Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Options that I want, no matter the trim for a 4 door build:
MIC top
Modular bumper and bash plates (included w/ BD)
Keyless entry
Overhead switches (included w/BD)

With squatch and 2.7L
Base $44,205
BD $48,030

The question is, are the following upgrades worth the $3825 price difference ?

MGV seats (vs seat covers or Scotchguard)
Washout floor (vs floor liners)
Steel rear bumper (vs aftermarket, or just keep plastic bumper)
Rock rails (confirmed on BD?)
2 extra G.O.A.T. modes (this is what has me at a crossroads)
Sponsored

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think so. No amount of Scotchguard can protect against the destruction my kids cause on a daily basis. Keyless entry is a big plus for me. Steel bumpers and rock rails just look better. Being able to wash out the floor when a kid spills something or pukes ? everywhere, that's huge. Unfortunately, these are things I think about because they've happened to me. ?

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing the BD-SAS... Seems to be the best overall optionable trim level for my needs in this season.
I'm beyond the puking small kids... but there are clear benefits for a wash out interior... spillage control your whole... family!

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out this thread below. It has a breakdown of the different parameters for each G.O.A.T. mode. To me, this makes the additional modes just nice fluff and not really additional value. After all, the G.O.A.T. modes are just one button switches to reconfigure features on the vehicle that can be controlled manually/individually (i.e. Traction control, Diff lockers, transfer case 2H/4H/4A/4L, throttle response, etc.). To sum it up, for me, I don’t see the value in a one button switch to reconfigure the vehicle for those extra two G.O.A.T. modes. IMHO

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ilability-for-each-model-trim-projected.2521/

Sponsored
OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having to pay for the AT on the BD build ends up pushing me into the extra $ for the 2.7L because, well, whats another $300 when your spending $40K+?

B-SQTCH is actually only $42,310
I only added the 2.7L to it to make a better comparison to the BD-SQTCH + $300

It's easy for me to try to justify the 2.7L just on a power and port injection basis, but the 2.3L is making more HP than any factory engine put in Bronco up to now. Would the one pedal trail driving be worth the jump to the 2.7L?

The washout interior is very appealing, but then again, I'm a 52 year old dude that drives the speed limit and both my kids will be driving by the time I take delivery, so no one will really be making a mess in it or ragging it out. Resale don't concern me because I intend to keep it till the wheels fall off.

It'd be nice to figure out what A-Plan pricing is going to be

Edited to add: My new German Shepherd pup barfed in my mustang the other day on his first car ride; that washout interior would have been nice to have...

Last edited:
OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out this thread below. It has a breakdown of the different parameters for each G.O.A.T. mode. To me, this makes the additional modes just nice fluff and not really additional value. After all, the G.O.A.T. modes are just one button switches to reconfigure features on the vehicle that can be controlled manually/individually (i.e. Traction control, Diff lockers, transfer case 2H/4H/4A/4L, throttle response, etc.). To sum it up, for me, I don’t see the value in a one button switch to reconfigure the vehicle for those extra two G.O.A.T. modes. IMHO

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ilability-for-each-model-trim-projected.2521/
Great info ?
Thanks for linking that!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went from Badlands to Black Diamond now to Basemansquatch. I do like the MGV seats but will settle for some Wet Okle or similar waterproof or water resistant seat covers and can probably remove carpet for a washout floor. I can’t pass up on the value of the 2 Dr Basemansquatch, @ about $38k OTD.

Jnf

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I add rock rails, aux switches, HD modular bumper and bash plates, and the 2.7 to a Squach Base, it prices out $5400 lower than a Squach BD. I can‘t see paying that for the MGV seats, rubberized floor, steel rear bumper and two extra Goat Modes. I don’t care about the two extra Goat Modes and the factory steel rear bumper, but I would like to have the MGV seats and rubberized floor. I am thinking I can replace the carpet with a rubberized floor and redo the seats down the road for way less than $5400, so it the Base Squach for me.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are going to pick one of the available colors that the Base comes in and do not care about the Mid package then I would stick to the Base Squatch. If I am going to stick with one of the basic colors and don't care about the conveniences of the mid pkg then the extra $$ for MGV is not worth it . The main selling point of BB and above is the availability of more colors and conveniences. If The Base came in Area51 I would probably just pick it and be happy but I chose the BL with Lux and everything. Ford knows how to squeeze $$ out of me too well .

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid and the MGV are huge considerations for me choosing the BD
I want some of those upgrades because
My tacoma has it and I don’t want to feel like I’m stepping down in options with my bronco

And as a trail runner- mountain biker and camper the MGV seems perfect because I have a tendency to find mud and wallow In it like a lil pig..

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn’t realize how incredible of a deal the base is until I actually built one in the tool. It really is the best bang for your buck. But, I gotta have the mid package at least. And the BD is probably the next best deal once you add Sasquatch. But still a lot more than the base.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went from Badlands to Black Diamond now to Basemansquatch. I do like the MGV seats but will settle for some Wet Okle or similar waterproof or water resistant seat covers and can probably remove carpet for a washout floor. I can’t pass up on the value of the 2 Dr Basemansquatch, @ about $38k OTD.
This is exactly what I did but going auto. I have a BL reserved but went to a BD then for the heck of it built a Base SAS and going that route. If this was going to be my DD I think I'd pick one of the other two for their comfort options. Right now I'm not willing to shell out 50K on a BL without seeing one in person and driving one. Maybe in a few years I will but for now the Base SAS will be a perfect off roader and suite me well for a second vehicle. With the Granger Ford special I'm looking at $34K +TTL.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't justify the black diamond because it's only couple thousand more to jump up to a Badlands. I would either just get it as stripped down as possible in base or jump up to the top trim.
Sponsored