Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only thing I wish I had on my base is a rear locker, but I'm not going to pay the $5k markup to upgrade to a big bend which unlocks the option to pay an extra $2k or whatever for the locker.

I could've gone sas package, but that's a bit overkill for what I'm planning on doing with it. If I get more into wheeling I can always upgrade later
I was on the fence about this as well, but went with the squatch package because if I ever do sell it, I felt it would hold the value better with factory lockers.
Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was on the fence about this as well, but went with the squatch package because if I ever do sell it, I felt it would hold the value better with factory lockers.
It really is a bit unfortunate ford didn't give base owners the option for a rear locker. I understand wanting people to upgrade to higher packages, but to compete with jeep all bronco models should be able to access basic off-road options. For $595 I can add a rear locking diff to a base 2 door wrangler. Comes out under $31k with no other options and would run circles around a base non-sas bronco even with some additions like larger tires and a lift. Basically, an off-road comparable bronco vs wrangler is going to cost you about $8k more.

My hesitation with the SAS package, besides cost, are the 35" tires and lift. I'd like to stay at the base height with 33"s personally. Seems like there's no way to get a bronco with lockers under $39k or so.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really is a bit unfortunate ford didn't give base owners the option for a rear locker. I understand wanting people to upgrade to higher packages, but to compete with jeep all bronco models should be able to access basic off-road options. For $595 I can add a rear locking diff to a base 2 door wrangler. Comes out under $31k with no other options and would run circles around a base non-sas bronco even with some additions like larger tires and a lift. Basically, an off-road comparable bronco vs wrangler is going to cost you about $8k more.

My hesitation with the SAS package, besides cost, are the 35" tires and lift. I'd like to stay at the base height with 33"s personally. Seems like there's no way to get a bronco with lockers under $39k or so.
that's part of what drove me to the BD, that and the MGV. I could have done without the MID and MGV though if the rear locker was a factory option on the Base. BaseQuatch would have been more than I need and I would have wanted to downgrade the wheels/tires *gasp* to something along the lines of the BL 33's and standard flares. Because I agree, I like the proportions of the 2 door with 33's and less poke. But hey, by the time I get mine with price protection I may just get a BD for Base price šŸ¤£

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everybody is talking about going up a model or two to get lockers, why not get the Sasquatch package on your base? I did sas with base 4 door with aux switches and paid $41,665 total. $2k on a 5 year loan is not very much at all on the monthly Compared to $39k. Sounds like a lot of u guys might be focusing on what u want as opposed to what u get with the Sasquatch package. A Base Sasquatch is the by far the best value in a 4wd vehicle around. Get your front and rear lockers, trail turn assist etc. the only thing u dont get is the staybar which is only on badlands anyhow. U will be surprised at how much value is there. Just trying to help my fellow basers

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everybody is talking about going up a model or two to get lockers, why not get the Sasquatch package on your base? I did sas with base 4 door with aux switches and paid $41,665 total. $2k on a 5 year loan is not very much at all on the monthly Compared to $39k. Sounds like a lot of u guys might be focusing on what u want as opposed to what u get with the Sasquatch package. A Base Sasquatch is the by far the best value in a 4wd vehicle around. Get your front and rear lockers, trail turn assist etc. the only thing u dont get is the staybar which is only on badlands anyhow. U will be surprised at how much value is there. Just trying to help my fellow basers
I just didnā€™t need Sasquatch for my use (logging trails at most)- but I agree with you 100%. Base is the best value. I opted for v6, but thatā€™s just because I could.
In my Opinion the Bronco isnā€™t a $50k vehicle, and wasnā€™t designed to be, so why buy anything more than a base?

Sponsored

carmantakes

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question for everyone, do your ā€˜22 base broncoā€™s have push start?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you mean the push Button start, yes. Just like my mom's 1960 Rambler station wagon...

carmantakes

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you mean the push Button start, yes. Just like my mom's 1960 Rambler station wagon...
Thanks! According to my dealer it did not.. and my bronco sport doesnā€™t either

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

I dont even remember push button start on the Black Diamond I drove.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont even remember push button start on the Black Diamond I drove.
I have a base Bronco and it definitely has a push button start. I did read that the base Sport doesnā€™t have one.

