great and the floor hasnt been a problem. I love my base.
Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

cloth seats are great. i've ridden in MGV and although nice, not $7000 nice. Same with washout floors, my $100 floor mats are just fine.

I personally prefer the base headlights over the heritage, although the braptor ambers had me thinking twice haha.

I planned on modifying my 2.3 basesquatch from the beginning and it's coming along great, very happy.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too, love the cloth seats. Maybe not as carefree as the marine grade or leather would be, but they are warm up fast on cold mornings and are not scalding hot on a hot day.

Will probably install some seat covers from PRP or Bartact if/when they become available.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too, love the cloth seats. Maybe not as carefree as the marine grade or leather would be, but they are warm up fast on cold mornings and are not scalding hot on a hot day.

Will probably install some seat covers from PRP or Bartact if/when they become available.
I agree Tim, the cloth seats are pretty nice! I thought I saw on Bartact's website they have covers now for the 4-door? I talked to Sal over there a while back about using mine to fit up for the 2-door but I've been too busy to get it over there.

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Icon (as everyone probably knows), runs a similar wheel with slots. I really like the cap and haven't seen this (the cap) from wheel manufacturer.
Very cool imo. detroitsteelwheel.com has beautiful solid rims which I've seen on trucks and lowriders. Also very cool imo. A great look!

ICON-Classic-BR-17_-_-.jpg
Exactly right. I don’t know why so many people question my wheels about heat. No one ever seems to question these wheels and they are on all kinds of trucks. But for some reason mine are going to cause issues.

28E54E0C-134D-4546-822E-E2DDA3520077.jpeg

E33C5CF6-7545-44E8-A0EC-33B01D844F5B.jpeg

7539A4E2-C78D-48E3-AF0D-48EDD7C2A544.jpeg

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly right. I don’t know why so many people question my wheels about heat. No one ever seems to question these wheels and they are on all kinds of trucks. But for some reason mine are going to cause issues.

28E54E0C-134D-4546-822E-E2DDA3520077.jpeg

E33C5CF6-7545-44E8-A0EC-33B01D844F5B.jpeg

7539A4E2-C78D-48E3-AF0D-48EDD7C2A544.jpeg
Exactly! Black Rhino "Solid" (top wheel in your images), is on my list of potential buys, and a lot of people appear to be using. I'm more concerned about lift kits and suspension issues. Additionally, how strong are some of the more open wheels when off-road? I'd be worried about busting one.

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-solid.php

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly! Black Rhino "Solid" (top wheel in your images), is on my list of potential buys, and a lot of people appear to be using. I'm more concerned about lift kits and suspension issues. Additionally, how strong are some of the more open wheels when off-road? I'd be worried about busting one.

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-solid.php
I considered the black rhino solids as one of my first choices but when I found out that the offset made way to much poke for my taste, I decided to go with a custom wheel.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I considered the black rhino solids as one of my first choices but when I found out that the offset made way to much poke for my taste, I decided to go with a custom wheel.
Yes, poke is a problem. Requires time, thought, expertise, and money to get it right. Figuring things out is time worthy though. Again, that cap is pretty!
A Bronco marathon, not a sprint.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

cloth seats are great. i've ridden in MGV and although nice, not $7000 nice. Same with washout floors, my $100 floor mats are just fine.

I personally prefer the base headlights over the heritage, although the braptor ambers had me thinking twice haha.

I planned on modifying my 2.3 basesquatch from the beginning and it's coming along great, very happy.
I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone who does marine upholstery that's willing to try a car seat... the materials used in new boats now are so plush... and obviously "marine grade"

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry to jump in the base model discussion, but it does seem that custom sized wheels will be the best way to ensure fitment if you aren't wanting to push the wheel out due to offset issues.

I've had contact with US wheel and they are happy to make whatever size smoothie i'd like. Prices for unfinished wheels are fantastic, especially compared to the Black Rhino solids, which are simply a homage to that style anyway.

If you just had to get a 0 offset wheel, the US Wheels series 65 would be where my money goes. Drastically easier to repair than cast metal and, IMHO, looks better, and saves you about $100 per wheel.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 1643308545692

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to jump in the base model discussion, but it does seem that custom sized wheels will be the best way to ensure fitment if you aren't wanting to push the wheel out due to offset issues.

I've had contact with US wheel and they are happy to make whatever size smoothie i'd like. Prices for unfinished wheels are fantastic, especially compared to the Black Rhino solids, which are simply a homage to that style anyway.

If you just had to get a 0 offset wheel, the US Wheels series 65 would be where my money goes. Drastically easier to repair than cast metal and, IMHO, looks better, and saves you about $100 per wheel.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 1643308545692
Yep us wheels was my first try. But the offset at 0 on the 17” was too much poke for me. I had them send me out a 16” smoothie wheel at the proper offset but the wheel would not clear the brake calipers. And they don’t offer the smoothies in a 17”. If you are ok with poke they they are a great way to go.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep us wheels was my first try. But the offset at 0 on the 17” was too much poke for me. I had them send me out a 16” smoothie wheel at the proper offset but the wheel would not clear the brake calipers. And they don’t offer the smoothies in a 17”. If you are ok with poke they they are a great way to go.
There are a few different wheel makers around the US. 17" smoothies in choice of offset can absolutely be had....

Since I don't have a VIN yet, I haven't done a ton of legwork yet for specific fitment, but have had 17" smoothies made for past car projects.

Vendors i've ordered from in the past:

http://thewheelsmith.net/wheel-catalog/smoothie-wheels/17-inch-smoothie-wheels

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/wheels/fwd.html

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are a few different wheel makers around the US. 17" smoothies in choice of offset can absolutely be had....

Since I don't have a VIN yet, I haven't done a ton of legwork yet for specific fitment, but have had 17" smoothies made for past car projects.

Vendors i've ordered from in the past:

http://thewheelsmith.net/wheel-catalog/smoothie-wheels/17-inch-smoothie-wheels

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/wheels/fwd.html
I have already had mine made and mounted on my bronco. From wheelsmith. I did a lot of leg work figuring out what works good and what doesn’t. So far wheelsmith has been the best to work with.

4FE50B6A-8765-48D1-8FE2-AF098F10934D.jpeg

8192E777-90A4-453F-98D2-8EA2F4C31D2D.jpeg

1547AA5D-1DD3-416D-8BB4-A809C857EC0A.jpeg
Sponsored