First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was originally getting a Black Diamond mid until the other colors opened up for base in 2022. The only thing I feel like I’ll miss is the wash out interior. Like others have said, you get wireless CarPlay on an 8” screen and remote start with the app. It was an easy decision for the Cactus Grey Basesquatch 🤙
Sponsored

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be perfect but its more than I want to spend. Ugh. I had a non-Sas BD 4 door soft top that I had to sell, long story....
Sounds like you liked it enough to consider buying another? I know I LOVE my non-sas BD. Mine is the 7-spd manual, so she's bare bones inside, manual seats, no heaters. But the MGV and wash out floors are great. Wipe em down and go. I think it should be about what YOU are going to use it for. If Moab rock crawling is not in your future, go BD. If sand dunes, and forest service type roads are in your future, BD should be more than capable. I did get the advanced 4x4 with my rig.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess it really boils down to what ya are gonna use it for...if ya plan any semi serious off roading the base Sasquatch is a no brainer...if ya want it for snow, basic dirt road travel/exploring and comfortable highway travel the BD is a nice option (of course so are any number of SUVs). While I do not plan a lot of serious off roading (my old sick body has little interest in much getting bounced around or camping anymore) I do plan few rubicon trips and such just so I can make believe I can still do it...so base Sasquatch for me...still way more comfortable than any jeep I’ve ever had and able to go topless.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess it really boils down to what ya are gonna use it for...if ya plan any semi serious off roading the base Sasquatch is a no brainer...if ya want it for snow, basic dirt road travel/exploring and comfortable highway travel the BD is a nice option. While I do not plan a lot of serious off roading (my old sick body has little interest in much Getty bounced around or camping anymore) I do plan few rubicon trips and such just so I can make believe I can still do it...so base Sasquatch for me...still way more comfortable than any jeep I’ve ever had...
Ha ha I gotcha with the old sick body. I'm grateful I have not worn out much on mine yet, other than a few bad horse spills and one broken body part from said spills! That being said, I cannot ride in my husbands 435i for more than an hour as the seats kill me. I'm weirdly fine in my BMW. I drove my other Bronco up to Tahoe and back from the SF Bay Area and it was fantastic. The seats were comfortable and he drove like a champ. And I witnessed an awful single car crash right in front of me and was able to avoid it, pull over safely and help the driver. So safety wise I really love it too. Do you have yours yet?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
We all weighed what we wanted, prioritized it and came to a decision. For me, heated mirrors and remote start through the app are luxuries, so it's Basesquatch for me. Your decisions are yours for your own reasons...

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha ha I gotcha with the old sick body. I'm grateful I have not worn out much on mine yet, other than a few bad horse spills and one broken body part from said spills! That being said, I cannot ride in my husbands 435i for more than an hour as the seats kill me. I'm weirdly fine in my BMW. I drove my other Bronco up to Tahoe and back from the SF Bay Area and it was fantastic. The seats were comfortable and he drove like a champ. And I witnessed an awful single car crash right in front of me and was able to avoid it, pull over safely and help the driver. So safety wise I really love it too. Do you have yours yet?
No do not have it yet...hope by summer...I can not drive my Mustang gt convertible very far anymore without killing my leg & back...so Bronco will replace it...hope it is not a problem...can drive the model A (has no doors) all day and wife's BMW X1 (traded the Alfa, loved it but Italian problems, for it) is ok for a while. Really went with the Bronco because upright seating and the top comes off as 95% of my driving is top down (of course nostalgia and 4 wheeling ability too), no motorcycles anymore but still like the wind...nice you are enjoying yours!!

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No do not have it yet...hope by summer...I can not drive my Mustang gt convertible very far anymore without killing my leg & back...so Bronco will replace it...hope it is not a problem...can drive the model A (has no doors) all day and wife's BMW X1 (traded the Alfa, loved it but Italian problems, for it) is ok for a while. Really went with the Bronco because upright seating and the top comes off as 95% of my driving is top down (of course nostalgia and 4 wheeling ability too), no motorcycles anymore but still like the wind...nice you are enjoying yours!!
Well I enjoyed mine the two weeks I had him! My husband was not happy I bought it so I sold him to keep the peace. But I've ordered another one because YOLO! I'll have to sell my beloved BMW but I really need a more practical vehicle that will carry my dogs and do Tahoe trips. I had a 2013 X1, loved it! Bought a 2014 a few years ago and didn't like it as much, and the newer ones - 2016 up kill me.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As much bitching that people aim at ford ,they did the base man squatch the best imo if you want gears with a warranty this is the way to go.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like you liked it enough to consider buying another? I know I LOVE my non-sas BD. Mine is the 7-spd manual, so she's bare bones inside, manual seats, no heaters. But the MGV and wash out floors are great. Wipe em down and go. I think it should be about what YOU are going to use it for. If Moab rock crawling is not in your future, go BD. If sand dunes, and forest service type roads are in your future, BD should be more than capable. I did get the advanced 4x4 with my rig.
Yours is identical to the one I had to sell, only mine was an automatic. I do love the Cactus Gray, but I'm loathe to get the same thing again, perhaps I'm being superstitious!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if my minivan can conquer Peters Mill Run with no difficulty, than a non sas Black Diamond is good enough for me! Lol

8555FB71-27A1-48CB-913C-005FF8568AFE.jpeg

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but in all seriousness, the base squatch is a better deal. I only chose the black diamond because it gives bronco Gen 1 vibes

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I struggled with base vs. bd. Basesquatch gets you the advanced transfer case, 4A and sport mode .Seat covers for the dogs and window tint keep cost me a grand. I think way more for similar$.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a great discussion and lots of great input. Full disclosure I have a 4 dr BD w SAS and Mid…love it!
I last week ordered a 2 door base w a manual and only aux switches…still trying to decide to order sas or not since I originally just wanted the classic/vintage/retro look of the strip base. This will be for my gf to drive as a fly fishing guide and she hates extra technology or bells and whistles..
i also read that the base represents only 5% of Broncos made (I’m not sure this is exact but I did read that) making the base a bit more rare and yes a very classic looking ride.
as for the BD vs base argument, I agree washout floors and vinyl seats are awesome!! My thoughts are it’s something to be added later w aftermarket seat covers and yes maybe even the option of getting washout floor to replace carpets. I’m sure going to continue a conversation w my parts guy and he loves a challenge!! His initial response is well, washout floors must be available because they make them and there will always be insuranice claims…
I will keep you all posted what I find out…

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

making the base a bit more rare and yes a very classic looking ride.
Only reason I went for a basic black diamond, the tire size and steel wheels still gives it a slightly classic gen 1 look
Sponsored