Sponsored

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Velocity Blue Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, getting close on my Bronco delivery now, need to make a final decision on tires. I have some BD takeoff wheels and I'm going back and forth between 255/75 r17 and 285/70 r17 tires. My 1st goal is increased ground clearance, second is stance, but I don't want to compromise performance too badly, and don't want to end up with the transmission hunting for gears all the time. I have the automatic so 3.73 gearing.

I'm looking seriously at Cooper AT3 4S for either size, looks like the 285s are 43-45 lbs depending on which website you look at (and the 255s only a couple pounds lighter). Tiresize.com gear ratio seems to put this in the "Highway, good fuel economy" category, between 2469 - 2546 RPM (but this is assuming 1:1 final drive, and I don't know what the upper gearing looks like). I know a lot of people have gone to 33s off the get go, does anyone have any regrets with this decision? Anyone that drove around with the stock tires see a huge impact with the change? Anyone gotten offroad and noticed any rubbing at full articulation? I'm stuck between telling myself that 255s vs 285s is less than a half inch difference in ride height so why not go conservative, but am also trying to justify bigger tires for the same reason that it shouldn't make a meaningful difference in performance between the two? Especially with the relatively light weight of the tire vs a 50-60lb monster. This is going to be my daily and admittedly spend most it's time on the highway, but I do a lot of hiking/backpacking where I'll get into some fire roads, and would like to try overlanding in the future. How's my logic, any advice?

Last edited:

FrostedNuts

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tons of Fun
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, getting close on my Bronco delivery now, need to make a final decision on tires. I have some BD takeoff wheels and I'm going back and forth between 255/75 r17 and 285/70 r17 tires. My 1st goal is increased ground clearance, second is stance, but I don't want to compromise performance too badly, and don't want to end up with the transmission hunting for gears all the time. I have the automatic so 3.73 gearing.

I'm looking seriously at Cooper AT3 4S for either size, looks like the 285s are 43-45 lbs depending on which website you look at (and the 255s only a couple pounds lighter). Tiresize.com gear ratio seems to put this in the "Highway, good fuel economy" category, between 2469 - 2546 RPM (but this is assuming 1:1 final drive, and I don't know what the upper gearing looks like). I know a lot of people have gone to 33s off the get go, does anyone have any regrets with this decision? Anyone that drove around with the stock tires see a huge impact with the change? Anyone gotten offroad and noticed any rubbing at full articulation? I'm stuck between telling myself that 255s vs 285s is less than a half inch difference in ride height so why not go conservative, but am also trying to justify bigger tires for the same reason that it shouldn't make a meaningful difference in performance between the two? Especially with the relatively light weight of the tire vs a 50-60lb monster. This is going to be my daily and admittedly spend most it's time on the highway, but I do a lot of hiking/backpacking where I'll get into some fire roads, and would like to try overlanding in the future. How's my logic, any advice?
255/85R16 is the sweet spot on stock wheels (34x9), because where I wheel, the mud isn't bottomless, and I like to slice rather than float.
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 61
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 62
Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 63

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I now have almost 10K on my Base Sasquatch. Fuelly has me at 17.4 average and a 19.6 best. Mainly been in ECO, but been testing Normal mode lately. Ordered the Kicker Key Amp 200.4. I'll install it once I get the harness. No real gripes....though may have overshot with the Sasquatch package, but it just looks damn cool!

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I now have almost 10K on my Base Sasquatch. Fuelly has me at 17.4 average and a 19.6 best. Mainly been in ECO, but been testing Normal mode lately. Ordered the Kicker Key Amp 200.4. I'll install it once I get the harness. No real gripes....though may have overshot with the Sasquatch package, but it just looks damn cool!
Kelp trying normal! I havenā€™t seen much of a difference with eco and like the acceleration in normal more.

Quinlans Rig

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wish the base had the option for the full LED headlights, looking around online and they're pretty pricey.

Also has anyone sold their base grill? I have one sitting that I need to post up FS
Sponsored