Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Longevity of the V6 is debatabl
Sorry I didn’t specify this in the earlier post… I’m looking at the 4 door and I‘ve added the 2.7, MIC, and aux switches. These are must-haves for me. I want the room of the larger 4 door and want the longevity of the V6. The hard top is just more convenient for my area as well.
Longevity of the V6 is debatable right now. I know in the past they might have been good engines but with covid there is no guarantee. The V6 had a known really bad supplier issue where they had to replace entire engines on this forum. The count is up to 44-46 I believe and that’s just from a small number of enthusiasts.

The i4 and a manual saves you a decent chunk for an upgrade elsewhere. But it’s all personal preference. I prefer a large display (high package) and some other nice upgrades than the cost of the V6 and an automatic. Plus i value the manual so it was an easy decision for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bladen005

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went through the same decision problem. Then thought of how much off roading I would do vs street. I ended up going the Big Bend(2.7L) with the upgrade package and added larger tires(33's and no lift yet) using the factory rims and having leather seats installed, and upgraded the speakers. All an extra $5k but for me it was perfect. So I guess it's up to you to get what you want and that would make you happy.

sidesteps1.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg
I LOVE this build! I honestly didn‘t expect that look without a lift. And the seats look amazing… are they katzkin? If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they run and how easy did they make the process? I’ve looked at others putting on 33’s on their Big Bend and the most popular option seems to be the 285/70R17’s… is that what you went with? And did you have to complete any recalibration of the TPMS after install? Thank you guys for all the help, it’s much appreciated.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I LOVE this build! I honestly didn‘t expect that look without a lift. And the seats look amazing… are they katzkin? If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they run and how easy did they make the process? I’ve looked at others putting on 33’s on their Big Bend and the most popular option seems to be the 285/70R17’s… is that what you went with? And did you have to complete any recalibration of the TPMS after install? Thank you guys for all the help, it’s much appreciated.
Yes, Katzkin at $2100(includes tax). Got pererated seating area because I have heated seats. The process was seamless and quick. Yes, 285/70R17. No recalibration as the difference is only a 1 mph difference.

Last edited:

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had this same debate with myself when I ordered. Ultimately I ordered a Basesquatch and after having it for a couple of months I couldn’t happier.

My wife drives a King Ranch Expedition that has just about any feature you’d ever use in a vehicle, but I never used any of them. So, when I thought about this, it made sense for me to order a Bronco that was pretty basic and make modifications that I wanted.

If the BB offers features that you’ll use a lot then maybe it’ll be the right choice for you. However, I do think you can’t go wrong with the Sasquatch package on any model.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch vs Big Bend Medium Package A15509A9-34A3-419F-B4E5-E00744BBC3BB

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sasquatch adds more fun factor. Especially with 2.7 and sport mode...does the base have sport mode? And if not....can it be added with forscan?

Sponsored

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sasquatch adds more fun factor. Especially with 2.7 and sport mode...does the base have sport mode? And if not....can it be added with forscan?
Base sasquatch has sports mode

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
if you go Big Bend, at least get the rear locker.
Sponsored