Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the badlands, Mid Package...and totally happy with the options and my head did explode!! It was 59K minus my 5k trade in so $54k......its got all the disconnect sway and a bunch of other things though no bead lock rims which was not that big of thing as I am not a rock crawler...yet!
Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta respectfully disagree on resale point. Base SAS says it’s been wheeled hard and wheeling community is smaller than general population who like the lifestyle of Bronco and the comforts of heated seats and auto climate control (and better fuel economy).
There are so many articles and videos of how incredibly capable non-SAS broncos are (any trim), that given you’re only looking to get more into the wheeling scene sounds like an overreach getting the base SAS.
of course this is from a guy with a BD non-SAS on order since the description above also applies to me. 😉 😎
It's only wheeled hard if he wheels it hard. :)

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also have you experienced any issues with the 2.7. My other Bronco was a 2.3 and it drove great but I upped to the 2.7 because of Sasquatch. There should be options to chip the 2.3 in future so now I'm thinking I'll switch to the 2.3. Coming from the Raptor I get why you went with the 2.7 twin turbo. My other car is a 3 liter twin turbo m240i, its a rocket ship so I'm used to great pick-up so a chip would be in the cards.

Regarding Sas v nonSas, my grown son has encouraged me to go with Sas this time for the resale value and fun factor. Now my head is going to explode! ha!
I have a "So Far" problem free 2.7L. Just over 2800 miles, so I'm in the danger zone. Time will tell, but currently running great.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta respectfully disagree on resale point. Base SAS says it’s been wheeled hard and wheeling community is smaller than general population who like the lifestyle of Bronco and the comforts of heated seats and auto climate control (and better fuel economy).
There are so many articles and videos of how incredibly capable non-SAS broncos are (any trim), that given you’re only looking to get more into the wheeling scene sounds like an overreach getting the base SAS.
of course this is from a guy with a BD non-SAS on order since the description above also applies to me. 😉 😎
Point taken, however there will be plenty of beaten up non-sas Bronco's as well. Mine will be well loved and permanently dirty. I have dogs and horses and I basically live in a forest. Sadly no Bronco fits in my garage either.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Point taken, however there will be plenty of beaten up non-sas Bronco's as well. Mine will be well loved and permanently dirty. I have dogs and horses and I basically live in a forest. Sadly no Bronco fits in my garage either.
Same on the garage part! 😆 But wish it was the same on the other parts. 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same on the garage part! 😆 But wish it was the same on the other parts. 😁
I've got three dogs, which one do you want? :p But the horses, now thats another story, I'll pay you to take one! And kidding about my dogs, just look at those faces.

507E9ED0-6DB6-406A-979F-0AE6AA7DA789.jpeg

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a huge amount of difference between a Base and a BD. You just have read the order guide. Go BD Sasquatch…

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey
Some of you know me on here, so you are aware I have ordered a second Bronco and why. This time around she's a 2 door BaseSquatch with aux switches and modular bumper. My other option is a 2 door BD with mid. What will I be missing out on going with the BaseSquatch and forgoing the mid. I know what it includes but I feel like I may be missing something here going with the Base. Its apples and oranges, just not certain Sasquatch is worth it. BaseSquatch ends up at around 40K whereas the BD comes in around 41K give or take. I'm sure others have gone back and forth like me so I'm hoping to piggyback off of your wisdom or lessons learned. Thanks in advance!
Do what I did get the black diamond squatch with mid pakage you won’t be dissapointed

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a huge amount of difference between a Base and a BD. You just have read the order guide. Go BD Sasquatch…
Oh I know the difference as far as what comes standard with both, just not sure about other things I may be giving up going BaseSquatch. I can live without the leather wrapped steering wheel, Mid is nice but not necessary, etc. and BD with Sas is more than I care to spend. I think I've just confused myself even further.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do what I did get the black diamond squatch with mid pakage you won’t be dissapointed
That would be perfect but its more than I want to spend. Ugh. I had a non-Sas BD 4 door soft top that I had to sell, long story....

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basequatch is THE deal, since it is derived from the (essentially) loss-leader-type pricing of the base, which is designed to enable the claim “Bronco starts under $30k”.

As others have stated or alluded, the trim upgrades boil down to tier status price traps: the price difference in terms of features gained is not reasonably tracking the cost difference (e.g. the easiest example after market heated seats). IMO some people just can’t stand the thought of choosing the “cheap” one, even if the price is basically a glitch! 😂

I’m 7500 miles into my 2.7, and I love it.

Biggest annoyance is an iOS/sync bug that has my wireless CarPlay still no longer working (though it started out great).

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch versus BD with mid. F9519DDD-6728-49DE-9416-CC1B30148594

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I know the difference as far as what comes standard with both, just not sure about other things I may be giving up going BaseSquatch. I can live without the leather wrapped steering wheel, Mid is nice but not necessary, etc. and BD with Sas is more than I care to spend. I think I've just confused myself even further.
I understand everything is economic based. But tinted glass, steel rear bumper, tow availability, MGV, rubber floor, goat modes, grille, rock rails, standard Aux switches. Resale value will be so much better with BD.
And by the way a lot of folks “hate” the Base steering wheel so much they want to change them out…
Good luck

Last edited:

EffenNewGuy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Silverado LS, '14 Subaru Impreza Sport Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond