First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have read most of the thread regarding the sound system upgrades/modifications. There is clear instructions that the head module needs to be flash per the instruction printed on the JBL sound bar information sheet. I have also watched the videos on youtube with both of the installs flashing the head module with the Ford system computer.
My question is there any clarity that this will work to allow more power to the back speakers. I realize that the 4 inch paper speakers are just junk.
If this works seems to me that this issue could be fixed very easily. The JBL sound bar has nothing to do with the flash requirements, is not blue tooth and connects to the rear pod speakers directly.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The other 14 page thread too overwhelming? LOL....yes, I agree. Give it to us simple:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other 14 page thread too overwhelming? LOL....yes, I agree. Give it to us simple:
Dealer would probably charge you for the flash, if they agree to do it without the hardware upgrade. Or spend the money on a OBD dongle, a free ForScan license and do the 3800 mod... And access 100's of other configurations on the Bronco as well. 🤷

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah there's definitely more to the JBL flash than the Forscan trick....however if the goal is simply to increase the output range of the rear speakers, the sounds like forscan is the way to go (unless your dealer will do the flash for free)

Owning a Bronco without Forscan seems like a bad idea... you'll eventually need it anyway.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah there's definitely more to the JBL flash than the Forscan trick....however if the goal is simply to increase the output range of the rear speakers, the sounds like forscan is the way to go (unless your dealer will do the flash for free)

Owning a Bronco without Forscan seems like a bad idea... you'll eventually need it anyway.
I am curious what Forscan is the most recommended one? are there any suggestions or links?

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious what Forscan is the most recommended one? are there any suggestions or links?
go to the Forscan website and they have two recommended cables available on Amazon. One has a manual switch and the other switches automatically. I purchased the automatic one and it works fine.

Abecker

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer would probably charge you for the flash, if they agree to do it without the hardware upgrade. Or spend the money on a OBD dongle, a free ForScan license and do the 3800 mod... And access 100's of other configurations on the Bronco as well. 🤷
Can you elaborate on the “3800 mod?” From what I’ve found so far, forscan alone cannot flash the speakers.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Abecker

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm replacing the dash speakers and the rear speakers next week. Also adding a sub-woofer. Since the Forscan mod adds full range to the rear speakers, I think I'll hold off and see if the sub rounds out the sound without the flash. If you haven't seen the Youtube video from BudgetBronco, replacing those speakers looks really easy. I'll find out next week :)

Sponsored

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I have already upgraded all speakers. The 4” were replaced with kicker 2 ways and the kick panel speakers I replaced with kicker 6.75” subwoofers
That's an awesome idea for the kick panels! I have one of those Kickers in my Element and it sounds great for a small sub. Did you have to any modification to fit them? How much power are you running to them?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think the average joe can figure this Forscan stuff out? Or do you need to be a computer programmer type?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think the average joe can figure this Forscan stuff out? Or do you need to be a computer programmer type?
Nah, we all started out knowing squat 🤷
Good tutorials here and elsewhere.
Backup your modules and have at it!

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just did the 3800 mod to the speakers and have upgraded all to Kickers. Makes a huge difference.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Forscan mod did nothing for my rear speakers after upgrading the front and back to Kickers.
Sponsored